• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Trade deadline bait available this year?

Rate this topic

16 minutes ago, mackel said:

You can bet Ken Holland would trade rights to Puljujarvi for Athanasiou but Wings might want a draft pick too. Maybe OK, as long as it's not a second-rounder? Fourth or higher? Fine

My AA proposal is coming to life

12 hours ago, marcaractac said:

My AA proposal is coming to life

7 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

For puljujarvi and a 5th? f*** that ... that guys a moron everyday he keeps bringing up athanasiou but he and every oilers fan want to land him without trading a 1st,2nd or a top prospect ya goodluck with that

I'd trade Athanasiou for Puljujarvi and a 3rd. Puljujarvi is still a high end prospect. It's a gamble, but one I'd be willing to make. The Oilers aren't giving up Bouchard or Broberg in a trade for Athanasiou, and there aren't really any other prospects I'd be all that interested in. I'd prefer to trade Athanasiou straight up for their first round pick, but I doubt Holland would do that...

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'd trade Athanasiou for Puljujarvi and a 3rd. Puljujarvi is still a high end prospect. It's a gamble, but one I'd be willing to make. The Oilers aren't giving up Bouchard or Broberg in a trade for Athanasiou, and there aren't really any other prospects I'd be all that interested in. I'd prefer to trade Athanasiou straight up for their first round pick, but I doubt Holland would do that...

Keeping AA would also be a risk, which is why I like the trade, assuming it isn't one-for-one. Definitely seems to be the type of trade that could work wonders for both teams. 

8 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

For puljujarvi and a 5th? f*** that ... that guys a moron everyday he keeps bringing up athanasiou but he and every oilers fan want to land him without trading a 1st,2nd or a top prospect ya goodluck with that

The kid is a very recent 4th overall pick. Honestly what better are you gonna find than that with a second rounder? Teams aren't gonna give up a top prospect or first rounder for AA. Edmonton have been garbage for years at developing players. Fresh start for the kid and who knows what can happen. Certainly wouldn;t be any worse than AA.

48 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Still a high end prospect id take a risk on only because hes in edmonton and that franchise had been a disaster for god knows how long . Right now hes being projected by some people as a 3rd liner which we have in abundance, whatever it is edmonton are trying to get for puljujarvi no team is going to offer so why should we offer up AA? Holland would take that and run 

I know edm wont give us bouchard or broberg or a first round pick or even a 2nd it looks like and thats fine if they dont want to do it .Means they dont get AA , we’re not doing anyone favors ...if they wanna do a 2nd and some stipulation where it becomes a 1st but im not gonna do ken holland favors as bad as AA has been i still believe he can bounce back

42 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

The kid is a very recent 4th overall pick. Honestly what better are you gonna find than that with a second rounder? Teams aren't gonna give up a top prospect or first rounder for AA. Edmonton have been garbage for years at developing players. Fresh start for the kid and who knows what can happen. Certainly wouldn;t be any worse than AA.

He’s being projected as a 3rd liner now , we have a ton as is . That edm writer doesnt even want to trade a 2nd as well as a 1st basically want him for spare parts .... puljujarvi and lagesson i had seen . These people are on nice drugs 

Its fine if teams dont want to give up a 1st or a top prospect . We hang on to AA another year and gamble he’d bounce back . And if he gets back to 30g & 55-65 pts we’re getting that 1st + , i dont know why everyones in a rush it seems to deal him, there’s  a zero chance he comes back next year with a 10 goals and under season

31 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

He’s being projected as a 3rd liner now , we have a ton as is . That edm writer doesnt even want to trade a 2nd as well as a 1st basically want him for spare parts .... puljujarvi and lagesson i had seen . These people are on nice drugs 

Its fine if teams dont want to give up a 1st or a top prospect . We hang on to AA another year and gamble he’d bounce back . And if he gets back to 30g & 55-65 pts we’re getting that 1st + , i dont know why everyones in a rush it seems to deal him, there’s  a zero chance he comes back next year with a 10 goals and under season

You keep expecting AA to bounce back next year and be a 30 goal scorer again. Something he has done ONE TIME. What if he stays in Detroit, and has yet another season like this one? Just as likely of a scenario. Then you'd get nothing for him. Puljujarvi has value, despite what you think. Kid still has tremendous upside at only 21 years of age. Not to mention he is the right handed shot on the wing that so many covet. Also a great combination of size and speed, whose development was botched by the Oilers. 

