• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Trade deadline bait available this year?

Rate this topic

17 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Its nice you stopped at 2 season stretch cause you know he won’t be here year 3 , now your learning ;)

The point was, the "stretches" keep getting longer and longer. Eventually it's no longer considered a fluke... Another 2 points again tonight.

18 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

its all nice you wanna jerk eachother off over 30 game sample but you realize next year zadina is here game 1 , we get lucky and fufill our destiny and land lafraniere thats another player  .... veleno and lafraniere go nuts together in camp and exhibition + rasmussen,AA wakes up  etc....

Fabbri  finds himself suddenly on the 3rd line , your deluding yourself if you think he’ll stay in the top 6 and keep up this production up but its fine man enjoy it while it lasts pretend hes a corner stone piece of the future for now 

Give it a rest with the "jerking each other off" bulls***. No one here is over hyping Fabbri, except for maybe CRL... I'm pretty sure most people see him as a very good middle six winger. He's just that. If he ends up on our 3rd line in a couple years, that's a very good thing. Not a bad thing, like you try to make it seem...

11 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

The point was, the "stretches" keep getting longer and longer. Eventually it's no longer considered a fluke... Another 2 points again tonight.

Give it a rest with the "jerking each other off" bulls***. No one here is over hyping Fabbri, except for maybe CRL... I'm pretty sure most people see him as a very good middle six winger. He's just that. If he ends up on our 3rd line in a couple years, that's a very good thing. Not a bad thing, like you try to make it seem...

Get to eventually first hey? Hes not even been here for 40 games , mantha + AA arent here hes taking advantage of top 6 minutes ... for now.... hey remember that guy AA who got 30 goals last year and 54 pts ? Ya how quickly things can change 

Oh please the way some of you talk at times , yourself included you’d think hes the next messiah Fabbri is a 3rd line guy who won’t be in the redwings longterm plans when things get going ... to steal a line from paul heyman ... its not a prediction its a spoiler 

Someone comes knocking at the deadline and offers up a 2nd+ we should send him packing asap

24 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

That's exactly where he should be. 3rd line. We got a good player for a waiver pick up. Why would anyone poo poo this?

1 minute ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Get to eventually first hey? Hes not even been here for 40 games , mantha + AA arent here hes taking advantage of top 6 minutes ... for now.... hey remember that guy AA who got 30 goals last year and 54 pts ? Ya how quickly things can change 

Oh please the way some of you talk at times , yourself included you’d think hes the next messiah Fabbri is a 3rd line guy who won’t be in the redwings longterm plans when things get going ... to steal a line from paul heyman ... its not a prediction its a spoiler 

Someone comes knocking at the deadline and offers up a 2nd+ we should send him packing asap

Yes, he is taking advantage of top six minutes? Key words there, "taking advantage".

Athanasiou and Fabbri are completely different players.

So middle six winger = "next messiah"?...  Got it. :rolleyes: What have I ever said that would make you think I'm in any way over hyping him?

Yeah, take your 2nd round pick. Maybe we can draft another Berggren that MIGHT someday be as good as Fabbri...

7 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yes, he is taking advantage of top six minutes? Key words there, "taking advantage".

Athanasiou and Fabbri are completely different players.

So middle six winger = "next messiah"?...  Got it. :rolleyes: What have I ever said that would make you think I'm in any way over hyping him?

Yeah, take your 2nd round pick. Maybe we can draft another Berggren that MIGHT someday be as good as Fabbri...

You missed the other key words ... “for now” 

of course they’re completely different players , gotta keep your argument going in your favour ... point is s*** changes quick man. He can go in the 3rd line next season end up with 28 pts . We got idiots on twitter wanting to sign him for like 5 x 2 . I know its been a s*** year to be a redwing fan but ppl need to calm the f*** down 

What would you have said?  The comment about berggren is another great example ... berggren is projected to be a top 6 guy if he can stay healthy , if Berggren is as good as fabbri as you put it that would be a big disappointment 

Anyways we’ve discussed this plenty of times in the past and im not gonna rehash this crap for another 5 pages again. You know how i feel , i know how you feel . We’ll talk next year 

12 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

That's better than doing it alone Rosey.

Ya if your into dudes joseph

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I think we should start a thread on day two of the draft specifically dedicated to that 4th round pick we traded away. We all say who we want with that pick, and revisit the thread in 3-5 years to see if any of us would have hit on our pick... 

Kaski sucks. 

I like Regula too. I thought he could be a real candidate for our 3rd pair on the right side. If he does make it, he probably won't slot higher than that though. And those guys can be found any year via free agency...

This team will be STACKED on the right side

Seider

Hronek

Drysdale

Regula was expendable. And a good GM doesn't hoard. Christ you guys all sound like Holland. 

6 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

You missed the other key words ... “for now” 

of course they’re completely different players , gotta keep your argument going in your favour ... point is s*** changes quick man. He can go in the 3rd line next season end up with 28 pts . We got idiots on twitter wanting to sign him for like 5 x 2 . I know its been a s*** year to be a redwing fan but ppl need to calm the f*** down 

What would you have said?  The comment about berggren is another great example ... berggren is projected to be a top 6 guy if he can stay healthy , if Berggren is as good as fabbri as you put it that would be a big disappointment 

Anyways we’ve discussed this plenty of times in the past and im not gonna rehash this crap for another 5 pages again. You know how i feel , i know how you feel . We’ll talk next year

"S*** changes quick"? Not quick enough for you apparently... Keep hoping Fabbri slows down, or gets injured, or goes to Europe, or whatever... It's a good look.

Realistically, Berggren is projected to be a middle six winger, in the exact mold of a Fabbri (or Nyquist). Like most 2nd round picks (and later), he might not ever even make the NHL...

9 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

"S*** changes quick"? Not quick enough for you apparently... Keep hoping Fabbri slows down, or gets injured, or goes to Europe, or whatever... It's a good look.

Realistically, Berggren is projected to be a middle six winger, in the exact mold of a Fabbri (or Nyquist). Like most 2nd round picks (and later), he might not ever even make the NHL...

Not hoping just being realistic , its the sane look

He’s projected to be a top 6 guy in the mold of arvidsson. He’s basically a late 1st , but YES we all get it by now , anything outside of the 1st round might never make it in the league so we might As well trade them for players with nhl experience cause games played in the nhl vs a player who might never make it = winning every trade 

anyways 

22 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

This team will be STACKED on the right side

Seider

Hronek

Drysdale

Regula was expendable. And a good GM doesn't hoard. Christ you guys all sound like Holland. 

Need to cross out drysdale  

Just cause a piece is expendable doesnt mean we just trade them , hey if we do land drysdale we might as well trade tuomisto for another failed 1st by your logic 

7 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

YES we all get it by now , anything outside of the 1st round might never make it in the league so we might As well trade them for players with nhl experience cause games played in the nhl vs a player who might never make it = winning every trade  

Literally no one has ever said anything remotely close to this...

10 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Just cause a piece is expendable doesnt mean we just trade them

Umm that's exactly what expendable means...

Here we go with the extremism... "Well why don't we just trade every single right-handed defensemen in the organization then?"...

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Literally no one has ever said anything remotely close to this...

Umm that's exactly what expendable means...

Here we go with the extremism... "Well why don't we just trade every single right-handed defensemen in the organization then?"...

Dude , you and your buddies went on stupid rants about erne = nhl games vs 4th pick who might never make it = us winning the deal , same with regula and whatever other nonse you guys spewed ... i was just following Your logic

Just cause a player is “expandable” as you put it doesnt mean we trade that piece for some reject , last i checked tuomisto isnt a sure thing, drysdale isnt a wing and dmen in our pipeline is still a questionmark ... you know whos expendable? I wont say it but you know who lol

anyways this was fun

6 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Dude , you and your buddies went on stupid rants about erne = nhl games vs 4th pick who might never make it = us winning the deal , same with regula and whatever other nonse you guys spewed ... i was just following Your logic

Just cause a player is “expandable” as you put it doesnt mean we trade that piece for some reject , last i checked tuomisto isnt a sure thing, drysdale isnt a wing and dmen in our pipeline is still a questionmark ... you know whos expendable? I wont say it but you know who lol

anyways this was fun

You always take everything anyone says that disagrees with you, way out of context. I say trading a "late round pick for an NHL player" is a smart move. You say, "WeLl LeT's JuSt TrAdE aNyThInG oUtSiDe ThE 1St RoUnD..." No, I would not trade a 2nd round pick for a bottom six forward. Yes, I would trade a 4th round pick (or later) for a bottom six forward.

Yzerman obviously thought highly of Erne, and if he were the same player he was in Tampa, it would have been a good trade. Unfortunately, it hasn't worked out. Maybe he was wrong. Maybe he wasn't, and our team is just that bad, that no one looks good.

There's about a 5% chance that a 4th round pick becomes an NHL player. Even less that it becomes an impact player. I'm sure you like those odds over Erne specifically, because he's been bad. Do you like those odds over any bottom six winger? I'm sure you would trade Helm for a 4th round pick now. That would be a reasonable trade at this point in his career. But would you have traded Helm for a 4th round pick 10 years ago? That would have been a bad trade. It's not a stretch to say Erne could have been, or maybe still could be a similar impact player as Helm in his prime, who was one of the better bottom six players in the league (when healthy).

Same goes for Perlini. He could have just as easily been a very good middle six winger, and if he had worked out like Fabbri, no one would be saying s***. He was never given the same opportunity, and thus hasn't worked out. I still think he could have a Ryan / Dylan Strome resurgence in the right situation. All the tools are there. It just seems to be mental with him. It's not going to happen with Blashill, but maybe under a different coach, or with a different team. Yzerman should re-sign him for one year at $800K, and see what he can do next season under (likely) a different coach.

As for Regula, obviously I would prefer to still have him in the organization, but he's no huge loss at this point, and likely won't ever be.

49 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

You always take everything anyone says that disagrees with you, way out of context. I say trading a "late round pick for an NHL player" is a smart move. You say, "WeLl LeT's JuSt TrAdE aNyThInG oUtSiDe ThE 1St RoUnD..." No, I would not trade a 2nd round pick for a bottom six forward. Yes, I would trade a 4th round pick (or later) for a bottom six forward.

Yzerman obviously thought highly of Erne, and if he were the same player he was in Tampa, it would have been a good trade. Unfortunately, it hasn't worked out. Maybe he was wrong. Maybe he wasn't, and our team is just that bad, that no one looks good.

There's about a 5% chance that a 4th round pick becomes an NHL player. Even less that it becomes an impact player. I'm sure you like those odds over Erne specifically, because he's been bad. Do you like those odds over any bottom six winger? I'm sure you would trade Helm for a 4th round pick now. That would be a reasonable trade at this point in his career. But would you have traded Helm for a 4th round pick 10 years ago? That would have been a bad trade. It's not a stretch to say Erne could have been, or maybe still could be a similar impact player as Helm in his prime, who was one of the better bottom six players in the league (when healthy).

Same goes for Perlini. He could have just as easily been a very good middle six winger, and if he had worked out like Fabbri, no one would be saying s***. He was never given the same opportunity, and thus hasn't worked out. I still think he could have a Ryan / Dylan Strome resurgence in the right situation. All the tools are there. It just seems to be mental with him. It's not going to happen with Blashill, but maybe under a different coach, or with a different team. Yzerman should re-sign him for one year at $800K, and see what he can do next season under (likely) a different coach.

As for Regula, obviously I would prefer to still have him in the organization, but he's no huge loss at this point, and likely won't ever be.

