• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Trade deadline bait available this year?

Rate this topic

https://www.tsn.ca/trade-bait-eyes-on-montreal-canadiens-as-nhl-trade-deadline-day-nears-1.1430732

not even mike green is on the top 20 trade bait over guys like hainsey and AA is there at #9 and we shouldnt even consider trading him unless we get a 1st+ which likely wont happen

surprised to see carolina’s 1st in play , assumed they’d be going for a forward but now with hamilton out im not too sure what they’d be looking for , unfortunately doubt we’ll be doing much of anything 

15 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

https://www.tsn.ca/trade-bait-eyes-on-montreal-canadiens-as-nhl-trade-deadline-day-nears-1.1430732

not even mike green is on the top 20 trade bait over guys like hainsey and AA is there at #9 and we shouldnt even consider trading him unless we get a 1st+ which likely wont happen

surprised to see carolina’s 1st in play , assumed they’d be going for a forward but now with hamilton out im not too sure what they’d be looking for , unfortunately doubt we’ll be doing much of anything 

I agree that there's not a need to move AA until his trade value rebounds, but even at his peak he's not fetching a 1st+.  So might wanna temper your expectations a bit.

8 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I agree that there's not a need to move AA until his trade value rebounds, but even at his peak he's not fetching a 1st+.  So might wanna temper your expectations a bit.

You're probably right. But the Sens got Duclair and two decent 2nds for Dzingle. Who only reached 30 goals once in his career and has less career goals in more games played. So you never know. A late 1st might be in play if some desperate GM misses out on Kreider or something. Not to sound like a homer-slappy. 

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

You're probably right. But the Sens got Duclair and two decent 2nds for Dzingle. Who only reached 30 goals once in his career and has less career goals in more games played. So you never know. A late 1st might be in play if some desperate GM misses out on Kreider or something. Not to sound like a homer-slappy. 

I definitely don't think he's getting us anything like that at this year's deadline.  Maybe if he finishes strong this year, and is looking solid next year he might be in the 1st+ range.  But not given his current production.  Dzingel got a good return because he looked like he was trending up.  He scored 18, 23, and then 22 (before February's deadline).  So it definitely seemed like he was going in the right direction.  AA is trending down right now.  If he doesn't go on a tear the rest of the season and top 20 (at least) then it's going to look like that 30 goal season was a fluke and bye bye trade value.

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

How so? If he gets back to 30 goal status and hits 60 i think we sure as hell can demand that for him, hes 26 and the wings arent a great team now . If he goes to a stacked team there’s no doubt he wont succeed , cant imagine him with malkin or crosby for instance and not hitting 30 and being successful there. We suppose to trade him for a 2nd? Thats likely what we can get no and i have zero interest in trading AA for a 57th pick

Have you seen some of the deals made the last few years ?Not saying he gets a 1st now which is why id hold on to him but if he rebounds and gets back on track i have no doubt hed fetch us a good return

Just read your above post , thought you meant he would never fetch us a 1st even if he bounced back next year . Mon bad 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

11 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

How so? If he gets back to 30 goal status and hits 60 i think we sure as hell can demand that for him, hes 26 and the wings arent a great team now . If he goes to a stacked team there’s no doubt he wont succeed , cant imagine him with malkin or crosby for instance and not hitting 30 and being successful there. We suppose to trade him for a 2nd? Thats likely what we can get no and i have zero interest in trading AA for a 57th pick

Have you seen some of the deals made the last few years ?Not saying he gets a 1st now which is why id hold on to him but if he rebounds and gets back on track i have no doubt hed fetch us a good return

Just read your above post , thought you meant he would never fetch us a 1st even if he bounced back next year . Mon bad 

My point was not that it's impossible, but that's it's probably a long shot.  AA has never scored 30 goals AND 60 points.  Plus, he's just so bad at every other facet of the game that he's not going to be an attractive option for some contender's top six.  So I don't see them giving up that price.  If I were Yzerman my two options for AA would be 1) hockey trade in the offseason for someone like DeAngelo or Dumba, or 2) sign him long term at like 4.5-5 million a year and pencil him onto our 3rd line permanently.  Either has value.

21 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

My point was not that it's impossible, but that's it's probably a long shot.  AA has never scored 30 goals AND 60 points.  Plus, he's just so bad at every other facet of the game that he's not going to be an attractive option for some contender's top six.  So I don't see them giving up that price.  If I were Yzerman my two options for AA would be 1) hockey trade in the offseason for someone like DeAngelo or Dumba, or 2) sign him long term at like 4.5-5 million a year and pencil him onto our 3rd line permanently.  Either has value.

Remember last season when some of us were saying to trade AA while his value was its highest? And some of us were calling AA a 3rd line winger, not a 2C? And he wouldn't maintain those numbers? And remember how many in here were up in arms about it? Yeah, good times.

2 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Remember last season when some of us were saying to trade AA while his value was its highest? And some of us were calling AA a 3rd line winger, not a 2C? And he wouldn't maintain those numbers? And remember how many in here were up in arms about it? Yeah, good times.

I don't think it's a guarantee that he should get traded. After the season he's had, his bargaining power is going to be pretty low, and he's an RFA to boot.  If you can lock up a guy with his skillset to a reasonable long term deal, and get 20+ goals a season from him, then he's got a TON of value to your team.  I also don't think he would have fetched a 1st last year at the deadline either, considering he didn't get to 30 without a pretty significant late season surge. 

But generally I agree, his value was higher a year ago.

