• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Trade deadline bait available this year?

Rate this topic

5 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I think we get a 2nd for taking the Backes deal. If you want a 1st, you have to sweeten the pot. And Ryan Kuffner doesn't sweeten jack shat. 

Ryan Kuffner was a throw in, not a piece that I'd expect the Bruins or any team to have much interest in.

5 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Conversely, I don't think AA or Fabbri get you much more than a 2nd in a trade. If you want to upgrade to a 1st? You'd have to take that Backes contract. 

I don't think it's fair to lump Athanasiou and Fabbri together, but if their perceived value is a 2nd round pick (I agree, it probably wouldn't be much higher at this point), I don't move them. To be honest, I don't think I'd move either for a late 1st (26-31) right now. Hold on to both, and re-sign them this offseason. If Fabbri keeps up his current play, he's a part of the future. If Athanasiou rebounds, he could be a very good (better) trade piece next season.

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I think Backes + 1st for AA is even too much for us to pay honestly

I agree. Maybe Kuffner doesn't get it done, but if we're taking on two years of Backes ($6M), from a team that is desperate to free up cap space, I'm not giving up much more than that. Maybe a mid round pick...

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Imagine if we get a first for Backes AND a first for batteries.

Holy lord that would return Yzerman to my good graces

Still upset about not re-claiming Comrie? Let it go dude. It likely won't set us back too much...

14 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Still upset about not re-claiming Comrie? Let it go dude. It likely won't set us back too much...

Na f*** Eric Comrie he sucks

I'm pissed we have Perlini, Erne, and Kyle Wood on the team, and not Austin Czarnik or Sven Baertschi or Markus Grandlund or Michael Haley or Andreas Englund. And that we lost a 4th, Regula, and Kaski to add those two-bit losers.

4 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Na f*** Eric Comrie he sucks

I'm pissed we have Perlini, Erne, and Kyle Wood on the team, and not Austin Czarnik or Sven Baertschi or Markus Grandlund or Michael Haley or Andreas Englund. And that we lost a 4th, Regula, and Kaski to add those two-bit losers.

In hindsight, I agree. Though I don't fault Yzerman for making any of them. They were all low risk trades. You make enough, and at least one should work out. It did, better than any of us could have expected. And really, what we lost probably would have never amounted to much anyway. The 4th round pick likely wouldn't have amounted to much, if anything. David Pope is a career minor leaguer. Alec Regula may or may not become an NHL defenseman. de la Rose sucks. Vili Saarijarvi is a career minor leaguer. Oliwer Kaski is also likely a career minor league, or back to Europe. 

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

In hindsight, I agree. Though I don't fault Yzerman for making any of them. They were all low risk trades. You make enough, and at least one should work out. It did, better than any of us could have expected. And really, what we lost probably would have never amounted to much anyway. The 4th round pick likely wouldn't have amounted to much, if anything. David Pope is a career minor leaguer. Alec Regula may or may not become an NHL defenseman. de la Rose sucks. Vili Saarijarvi is a career minor leaguer. Oliwer Kaski is also likely a career minor league, or back to Europe. 

I'm keeping my eye on Kaski, but the 4th and especially Regula are the most concerning

the 4th will probably be nothing, but then hey, we also pulled Nyquist, AA, and Ehn out of the 4th round recently. So that kinda sucks that it was used on Erne but whatever.

But Regula... He's basically a 2nd rounder at 67th overall. He's big, he scores, he's RH, playing like a top OHL Dman this year, and he's a Detroit native.. and we traded him to Chicago of all places for 2 pts Perlini

Feels bad man

14 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I'm keeping my eye on Kaski, but the 4th and especially Regula are the most concerning

the 4th will probably be nothing, but then hey, we also pulled Nyquist, AA, and Ehn out of the 4th round recently. So that kinda sucks that it was used on Erne but whatever.

But Regula... He's basically a 2nd rounder at 67th overall. He's big, he scores, he's RH, playing like a top OHL Dman this year, and he's a Detroit native.. and we traded him to Chicago of all places for 2 pts Perlini

Feels bad man

I think we should start a thread on day two of the draft specifically dedicated to that 4th round pick we traded away. We all say who we want with that pick, and revisit the thread in 3-5 years to see if any of us would have hit on our pick... 