Point is we might as well trade any draft pick for any player with nhl games to his resume , 2nd rounder for a 2nd line guy etc.. wtf is the point of even drafting according to your logic 

Im sure you like those odds over erne specifically cause hes been bad? Dont rewrite s*** dude i said i didnt like the trade from day 1 ,i wasnt all in and changed my mind 15-20 games later we have way more than enough bottom line guys on this team as it is , if you cant understand that we need as many draft picks as possible to hopefully land a few good players and not waste on a useless position we dont need help on i dont know what to tell you

cant even compare helm to erne , helm was one of better bottom line guys in the league when he started off and was way more impactful than erne was at 24

yes same for perlini easily could have (cause you say so) i look forward to his resurgence in the swiss league 

anyways we disagree , what else is new .... im done rehashing the same old s*** over and over 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

3 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Point is we might as well trade any draft pick for any player with nhl games to his resume , 2nd rounder for a 2nd line guy etc.. wtf is the point of even drafting according to your logic 

Im sure you like those odds over erne specifically cause hes been bad? Dont rewrite s*** dude i said i didnt like the trade from day 1 ,i wasnt all in and changed my mind 15-20 games later we have way more than enough bottom line guys on this team as it is , if you cant understand that we need as many draft picks as possible to hopefully land a few good players and not waste on a useless position we dont need help on i dont know what to tell you

cant even compare helm to erne , helm was one of better bottom line guys in the league when he started off and was way more impactful than erne was by 24

yes same for perlini easily could have (cause you say so) i look forward to his resurgence in the swiss league 

anyways we disagree , what else is new .... im done rehashing the same old s*** over and over 

No where did I ever say we should trade away top picks... but yes, if we could get a 2nd line center for a 2nd round pick, you do it. Anyone (except you) would, because picks are everything, picks are life...

I said you like those odds, as in you like the 4th round pick over Erne. Comprehension is hard...

We need as many top 2-3 round picks as possible to land quality players. Does that mean I want to trade all of our picks from rounds 4-7? No, but I have no problem trading one for a project player. Anyone that thinks those picks are going to make a significant difference in a rebuild are f***ing delusional.

Helm wasn't one of the better bottom six players as soon as he entered the league. It took a few years...

Adam Erne (age 23) - 20 points in 65 games

Darren Helm (age 23) - 24 points in 75 games

You absolutely can compare those two players. Erne is also very good defensively. The points aren't there this year, but put him back on a contending team, and he's a solid defensively responsible winger, capable of 25+ points a season.

25 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

No where did I ever say we should trade away top picks... but yes, if we could get a 2nd line center for a 2nd round pick, you do it. Anyone (except you) would, because picks are everything, picks are life...

I said you like those odds, as in you like the 4th round pick over Erne. Comprehension is hard...

We need as many top 2-3 round picks as possible to land quality players. Does that mean I want to trade all of our picks from rounds 4-7? No, but I have no problem trading one for a project player. Anyone that thinks those picks are going to make a significant difference in a rebuild are f***ing delusional.

Helm wasn't one of the better bottom six players as soon as he entered the league. It took a few years...

Adam Erne (age 23) - 20 points in 65 games

Darren Helm (age 23) - 24 points in 75 games

You absolutely can compare those two players. Erne is also very good defensively. The points aren't there this year, but put him back on a contending team, and he's a solid defensively responsible winger, capable of 25+ points a season.

Here we go again

Picks are everything picks are life ...  nice one  ... keep trading your 2nds for teams second line guys teams no longer want and ***** 10 yrs later why its 14 years we havent made the playoffs , we’re a rebuilding franchise and we need as many picks as possible to strike gold you cant understand that its not my f***en problem

comprehension is fine, yours isnt .... your the one whos f***en delusional if we had your logic back then we might never had those cups cause we wouldnt of had datsyuk,fedorov etc...The star players arent always picked round 1 and we need as many cracks as possible with us being a rebuilding franchise 

nice try erne was 23-24 when he got those 20 pts and helm already got 20 and 33 pt seasons and more importantly 50+ playoff games and a stanley cup , just better player ... not even close

anyways like i said we disagree on everything and wont change eachothers minds ;) no intentions of going at this nonsense for 5-7 pages like you and your buddy always do

later

4 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Here we go again

Picks are everything picks are life ...  nice one  ... keep trading your 2nds for teams second line guys teams no longer want and ***** 10 yrs later why its 14 years we havent made the playoffs , we’re a rebuilding franchise and we need as many picks as possible to strike gold you cant understand that its not my f***en problem

comprehension is fine, yours isnt .... your the one whos f***en delusional if we had your logic back then we might never had those cups cause we wouldnt of had datsyuk,fedorov etc...The star players arent always picked round 1 and we need as many cracks as possible with us being a rebuilding franchise 

nice try erne was 23-24 when he got those 20 pts and helm already got 20 and 33 pt seasons and more importantly 50+ playoff games and a stanley cup , just better player ... not even close

anyways like i said we disagree on everything and wont change eachothers minds ;) no intentions of going at this nonsense for 5-7 pages like you and your buddy always do

later

It's actually crazy how much you try to spin everything I say. What's wrong with my comprehension? You're the one misconstruing everything...

Those kinds of players were available in the later rounds 20 years ago. They wouldn't be today. For every 50 of those high end players that dropped beyond the 3rd round in the late 90's, early 2000's, maybe one or two of them would drop that far today. Scouting is just that much better these days. It's extremely rare to find impact players in the later rounds. Does it still happen? Sure, but not often enough to get this bent out of shape over trading one 4th round pick...

"Nice try"... Erne was 23 the entire year last season, in which he put up 20 points in 65 games (25 point pace). Helm was 23 for all but three months of the season he put up 24 points in 75 games (26 point pace). "50+ playoff games"? What is wrong with you? He had 18 playoff games under his belt by the age of 23. But yeah, Erne only played 3 playoff games, so that obviously means that he isn't as good a player... :sigh:

39 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

It's actually crazy how much you try to spin everything I say. What's wrong with my comprehension? You're the one misconstruing everything...

Those kinds of players were available in the later rounds 20 years ago. They wouldn't be today. For every 50 of those high end players that dropped beyond the 3rd round in the late 90's, early 2000's, maybe one or two of them would drop that far today. Scouting is just that much better these days. It's extremely rare to find impact players in the later rounds. Does it still happen? Sure, but not often enough to get this bent out of shape over trading one 4th round pick...

"Nice try"... Erne was 23 the entire year last season, in which he put up 20 points in 65 games (25 point pace). Helm was 23 for all but three months of the season he put up 24 points in 75 games (26 point pace). "50+ playoff games"? What is wrong with you? He had 18 playoff games under his belt by the age of 23. But yeah, Erne only played 3 playoff games, so that obviously means that he isn't as good a player... :sigh:

Yes whatever you say 

Erne born april 20 1995 ...that would make him 23/24 last season when he got his 20 pts ..... darren helm born jan 21 1987 that would make him 22/23 the season he got 24 pts and 23/24 the season he got 32pts And actually 60+ playoff games to his belt and a cup ring but ya “nice try” yourself . Give it up on erne , no one gives a s*** about him

done with this crap

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Yes whatever you say 

Erne born april 20 1995 ...that would make him 23/24 last season when he got his 20 pts ..... darren helm born jan 21 1987 that would make him 22/23 the season he got 24 pts and 23/24 the season he got 32pts And actually 60+ playoff games to his belt and a cup ring but ya “nice try” yourself . Give it up on erne , no one gives a s*** about him

When does the regular season start and end, genius? I'll say it again, Erne was 23 the entire season last year, and Helm was 23 for all but three months of that season... Everything you're saying (as per usual) is wrong.