I've been discussing the idea of an AA/Puljujarvi trade for a while now. My initial post was merely a joke at how others in sports media are starting to report it as a possibility. You're getting caught up in a writers opinion of what the package might include for no reason at all. I also have no ******* clue where you hauled this 5th rounder from, as it is mentioned nowhere. My opinion is simply that a trade involving AA and Puljujarvi could be great for both teams. At no point do I or anyone else mention a 5th round pick. 

I say make a trade, let him play with Flip for the season. 

Edited by marcaractac

30 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

You keep expecting AA to bounce back next year and be a 30 goal scorer again. Something he has done ONE TIME. What if he stays in Detroit, and has yet another season like this one? Just as likely of a scenario. Then you'd get nothing for him. Puljujarvi has value, despite what you think. Kid still has tremendous upside at only 21 years of age. Not to mention he is the right handed shot on the wing that so many covet. Also a great combination of size and speed, whose development was botched by the Oilers. 

I've been discussing the idea of an AA/Puljujarvi trade for a while now. My initial post was merely a joke at how others in sports media are starting to report it as a possibility. You're getting caught up in a writers opinion of what the package might include for no reason at all. I also have no ******* clue where you hauled this 5th rounder from, as it is mentioned nowhere. My opinion is simply that a trade involving AA and Puljujarvi could be great for both teams. At no point do I or anyone else mention a 5th round pick. 

I say make a trade, let him play with Flip for the season. 

Even if he doesnt reach 30 there’s no way he’d get under 10 . What if he goes to edm where the likely scenario is he reaches 30+ By having either draisaitl or mcdavid by his side? People here will ***** especilaly If puljujarvi bombs 

Puljujarvi doesnt have the value you think he does or he’d be gone by now , nobody is offering up 1sts/2nds with top prospects , if we send AA holland will take it 100%. Got no problem making a move for Puljujarvi but i aint sending the only moveable asset that can land us a 1st, whether it be now or next year .

We cant get a deal done?Well too bad ... i guarantee you ken holland will be desperate next year cause that kid will play 100% again in finland next year rather than come back to edmonton and for players born in europe it wont be such a burden for the kid to play in his country with family and friends close by so kenny’s on the clock

The writer wrote 4th or higher , whats higher than 4th? Thats where i landed  my 5th ... that idiots been talking AA for days while wanting to give up nothing but scrubs with each proposal he makes

Anyways its all good , you’d do that  trade and i wouldnt . Im a gambling man and rather hang on  to AA and count on him bouncing back under a new head coach playing a top 6 role . We’ll see what happens 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

42 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Still a high end prospect id take a risk on only because hes in edmonton and that franchise had been a disaster for god knows how long . Right now hes being projected by some people as a 3rd liner which we have in abundance, whatever it is edmonton are trying to get for puljujarvi no team is going to offer so why should we offer up AA? Holland would take that and run 

Who is projecting him to be a 3rd liner? And based on what? Also, at this point, Athanasiou is a middle six winger as well. Puljujarvi is 4 years younger with plenty of room to grow. I'd *consider* that trade one-for-one, and I'd definitely do it if it included a pick in the top three rounds.

I'm not in any rush to trade Athanasiou, but like @marcaractac mentioned, Athanasiou's stock could just as easily plummet next season, as you seem so sure that it will rise. Also, a year from now, a prospect like Puljujarvi may be off the board, because he's finally established himself with another NHL team.

Anyone suggesting a trade of Athanasiou for Puljujarvi knows there's risk involved, but in my opinion, it's worth the risk. IF Puljujarvi can ever put it all together, he could be a very good top six winger for this team, for many years.

21 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Even if he doesnt reach 30 there’s no way he’d get under 10 . What if he goes to edm where the likely scenario is he reaches 30+ By having either draisaitl or mcdavid by his side? People here will ***** especilaly If puljujarvi bombs 

Puljujarvi doesnt have the value you think he does or he’d be gone by now , nobody is offering up 1sts/2nds with top prospects , if we send AA holland will take it 100%. Got no problem making a move for Puljujarvi but i aint sending the only moveable asset that can land us a 1st, whether it be now or next year .

