• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

General Rebuild Discussion Thread

Rate this topic

11 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

This. Let the 6th spot be between Bowey and Hicketts any given night. Playing them together is absurd. Kids like Hicketts will make mistakes. At least play them with someone useful.

I keep coming back to this, but we probably need to keep playing Bowey or else his trade value will sink. It's the unfortunate state of things. Like Dabs said yesterday, I pretty much full expect guys like Bowey to get traded at this point.

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

Erne suck. Ehn sucks. de la Rose sucks. Biega sucks. Hicketts sucks. None of these guys (maybe Erne, 4th line winger) crack the roster of any of the 16 playoff teams. They're awful.

Perlini is actually half decent (size, speed, skill). Put him with some skilled players and he'd produce.

Stop talking s*** about my fav players

Erne is gritty and has wheels. I like that about him.
Biega is gritty and has wheels. I like that about him.

Ehn is mostly a mistake free place holder
DLR is mostly a mistake free place holder

None are needle movers, but it's probably better to have them on the big club than Ras/Svech/Zadina getting butt slammed every night

15 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I keep coming back to this, but we probably need to keep playing Bowey or else his trade value will sink. Stop talking s*** about my fav players

Erne is gritty and has wheels. I like that about him.
Biega is gritty and has wheels. I like that about him.

Ehn is mostly a mistake free place holder
DLR is mostly a mistake free place holder

None are needle movers, but it's probably better to have them on the big club than Ras/Svech/Zadina getting butt slammed every night

The bold I agree with...

Adam Erne = Mitch Callahan

Christoffer Ehn = Cory Emmerton

Jacob de la Rose = Joakim Andersson

Joe Hicketts = Xavier Ouellet

Alex Biega = Adam Almquist

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

The bold I agree with...

Adam Erne = Mitch Callahan

Christoffer Ehn = Cory Emmerton

Jacob de la Rose = Joakim Andersson

Joe Hicketts = Xavier Ouellet

Alex Biega = Adam Almquist

Joe Veleno = Riley Sheahan

Filip Zadina = Tomas Jurco

:ninja:

28 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Zadina needs to figure out how to stop getting butt slammed in the AHL first

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

If only he were so lucky

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Joe Veleno = Riley Sheahan

Moritz Seider = Ryan Sproul 

Just now, marcaractac said:

Zadina needs to figure out how to stop getting butt slammed in the AHL first

I think Chris Terry needs a call up. 18 pts in 11 games in the AHL right now. Give the a man a job plz, he's possessed right now.

Seider up to 6 pts in 11 games!

Veleno and Zadina are pretty sub par so far. At this rate we will need 10 years of drafting before we climb out of this hole.

Just now, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I think Chris Terry needs a call up. 18 pts in 11 games in the AHL right now. Give the a man a job plz, he's possessed right now.

Seider up to 6 pts in 11 games!

Veleno and Zadina are pretty sub par so far. At this rate we will need 10 years of drafting before we climb out of this hole.

I feel like Veleno will turn it around. Zadina on the other hand...

4 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

I feel like Veleno will turn it around. Zadina on the other hand...

I don't mind Zadina. Not a bad player, just doesn't fit. Probably doesn't fit on any team in 2019. Actually a pretty bad player. Nice guy though.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

I figure this year is just a write off. Yzerman is probably using it to evaluate just how much he needs to do to bring the team back to respectability, then he'll make a solid plan, some moves in the offseason, probably ditch any vets he can at the deadline too. Holland left him a complete disaster to clean up, but at least some of the overpaid guys are nearing the end. Daley, Errorson, Green, Howard are all UFAs after this season, Helm is after next. Unfortunately, Abby and Nielson still have a ways to go. I think Larkin, Mantha, AA and Bertuzzi know they're the present and future of the team, but they can only do so much. The rest of the team, with a few exceptions, is pretty useless. We have almost no D, more shots hit our goal than the oppositions during a PP. Jimmy is old and fat and Bernier has always sucked. Neither of them are stealing any games, least not very often. And above all, there are no true leaders left.

17 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Moritz Seider = Jonathan Ericsson

:ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

Nah, Seider is gonna be real gud. 

6 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

And he should be, being his second year pro and all. In the end, I'm just depressed about Quinn.

They're both still very young (19). They're both ahead in their development in terms of the league their peers are playing in. Zadina started in the AHL last season, only because he was technically on loan by Pardubice to Halifax. Veleno started in the AHL this season, only because of the exceptional status. Otherwise, both would have played an extra season each in the Q, would have dominated, and fans would be salivating over them. Instead, they've been fast tracked and have (not at all surprisingly) struggled out of the gate, and fans are already turning on them. This isn't directed at you. It's every fan that is calling Zadina a bust. It's f***ing dumb.

Anybody watching the Griffins games can see that both have been playing well, considering the circumstances. Struggling at times, but glimpses of greatness. Both Zadina and Veleno will be fine. Neither will end up being Jurco or Sheahan...

9 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

They're both still very young (19). They're both ahead in their development in terms of the league their peers are playing in. Zadina started in the AHL last season, only because he was technically on loan by Pardubice to Halifax. Veleno started in the AHL this season, only because of the exceptional status. Otherwise, both would have played an extra season each in the Q, would have dominated, and fans would be salivating over them. Instead, they've been fast tracked and have (not at all surprisingly) struggled out of the gate, and fans are already turning on them. This isn't directed at you. It's every fan that is calling Zadina a bust. It's f***ing dumb.

Anybody watching the Griffins games can see that both have been playing well, considering the circumstances. Struggling at times, but glimpses of greatness. Both Zadina and Veleno will be fine. Neither will end up being Jurco or Sheahan...

Shhh. I'm just jumping on the bash Zadina in hoping I look like an idiot for doing so later on train.

Regardless, I think we'll always hate not having Hughes instead. 

Edited by marcaractac

1 minute ago, marcaractac said:

Shhh. I'm just jumping on the bash Zadina in hoping I look like an idiot for doing so later on.

Regardless, I think we'll always hate not having Hughes instead. 

Why though? I don't even think Hughes was high on our list (probably should have been). If Zadina didn't drop to us, we would have likely taken Bouchard.

Also, if we had drafted Hughes and Vancouver had drafted Zadina, I'd be willing to bet Zadina would be tearing it up on a line with Eliasson, and Hughes would be playing (likely very well) in Grand Rapids.

I'm not going to spend too much energy being pissed about not drafting Hughes over Zadina when we don't even know how it will play out yet. If we're going to be pissed about passing over a player that Vancouver ended up drafting, it's Svechnikov instead of Boeser...