So comprehension and math... He did not have anywhere close to "60+ playoff games"... 

I don't give a s*** about Erne either. He's been bad. Not a single person is disputing that. But don't sit there and act like you knew he was going to be bad. You knew Erne was going to be bad, just as well as you knew Fabbri was going to be bad. (you didn't).

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

done with this crap

I sure hope so...

53 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

When does the regular season start and end, genius? I'll say it again, Erne was 23 the entire season last year, and Helm was 23 for all but three months of that season... Everything you're saying (as per usual) is wrong.

So comprehension and math... He did not have anywhere close to "60+ playoff games"... 

I don't give a s*** about Erne either. He's been bad. Not a single person is disputing that. But don't sit there and act like you knew he was going to be bad. You knew Erne was going to be bad, just as well as you knew Fabbri was going to be bad. (you didn't).

I sure hope so...

Genious lmao i think you need to relearn your math instead of making up bulls*** to try and make yourself right 

Erne born april 95

2018-2019 20 pt season ... was 23 when the season started and 24 when it ended 

helm born jan 87

2009-2010 season 24 pt season ... 22 when season started , 23 when it ended 

2010-2011 season 32 pt season ... 23 when season started, 24 when it ended 

same age as erne when he got his 20 pts , dont give me bulls*** about them being 4 months apart when they both turned 24 helm had two full seasons in and erne one 

2007-2008 helm played 18 playoff games 

2008-2009 helm played 23 playoff games 

2009-2010 helm played 12 playoff games 

2010-2011 helm played 11 playoff games 

grand total of 64 playoff games by the time he turned 24 + 2 full seasons under his belt same timeline as when erne  got 20 pts ... Um ya helm wasnt way ahead of him at the same time

save your bs for someone else who’ll buy what your selling

22 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Genious lmao i think you need to relearn your math instead of making up bulls*** to try and make yourself right 

Erne born april 95

2018-2019 20 pt season ... was 23 when the season started and 24 when it ended 

helm born jan 87

2009-2010 season 24 pt season ... 22 when season started , 23 when it ended 

2010-2011 season 32 pt season ... 23 when season started, 24 when it ended 

same age as erne when he got his 20 pts , dont give me bulls*** about them being 4 months apart when they both turned 24 helm had two full seasons in and erne one 

2007-2008 helm played 18 playoff games 

2008-2009 helm played 23 playoff games 

2009-2010 helm played 12 playoff games 

2010-2011 helm played 11 playoff games 

grand total of 64 playoff games by the time he turned 24 + 2 full seasons under his belt same timeline as when erne  got 20 pts ... Um ya helm wasnt way ahead of him at the same time

save your bs for someone else who’ll buy what your selling

How can you say Erne was 23/24 last season when he didn't play a single game at the age of 24? He was 23 for the entire season!!!

I f***ed up the playoff games. Was looking at the wrong column. But you're still f***ing up the playoff games. He played 53 games, not the 18 I originally said, or the 64 you're saying now.

Anyway, the stats are irrelevant. You didn't know Erne was going to be a complete bust. And if he had played at his 25 point pace, or slightly better, like he's shown he's capable of, he wouldn't have been considered a complete bust.

15 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

How can you say Erne was 23/24 last season when he didn't play a single game at the age of 24? He was 23 for the entire season!!!

I f***ed up the playoff games. Was looking at the wrong column. But you're still f***ing up the playoff games. He played 53 games, not the 18 I originally said, or the 64 you're saying now.

Anyway, the stats are irrelevant. You didn't know Erne was going to be a complete bust. And if he had played at his 25 point pace, or slightly better, like he's shown he's capable of, he wouldn't have been considered a complete bust.

Lmao oh god

ciao

7 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

There's about a 5% chance that a 4th round pick becomes an NHL player. Even less that it becomes an impact player.

Yeah, but if you trade 20 of our players for 20 2nd round picks; there's a 100% chance we get 1 NHL player out of it. Get it now?