We cant get a deal done?Well too bad ... i guarantee you ken holland will be desperate next year cause that kid will play 100% again in finland next year rather than come back to edmonton and for players born in europe it wont be such a burden for the kid to play in his country with family and friends close by so kenny’s on the clock

The writer wrote 4th or higher , whats higher than 4th? Thats where i landed  my 5th ... that idiots been talking AA for days while wanting to give up nothing but scrubs with each proposal he makes

Anyways its all good , you’d do that  trade and i wouldnt . Im a gambling man and rather hang on  to AA and count on him bouncing back under a new head coach playing a top 6 role . We’ll see what happens 

Once again, I brought up the tweet as a ******* joke that a trade proposal I brought up ages ago is making its rounds, and you're getting bent out of shape over the details of the trade he is making. Just because Puljujarvi hasn't commanded a package of top picks/prospects, it does not mean he does not have value. Teams just don't see any reason to trade their own high end prospect or first rounders for another high-end prospect with some risk involved. It's that simple. Whether you like it or not, Puljujarvi himself IS a high end prospect. Just one with some risk attached. 

A trade involving AA makes sense because it is clear AA is not considered a part of the core of this team. He's a 25 year old, one-dimensional player. While he may not be as bad as he is this year, he is also likely not as good as he was last year. Truth is, he is likely somewhere in the middle. He is a streaky, one-trick pony. He doesn't make his teammates better, and he sucks defensively. It's great when he is scoring, but when he doesn't, he brings literally nothing to the table. The guy does not play winning hockey. 

On a team like Edmonton where they are all in on offense, AA would fit right in. Hell, he'd probably score 40 goals a year on McDavid's wing. That's why this trade makes sense. Puljujarvi gets a fresh opportunity to live up to his potential, Edmonton gets a winger who can keep up with McDavid. There is risk involved for Detroit in such a trade. But the reward would be ******* huge, as Puljujarvi could be 3X the player AA will ever be. It's a risk worth taking, even if it were a one-for-one trade. 

You complain about the trade because AA is "the only player who can land us a first", while completely ignoring the fact that Puljujarvi is a fourth overall pick just 3 years ago.

Edited by marcaractac

14 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Who is projecting him to be a 3rd liner? And based on what? Also, at this point, Athanasiou is a middle six winger as well. Puljujarvi is 4 years younger with plenty of room to grow. I'd *consider* that trade one-for-one, and I'd definitely do it if it included a pick in the top three rounds.

I'm not in any rush to trade Athanasiou, but like @marcaractac mentioned, Athanasiou's stock could just as easily plummet next season, as you seem so sure that it will rise. Also, a year from now, a prospect like Puljujarvi may be off the board, because he's finally established himself with another NHL team.

Anyone suggesting a trade of Athanasiou for Puljujarvi knows there's risk involved, but in my opinion, it's worth the risk. IF Puljujarvi can ever put it all together, he could be a very good top six winger for this team, for many years.

I cant remember man it was a while back , could have been dreger, mckenzie etc ... i heard it on tv when talking about puljujarvi trade stuff and how his development hasnt gone the way people expected and how hes likely gonna be a 3rd liner now 

Well i know if AA went to edm id bet $ he bounces back, if Puljujarvi is on another team and available again a year from now id have zero interest at that point .

Its all good you guys would do it , i wouldnt ... i cant see edmonton getting a player who had 30 goals the year before with upside to rebound , right now it would probably be a similar prospect who hasnt exceeded expectations ... svechnikov + comes to mind off the bat but hes 2 years older so it wouldnt get it done 

anyways i wouldnt do this move now as puljujarvi cant play till next year so by keeping AA an extra 6-7 weeks id he gets it going and gets multiple goal games he might find himself close to 20 all of a sudden and his value higher than just a puljujarvi by draft weekend .... im in no hurry to deal him

7 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Once again, I brought up the tweet as a ******* joke that a trade proposal I brought up ages ago is making its rounds, and you're getting bent out of shape over the details of the trade he is making. Just because Puljujarvi hasn't commanded a package of top picks/prospects, it does not mean he does not have value. Teams just don't see any reason to trade their own high end prospect or first rounders for another high-end prospect with some risk involved. It's that simple. Whether you like it or not, Puljujarvi himself IS a high end prospect. Just one with some risk attached. 

A trade involving AA makes sense because it is clear AA is not considered a part of the core of this team. He's a 25 year old, one-dimensional player. While he may not be as bad as he is this year, he is also likely not as good as he was last year. Truth is, he is likely somewhere in the middle. He is a streaky, one-trick pony. He doesn't make his teammates better, and he sucks defensively. It's great when he is scoring, but when he doesn't, he brings literally nothing to the table. The guy does not play winning hockey. 

On a team like Edmonton where they are all in on offense, AA would fit right in. Hell, he'd probably score 40 goals a year on McDavid's wing. That's why this trade makes sense. Puljujarvi gets a fresh opportunity to live up to his potential, Edmonton gets a winger who can keep up with McDavid. There is risk involved for Detroit in such a trade. But the reward would be ******* huge, as Puljujarvi could be 3X the player AA will ever be. It's a risk worth taking, even if it were a one-for-one trade. 

You complain about the trade because AA is "the only player who can land us a first", while completely ignoring the fact that Puljujarvi is a fourth overall pick just 3 years ago.

Dude you can bring up anything you want from whatever you said 3 years ago ... im responding to it cause ive been seeing that guy go on for weeks about AA to edm . Nothing to do with you

We’d look like f***en morons if AA goes to edm and pops 40 and puljuarvi is on a 3rd line with filppula

Anyways a trade makes sense for you and you’d do a 1 for 1 deal . Thats cool,  i wouldnt do it . Thats it thats all

11 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Dude you can bring up anything you want from whatever you said 3 years ago ... im responding to it cause ive been seeing that guy go on for weeks about AA to edm . Nothing to do with you

We’d look like f***en morons if AA goes to edm and pops 40 and puljuarvi is on a 3rd line with filppula

Anyways a trade makes sense for you and you’d do a 1 for 1 deal . Thats cool,  i wouldnt do it . Thats it thats all

Who said anything about 3 years ago? You sure love talking out of your ass. I've been discussing this potential trade in THIS THREAD. 

And no, we would not look like morons. AA would never perform like that here. He'd do it in Edmonton because he'd play with McDavid and defense is an afterthought. The trade works for Edmonton is BECAUSE of the type of player he is. One who doesn;t back check. Guess who is known for being a good player on both ends of the ice? Puljujarvi. If he could be a 50 point winger who plays a defensively responsible game, we're a better team than with AA. Regardless of whether or not he is potting 40 goals in Edmonton. 

AA sucks now because the book is out on him. Teams aren't letting him cherry pick anymore and he is suffering because of it. 

Edited by marcaractac

5 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I cant remember man it was a while back , could have been dreger, mckenzie etc ... i heard it on tv when talking about puljujarvi trade stuff and how his development hasnt gone the way people expected and how hes likely gonna be a 3rd liner now 

I don't buy it. Puljujarvi a top player (just under a point per game) in Liiga. That translates to about 40 points in the NHL over 82 games. He's just 21 years old. Give him another couple years, and I think he could easily be a 50 point winger in the NHL.

11 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Well i know if AA went to edm id bet $ he bounces back, if Puljujarvi is on another team and available again a year from now id have zero interest at that point .

No one is arguing that Athanasiou wouldn't bounce back in Edmonton. But would he bounce back in Detroit? Probably not. I'm sure he could be a 30+ goal scorer again on McDavid's wing, but what does that have to do with this team?

Who said anything about Puljujarvi being available from another team a year from now?

AA is a 30 goal scorer, he's had a tough year, both on the ice and injury wise.  Prior year's have proven he is very dynamic and there's no reason not to believe, given the right situation (like maybe play with McDavid) that he won't be a 30 goal scorer again and again.  Puljujarvi or not, I'm getting either a 1st or a high prospect along with him.  Who's to say Pulj wouldn't give us the same problems playing here? I'd trade AA straight up and ask for Bouchard, if Holland wanted to deal more, I'd ask for a 3rd and thrown in Svech or Lindstrom. To me Pulj just seems like a problem child. He should be a throw in in any trade package just because of his uncertainty.  If Holland wants AA, then I am getting the value in return, because there may be more than one team asking about AA in a couple of weeks, I'm asking high and accepting the highest value....or I am just keeping him and letting him attempt to flourish under a new coaching staff and the possibility of  playing with whomever we get at 1,2,3 or 4...if we draft center.

22 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

He's just 21 years old. Give him another couple years, and I think he could easily be a 50 point winger in the NHL.