Kaski sucks. 

I like Regula too. I thought he could be a real candidate for our 3rd pair on the right side. If he does make it, he probably won't slot higher than that though. And those guys can be found any year via free agency...

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I think we should start a thread on day two of the draft specifically dedicated to that 4th round pick we traded away. We all say who we want with that pick, and revisit the thread in 3-5 years to see if any of us would have hit on our pick... 

Kaski sucks. 

I like Regula too. I thought he could be a real candidate for our 3rd pair on the right side. If he does make it, he probably won't slot higher than that though. And those guys can be found any year via free agency...

IDK, big, smart, mobile... putting up points... he reads like a very possible top4 one day, and coming in at the end of the 2nd beginning of the 3rd that would not at all be unheard of. And Chicago signed him immediately after the trade...

Kaski's on pace for a lot of points with Charlotte. I don't think he'll be anything crazy impactful, but goddamn it's like we didn't even try with this kid and just gave him away.

30 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

IDK, big, smart, mobile... putting up points... he reads like a very possible top4 one day, and coming in at the end of the 2nd beginning of the 3rd that would not at all be unheard of. And Chicago signed him immediately after the trade...

Kaski's on pace for a lot of points with Charlotte. I don't think he'll be anything crazy impactful, but goddamn it's like we didn't even try with this kid and just gave him away.

I'm not really disagreeing with either having (limited) potential, but I'd take Yzerman's approach over Holland's. If Holland were still here, he likely wouldn't have made any of those trades, including Fabbri. If you had the choice between making all of those trades, or none, which would it be? I'd take them all for sure.

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm not really disagreeing with either having (limited) potential, but I'd take Yzerman's approach over Holland's. If Holland were still here, he likely wouldn't have made any of those trades, including Fabbri. If you had the choice between making all of those trades, or none, which would it be? I'd take them all for sure.

de la Rose ------> Fabbri
Regula ----------> Perlini
4th rounder ----> Erne
Kaski ------------> Wood
Pope ------------> Biega
Saarijarvi -------^

I would take the one on the right purely for Fabbri. He alone is worth the entire package on the left.

Remove the Fabbri trade and I'd take the left hand side though.

9 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

4th rounder ----> Erne
Kaski ------------> Wood
Pope ------------> Biega
Saarijarvi -------^

I would take the one on the right purely for Fabbri. He alone is worth the entire package on the left.

LOL well no s***... That was my point.

7 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I guess I'm confused as to why you asked me then

My bad. I guess it was more of a rhetorical question. I don't think anyone with the exception of maybe nyquististhefuture would choose no trades...

How about this...

Regula for Fabbri = win

Pope for Perlini = win

4th round pick for Biega = likely a win

Kaski for Erne = likely a win

Saarijarvi for Wood = wash

de la Rose for nothing (waivers) - who cares...

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

YOU OWE US KENNETH

"but he's top 6 F." Revoke his credentials.

26 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

4th rounder ----> Erne
Kaski ------------> Wood
Pope ------------> Biega
Saarijarvi -------^

Fabbri and Biega trades were wins. The rest are losses. The only one I even remotely have concerns about is the Perlini trade. I really think that one could come back and haunt us.

6 hours ago, marcaractac said:

Tatar was consistent. A reliable top 6 winger who could reliably put up 50-60 points and only entering his prime. 

Did he even get over 50 pts? He must have but id say hes more 40-50 guy , id say If athanasiou bounces back we can argue he’d be entering his prime as well? Guessing they were of similiar age 

anyways just saying if he does bounce back to 30 goals and 55-65 pt season with 2-3-4 teams after him we should get more than just a 1st so unless someone wows us im in no rush to deal him now 

36 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

My bad. I guess it was more of a rhetorical question. I don't think anyone with the exception of maybe nyquististhefuture would choose no trades...

How about this...

Regula for Fabbri = win

Pope for Perlini = win

4th round pick for Biega = likely a win

Kaski for Erne = likely a win

Saarijarvi for Wood = wash

de la Rose for nothing (waivers) - who cares...