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

Well he got 30 last year and i think he can bounce back , think most ppl are overlooking how pretty much everyone on this team is having an awful season stats wise and AA has had problems under blashill for years .I do think he’d play better with another coach or team + hes been flopped around the lineup this year playing with 4th line talent for the most part

isnt deangelo awful in his own zone ? Dumba is 25-26? Id rather try and target someone 22 and under to grow up with our next wave of kids or a top pick + .If he doesnt bounce back last thing we need is a 4.5 guy signed longterm on a 3rd line getting 30 pts

Id go for option 3 , sign him to a one or two year deal ... id try and sign him for 2 and hope he goes on pace for 30+ again and deal him at the deadline , he’d still be only 26 and would have more value with that extra year on his deal and good cap number  

3 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I don't think it's a guarantee that he should get traded. After the season he's had, his bargaining power is going to be pretty low, and he's an RFA to boot.  If you can lock up a guy with his skillset to a reasonable long term deal, and get 20+ goals a season from him, then he's got a TON of value to your team.  I also don't think he would have fetched a 1st last year at the deadline either, considering he didn't get to 30 without a pretty significant late season surge. 

But generally I agree, his value was higher a year ago.

He will blame his bad year on how he was used and drag his feet in negotiations. He's done it before and his agent is famous for his players holding out. Yzerman will handle it like he did with Drouin. Too bad he isn't french.

1 hour ago, marcaractac said:

He will blame his bad year on how he was used and drag his feet in negotiations. He's done it before and his agent is famous for his players holding out. Yzerman will handle it like he did with Drouin. Too bad he isn't french.

Maybe, or maybe Ferris realizes that his client is an RFA, the "I'll hold out and play in Europe card" clearly isn't phasing GMs anymore (see: Puljujarvi, Jesse), and that in the past Yzerman has balked at trade players' requests (see: Drouin, Jonathan) and then either A) go to arbitration where AA's miserable season ain't going to get the kid paid, or B) take the middling money on the long term and look to get traded at a later date.  The only time holding out works is when you're coming off a solid season and your team needs you.  If you suck, and your team isn't going to be good anyway, they have no reason to cave.  Again, just look at Puljujarvi.  You think AA wants to make bulls*** money in Switzerland or make 4.5 million in Detroit?  I know what I would do. 

Doesnt look like the bruins will be giving up a first to get rid of one year of backes , just out of curiosity is it even worth us considering a kyle turris option? Hes got 4 years left at 6 , is it even worth considering if we got a 1st and 2nd with turris?(nashville have 2 2nds)  and maybe we flip a 3rd back?

normally i wouldnt even consider this as an option but then i remember turris and mantha had success together for team canada so i wonder if he’d be able to bounce back + more importantly the  picks . Sucks we dont really have much options at adding 1sts and 2nds 

thoughts? 

5 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Doesnt look like the bruins will be giving up a first to get rid of one year of backes , just out of curiosity is it even worth us considering a kyle turris option? Hes got 4 years left at 6 , is it even worth considering if we got a 1st and 2nd with turris?(nashville have 2 2nds)  and maybe we flip a 3rd back?

normally i wouldnt even consider this as an option but then i remember turris and mantha had success together for team canada so i wonder if he’d be able to bounce back + more importantly the  picks . Sucks we dont really have much options at adding 1sts and 2nds 

thoughts? 

I think you laughed at me this summer for considering taking that Turris contract.

9 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

thoughts? 

And be saddled with another Nielsen for the next four years at a pretty significant cap hit?  Nah, I think I'd rather not.  Turris' productive days are behind him, and after we draft a center this year we'll be loaded down the middle. 

34 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

And be saddled with another Nielsen for the next four years at a pretty significant cap hit?  Nah, I think I'd rather not.  Turris' productive days are behind him, and after we draft a center this year we'll be loaded down the middle. 

We’re not drafting your rossi! Lol and dont jinx us with lafraniere haha ... but yes i know deep down its a horrible idea to take on turris, its just a waste having all this cap space and not taking in a contract for a top pick (we blew it with the marleau trade last year) backes would have been perfect since he’s got one year left 

Cant think of anyone outside alzner but i think bergevin would offer a 3rd at best to get rid of him , habs have a ton of unused cap space anyways so they arent desperate 

12 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Maybe, or maybe Ferris realizes that his client is an RFA, the "I'll hold out and play in Europe card" clearly isn't phasing GMs anymore (see: Puljujarvi, Jesse), and that in the past Yzerman has balked at trade players' requests (see: Drouin, Jonathan) and then either A) go to arbitration where AA's miserable season ain't going to get the kid paid, or B) take the middling money on the long term and look to get traded at a later date.  The only time holding out works is when you're coming off a solid season and your team needs you.  If you suck, and your team isn't going to be good anyway, they have no reason to cave.  Again, just look at Puljujarvi.  You think AA wants to make bulls*** money in Switzerland or make 4.5 million in Detroit?  I know what I would do. 

I just think we're done seeing AA in Detroit beyond this season. It feels like the writing was on the wall for him for a while now.

1 hour ago, marcaractac said:

I just think we're done seeing AA in Detroit beyond this season. It feels like the writing was on the wall for him for a while now.

Yeah, I mean I got that feeling too.  Especially after Yzerman took over.  Doesn't really fit into the "compete" ethos.  But I also don't see the organization mismanaging him as an asset.  And right now he's got far less value than he might, at say, the draft.  I think they give him through the end of the season to rebound statistically.  But if he doesn't then they're in a pickle because you've got to trade him or re-sign him.  At that point, re-signing him might be the way to go because he'd be cheaper and HOPEFULLY he'll regain some of his offense next year so he can be traded then. 

Long story short, I agree that he doesn't seem in their long term plans.  But signing him to a 4-5 year deal at a good cap hit might help facilitate a trade down the line.

13 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

So this means that Yzerman should now trade him,  as if he wasn’t planning to?

And now won’t re-sign him, as if he was planning to?

Ryan Hana with the hot scoop. lol