I just question whether he'd give us the same problems as he is giving Edmonton.  Is it just a money issue or is it the team? Maybe he wants to NOT play on a bottom team, that would eliminate us all together.

38 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

It doesn't matter where he was picked, it matters what he is and will develop in. The argument you and @krsmith17 make here is, that you basically say that Puljujarvi is worth athat 4th overall pick. But is he really? His record doesn't proof that at all. And if he has been "misdeveloped" (as if a players ability relies just on the development of the team) I'd rather take my chance with AA who probably isn't or trade AA for a pick from which we can develop ourself.

4 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

AA is a 30 goal scorer, he's had a tough year, both on the ice and injury wise.  Prior year's have proven he is very dynamic and there's no reason not to believe, given the right situation (like maybe play with McDavid) that he won't be a 30 goal scorer again and again.  Puljujarvi or not, I'm getting either a 1st or a high prospect along with him.  Who's to say Pulj wouldn't give us the same problems playing here? I'd trade AA straight up and ask for Bouchard, if Holland wanted to deal more, I'd ask for a 3rd and thrown in Svech or Lindstrom. To me Pulj just seems like a problem child. He should be a throw in in any trade package just because of his uncertainty.  If Holland wants AA, then I am getting the value in return, because there may be more than one team asking about AA in a couple of weeks, I'm asking high and accepting the highest value....or I am just keeping him and letting him attempt to flourish under a new coaching staff and the possibility of  playing with whomever we get at 1,2,3 or 4...if we draft center.

I just question whether he'd give us the same problems as he is giving Edmonton.  Is it just a money issue or is it the team? Maybe he wants to NOT play on a bottom team, that would eliminate us all together.

Puljujarvi IS a high end prospect. In what world will you get a first and Puljujarvi for AA? Holland would be insane to give up Bouchard for AA.  Jesus Christ you are way over valuing AA here. 

AA himself has proven to be a problem child here as well. The guy had one big season by cherry-picking. At 25 years old, it's proven he will never develop into the player we need to be, aka one who plays on both ends of the ice. If we can land a prospect like Puljujarvi for a player with no future here like AA, any sane GM would do it. Acquiring someone like Bouchard is a pipe dream. 

3 minutes ago, derblaueClaus said:

It doesn't matter where he was picked, it matters what he is and will develop in. The argument you and @krsmith17 make here is, that you basically say that Puljujarvi is worth athat 4th overall pick. But is he really? His record doesn't proof that at all. And if he has been "misdeveloped" (as if a players ability relies just on the development of the team) I'd rather take my chance with AA who probably isn't or trade AA for a pick from which we can develop ourself.

He was drafted at fourth overall for a reason. The kid is only 21 years old. Edmonton has always done nothing but throw their first overall picks into the NHL before they are ready. 

AA is what he is at this point. Those who think AA is worth a king's ransom are gonna be very disappointed. Let him go to Edmonton where he will thrive on a team that doesn't need to play defense. 

29 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Who said anything about 3 years ago? You sure love talking out of your ass. I've been discussing this potential trade in THIS THREAD. 

And no, we would not look like morons. AA would never perform like that here. He'd do it in Edmonton because he'd play with McDavid and defense is an afterthought. The trade works for Edmonton is BECAUSE of the type of player he is. One who doesn;t back check. Guess who is known for being a good player on both ends of the ice? Puljujarvi. If he could be a 50 point winger who plays a defensively responsible game, we're a better team than with AA. Regardless of whether or not he is potting 40 goals in Edmonton. 

AA sucks now because the book is out on him. Teams aren't letting him cherry pick anymore and he is suffering because of it. 

Sorry ... “ages ago” better now? f***en christ 

sure we wouldnt look like morons ... not many 3rd liners popping 50 pts , incase you havent noticed not too many players on this roster  who are gonna pop 50 a year 

Ya sure the book is out on him ,but it wont be in edm or elsewhere ? Dude incase you havent noticed alot of players numbers this year are way down on our roster this season its ridiculous to write off the guy for having one bad stretch this year where our coach has rotated him with the likes of glendening,helm, etc...

fact of the matter is you’d do this deal and you think it would be a great deal and worth the risk , good on ya thats your prerogative. I disagree with you and wouldnt do this trade . Fini

Larkin, Mantha, Zadina, Veleno, Bert, Moose, and potentially another high end F in the draft makes AA as expendable as a 3rd nipple.