Hey dont bring me into your mess lol

and ive always said id have done fabbri trade as delarose had zero future here and just a bottom line scrub among many. Im just not as high on him as everyone else and would be shocked if he maintained this play and was still a redwing in 2-3 years 

Regula trade was moronic imo  , sorry ...never saw the upside , being on a 3rd team in 3 years was a big red flag ... id have rather sent ehn or something

4th round pick for erne never liked it cause again , we have an abundance of bottom line scrubs and smith , turgeon ,pearson all in the ahl was there really a need for another ? + this is a seriously deep draft and yes its the 4th round but its likely first dibs so like a late 3rd ... arizona got this macceli kid last year lighting up the liiga league  so ya never know. I just knew we had no need for erne

other players yzerman traded were just scrubs with zero future in detroit , we won in the fabbri deal and lost the erne/regula one and broke even with the others ... maybe got one up on pope if we trade biega for a 7th lol maybe draft a 17yr old goalie and hope he develops 

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Kaski sucks. 

I thought of doing a thread after the draft a few yrs ago and everyone doing our own picks and seeing how everyone did but figured id just get beef for it so passed on it lol

Got no problems saying id have taken podkolzin over seider day after the draft  ... still think hes gonna be a star but i get what yzerman did as holland has ignored are weakness for years (taking rasmussen over brannstrom/foote/valimaki was a blunder) so tried to fix our biggest need in one draft . Id still have taken fagemo with our first second , was really high on him , but ya if anyone wants to do a thread after the draft and have a laugh 3-4 years later id be game

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

No you didn't. You said he'd be in Europe in a couple years...

I did .... like i said i dont think he’ll be in detroit in 2-3 years , i wont get carried away over a 30 game stretch . Doesnt mean i was pissed off we traded delarose , like i said our bottom 6 is beyond stacked with mediocre players and he had zero future here 

17 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I did .... like i said i dont think he’ll be in detroit in 2-3 years , i wont get carried away over a 30 game stretch . Doesnt mean i was pissed off we traded delarose , like i said our bottom 6 is beyond stacked with mediocre players and he had zero future here 

I'm pretty sure you've said the exact same thing ever since the trade happened...

"i dont think he’ll be in detroit in 2-3 years , i wont get carried away over a 2 game stretch"

"i dont think he’ll be in detroit in 2-3 years , i wont get carried away over a 12 game stretch"

"i dont think he’ll be in detroit in 2-3 years , i wont get carried away over a 18 game stretch"

"i dont think he’ll be in detroit in 2-3 years , i wont get carried away over a 26 game stretch"

"i dont think he’ll be in detroit in 2-3 years , i wont get carried away over a 64 game stretch"

"i dont think he’ll be in detroit in 2-3 years , i wont get carried away over a 2 season stretch"

20 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm pretty sure you've said the exact same thing ever since the trade happened...

"i dont think he’ll be in detroit in 2-3 years , i wont get carried away over a 2 game stretch"

"i dont think he’ll be in detroit in 2-3 years , i wont get carried away over a 12 game stretch"

"i dont think he’ll be in detroit in 2-3 years , i wont get carried away over a 18 game stretch"

"i dont think he’ll be in detroit in 2-3 years , i wont get carried away over a 26 game stretch"

"i dont think he’ll be in detroit in 2-3 years , i wont get carried away over a 64 game stretch"

"i dont think he’ll be in detroit in 2-3 years , i wont get carried away over a 2 season stretch"

Its nice you stopped at 2 season stretch cause you know he won’t be here year 3 , now your learning ;) 

its all nice you wanna jerk eachother off over 30 game sample but you realize next year zadina is here game 1 , we get lucky and fufill our destiny and land lafraniere thats another player  .... veleno and lafraniere go nuts together in camp and exhibition + rasmussen,AA wakes up  etc....

Fabbri  finds himself suddenly on the 3rd line , your deluding yourself if you think he’ll stay in the top 6 and keep up this production up but its fine man enjoy it while it lasts pretend hes a corner stone piece of the future for now 

39 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Then what would have been the point of the trade? If you believed both players had no future in Detroit and would be gone after a few years anyway, why do it? Your premise makes no sense.

Wtf are you on about , you make no sense  .... what would have been the point of kaski for wood ? What would have been the point of pope for biega?saarijarvi for comrie? Sometimes you trade your garbage for other garbage ... panned out this time ... for now enjoy it , soak it in high five eachother cause there’s nothing else to celebrate in detroit until seider shows up with 10-15 games left 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture