• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ChristopherReevesLegs

Big E Appreciation Thread

Rate this topic

22 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Bluegrass was started by musicians around the Appalachians. The Appalacians were heavily populated by immigrants of Scottish and Irish descent. Therefore, their music was heavily influenced by their native homeland and their new one.

I realize that, but I'm inquiring as to the difference between Blue Grass and Newfie Music. Certainly they aren't the same, even if they have similar influences. Blues and Jazz both have their roots in black communities from the American south, but they're two different sounds. My question is probably better phrased as "is newfie music more scot/irish sounding than current blue grass". Someone mentioned jigs and stuff so that was the impression I got. (I realize you can do a jig to a bluegrass song)

37 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Now - for all the headbangers...IMHO nuthin beats the 'early' days of AC/DC with Bon Scott...As one music critic wrote 'Scott has the voice of 2 weasels mating'...God Bless them weasels.

I don't like ACDC and I think Bon Scotts weasels sound like s***

There i said it

I love AC/DC for tons of reasons, but the biggest one is that you're never going to hear "we're gonna slow it down on this one" from AC/DC. I respect the hell out of that.  AC/DC, Iggy Pop, and Motorhead all more or less do this.  Love it.  They're here to rock, not lament love lost or whatever the hell else the rest of these p*ssies are singing about.

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I love AC/DC for tons of reasons, but the biggest one is that you're never going to hear "we're gonna slow it down on this one" from AC/DC. I respect the hell out of that.  AC/DC, Iggy Pop, and Motorhead all more or less do this.  Love it.  They're here to rock, not lament love lost or whatever the hell else the rest of these p*ssies are singing about.

If you made me pick my favorite genre of music: Trash metal

If you asked me to explain why: It's fast

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I realize that, but I'm inquiring as to the difference between Blue Grass and Newfie Music. Certainly they aren't the same, even if they have similar influences. Blues and Jazz both have their roots in black communities from the American south, but they're two different sounds. My question is probably better phrased as "is newfie music more scot/irish sounding than current blue grass". Someone mentioned jigs and stuff so that was the impression I got. (I realize you can do a jig to a bluegrass song)

My apologies. I misunderstood the question you were asking. I have no idea which one is more authentic. They both evolved from similar roots, but I would imagine that Newfie music probably sounds closer to the original because its had less time to change and because it would have a much more Maritime theme to it than would inland mountain music.

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I don't like ACDC and I think Bon Scotts weasels sound like s***

There i said it

There's a tiny spot reserved for people like you when you die...No - it's not hell...Your soul will suffer between the a$$ crack of a sweaty overweight Lebanese man who's got explosive diarrhea in which you get to enjoy the full experience every 15 minutes.

Suffer well my friend.

Edited by F.Michael

2 hours ago, F.Michael said:

There's a tiny spot reserved for people like you when you die...No - it's not hell...Your soul will suffer between the a$$ crack of a sweaty overweight Lebanese man who's got explosive diarrhea in which you get to enjoy the full experience every 15 minutes.

Suffer well my friend.

Nazem Kadri?

4 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Suffer well my friend.

Can I just go home to Australia with ACDC? That fake ass continent is basically a boiling hellscape littered with monsters that will kill you 5000 different ways.

"Oi mate look it's a giant man-eating tarantula! Oi do you have a gun? A bow n arrow? A sling shot even? Naaaa we'll just lob this bent stick that spins really fast at him eh?"

Silly place

All the songs sound the same. Isn't TNT and dirty deeds like basically the exact same song? Musically it's super elementary stuff too. That said, if you like that sound/formula they put out then I can see why you really like them. I love KISS and they're basically the American version of ACDC. Super basic rock n roll, but it's fun.

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Can I just go home to Australia with ACDC? That fake ass continent is basically a boiling hellscape littered with monsters that will kill you 5000 different ways.

"Oi mate look it's a giant man-eating tarantula! Oi do you have a gun? A bow n arrow? A sling shot even? Naaaa we'll just lob this bent stick that spins really fast at him eh?"

Silly place

All the songs sound the same. Isn't TNT and dirty deeds like basically the exact same song? Musically it's super elementary stuff too. That said, if you like that sound/formula they put out then I can see why you really like them. I love KISS and they're basically the American version of ACDC. Super basic rock n roll, but it's fun.

ACDC >>> KISS

Bon Scott's death was the end of AC/DC. High Voltage, Powerage, Let there be Rock, Highway to Hell, Dirty Deeds....come on. They haven't topped any of that since. Back in Black is their highest selling, but everyone owns that record, even people that listen to s***ty hipster indie rock.