Trading him for Pool Party makes perfect sense cuz ur trading a guy who is essentially a one dimensional, 3rd line winger at that point for another guy who is:

A. 4 years younger

B. Still has the potential to be a solid, 2 way, top 6 F.

C. Right handed

D. Will still be at worst a 3W anyway.

So basically, at worst, you're getting the same level of player back, but with the potential to be even better.

Seems like a no brainer to me.

Just now, nyqvististhefuture said:

Sorry ... “ages ago” better now? f***en christ 

sure we wouldnt look like morons ... not many 3rd liners popping 50 pts , incase you havent noticed not too many players on this roster  who are gonna pop 50 a year 

Ya sure the book is out on him ,but it wont be in edm or elsewhere ? Dude incase you havent noticed alot of players numbers this year are way down on our roster this season its ridiculous to write off the guy for having one bad stretch this year where our coach has rotated him with the likes of glendening,helm, etc...

fact of the matter is you’d do this deal and you think it would be a great deal and worth the risk , good on ya thats your prerogative. I disagree with you and wouldnt do this trade . Fini

It isn't the fact that AA isn't scoring. It's the fact that he brings literally nothing else to the table. Vanek put up lots of points his first season in Detroit. Guess what he fetched? A third rounder. Turns out one-dimensional wingers aren't worth much. Glendening is a more important part of this team than AA is.   

Just now, marcaractac said:

Puljujarvi IS a high end prospect. In what world will you get a first and Puljujarvi for AA? Holland would be insane to give up Bouchard for AA.  Jesus Christ you are way over valuing AA here. 

AA himself has proven to be a problem child here as well. The guy had one big season by cherry-picking. At 25 years old, it's proven he will never develop into the player we need to be, aka one who plays on both ends of the ice. If we can land a prospect like Puljujarvi for a player with no future here like AA, any sane GM would do it. Acquiring someone like Bouchard is a pipe dream. 

I urge you to watch AA's goals from last season, I am sure there is a video out there, a lot of his goals were NOT from Cherry Picking.  I am just saying, if Pulj is giving Edmonton a problem, who's to guarantee he won't be the same problem here? You know who else was a high-end prospect? Nail Yakupov. I am just saying that if Holland calls us, we should ask high, of course if Yzerman calls Holland asking to get Pulj, then Holland has the upper hand.

AA has a future here, once this inept coaching staff is gone, if he STILL doesn't perform, then I will agree with you. But I am just saying, AA can and probably will score 30+ goals in Edmonton (or Colorado lets say) and we should be compensated as such. Are you saying trades are never made on potential?

31 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I don't buy it. Puljujarvi a top player (just under a point per game) in Liiga. That translates to about 40 points in the NHL over 82 games. He's just 21 years old. Give him another couple years, and I think he could easily be a 50 point winger in the NHL.

No one is arguing that Athanasiou wouldn't bounce back in Edmonton. But would he bounce back in Detroit? Probably not. I'm sure he could be a 30+ goal scorer again on McDavid's wing, but what does that have to do with this team?

Who said anything about Puljujarvi being available from another team a year from now?

Maybe he will maybe he wont , i dont give a s*** about player pts in la liiga cause im sure you pop up names with just as good numbers or better who havent worked out in the nhl . I think he can play in the league just not sold on him being a top guy

Why wouldnt AA bounce back in detroit ? 2 seasons prior he was on pace for 22-25 goals , its not that big of a stretch to think he can get 25-30 playing top 2 lines with guys who have actual talent and being flip flipped with the the likes of helm,glendening etc... 

you said a year from now he might be off the board cause he might have established himself on another team ... i just said good on him and if he was available a year from now after being on another team id have zero interest . If hes dealt to another team and becomes a 3rd line guy good on him , i wont lose any sleep over not landing him

right now id hang on to AA going into next season and be more concerned with somehow ridding ourselves of some of the nielsens/helms/abdelkader/perlini etc...

2 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

It isn't the fact that AA isn't scoring. It's the fact that he brings literally nothing else to the table. Vanek put up lots of points his first season in Detroit. Guess what he fetched? A third rounder. Turns out one-dimensional wingers aren't worth much. Glendening is a more important part of this team than AA is.   

This i agree with, and I do see your point.  Again, I am just saying, if Holland is in pursuit of, or hopefully in a bidding war for, AA, we should aim high. At least a draft pick along with Pulj.