• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

10/29 The Perlini Era GDT - Oilers @ Red Wings - 7:30 PM EST

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, kipwinger said:

Not that anybody really has a chance of effectively defending McDavid, but Larkin is the kind of guy who would have the best shot.  He can skate with 97, he's relentless, and he doesn't mind being borderline dirty. 

I want Larkin to eventually become our Ryan O'Reilly, so matchups like this are of special interest to me. McDavid's eaten Larkin's lunch a couple of times in the past, and we know how competitive Larkin is...

3 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Not that anybody really has a chance of effectively defending McDavid, but Larkin is the kind of guy who would have the best shot.  He can skate with 97, he's relentless, and he doesn't mind being borderline dirty. 

How much fight does Dustin Byfuglien have?  Because that's who I was always pining for.

Right now Big Buff is chillin somewhere while have a few beers, and enjoying life...But yeah - he would've been a nice addition.

Just now, Y19 said:

Chihuahuas can't deliver a good body check. - Y19

Ever see Marchand submarine guys?

2 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I want Larkin to eventually become our Ryan O'Reilly, so matchups like this are of special interest to me. McDavid's eaten Larkin's lunch a couple of times in the past, and we know how competitive Larkin is...

Agreed.  It's a favorable comparison, except that Larkin is probably a much better offensive player than O'Reilly was at this point in his career.  If we can somehow land a 2nd line center who has offensive chops we'll be in the catbird seat going forward if that's the case.

15 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

A couple years ago I was beating the drum about how the Red Wings needed to sign/trade for someone who maybe wasn't the best player on earth, but who was full of swagger and confidence.  In my mind's eye I was thinking of when the Pistons acquired Rasheed Wallace. 

Never fear, we now have Joe Hicketts. According to Ken Daniels that's why he's been called up.  Ugh.  I didn't think I needed to specify that I didn't want a midget. 

******* SHEED was the best. Instant favorite.

2 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Right now Big Buff is chillin somewhere while have a few beers, and enjoying life...But yeah - he would've been a nice addition.

Ever see Marchand submarine guys?

Marchand is the exact opposite of "having fight".  He hits guys dirty and then does everything in his power to avoid having to answer for it.  As a heel, I love him.  As a man, not so much.

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

******* SHEED was the best. Instant favorite.

Dude kicked so much ass.  I'd get so mad at him for bombing three balls from six feet beyond the arch, but then I'd remember how the rest of the team were a bunch of vanilla midgets before he came and I'd give him a pass.  Plus, how much more Detroit could a player be?  He was the right athlete at the right time on the right team.  Only good move Dumars ever made as GM.

Marchand is the exact opposite of "having fight".  He hits guys dirty and then does everything in his power to avoid having to answer for it.  As a heel, I love him.  As a man, not so much.

He's a dirty'lil rat alright, but I'd take him on my team any day.

5 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Agreed.  It's a favorable comparison, except that Larkin is probably a much better offensive player than O'Reilly was at this point in his career.  If we can somehow land a 2nd line center who has offensive chops we'll be in the catbird seat going forward if that's the case.

Byfield.png

I know.  It would be so sick.  But since the Red Wings NEVER take players I want I can't allow myself to get excited about it. 

"With the 2nd overall pick in the draft, the Detroit Red Wings select that Russian goalie. F*** you, kip." - Steve Yzerman, 2020

PP. Let's get another one here, boys.

Green just did a slow-mo version of the drop pass fakeout.

Hicketts is running the 2nd PP unit. What a time to be alive.

19 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Dude kicked so much ass.  I'd get so mad at him for bombing three balls from six feet beyond the arch, but then I'd remember how the rest of the team were a bunch of vanilla midgets before he came and I'd give him a pass.  Plus, how much more Detroit could a player be?  He was the right athlete at the right time on the right team.  Only good move Dumars ever made as GM.

Rasheed was the only player in the NBA that I can remember that the more heated you got him the powerful he became. Like normally you're chirping and playing dirty to get someone heated and off their game, it just had the exact opposite effect on him. He would get all riled up, take a technical, then go beast mode and take over a game. The 2004 Pistons are one of my favorite teams of all time. Can't talk enough about em. Amazing how quickly Dumars was able to run that whole shabang into the ground.

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

"Somebody"

He's in the same boat as Bobby Ryan.  He's on the back side of his career so he's declining, but he's not nearly as bad as he's made out to be. But since he makes a zillion dollars a year everybody f*cking hates his guts and wants to see him fail. 

Just now, kipwinger said:

He's in the same boat as Bobby Ryan.  He's on the back side of his career so he's declining, but he's not nearly as bad as he's made out to be. But since he makes a zillion dollars a year everybody f*cking hates his guts and wants to see him fail. 

Agreed. As well, everyone would be fine with Abdelkader I suspect if he made $2 mill a year, but he makes twice that.

Queue the Seabrook trade rumors thou