• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Trade deadline bait available this year?

Rate this topic

50 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:
Welcome to beautiful Detroit David, that's a lovely high round pick you brought with you

Is there any chance we could get a 1st round pick out of that deal? I mean, Carolina got a 1st for Marleau, and he only had this season left on his contract, compared to Backes still having a season and a half left on his, at basically the same cap hit...

To DET: David Backes, 1st round pick

To BOS: Ryan Kuffner

45 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Is there any chance we could get a 1st round pick out of that deal? I mean, Carolina got a 1st for Marleau, and he only had this season left on his contract, compared to Backes still having a season and a half left on his, at basically the same cap hit...

This should get it done, also Backes gets a new lease on life... he's a lock in our top 9, more than likely our top 6... and who knows he might be a trade chip for us a year from now.

5 minutes ago, mackel said:

This should get it done, also Backes gets a new lease on life... he's a lock in our top 9, more than likely our top 6... and who knows he might be a trade chip for us a year from now.

I think top 6 is unrealistic. 3rd line RW sounds about right. Although Manthas injury may change that.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

It would be amazing but i highly doubt it happens , leafs we’re desperate for cap room to fill up the team and resign marner . Bruins will either buy him out or im not too sure what the rules are when they try and send a player down and they refuse to go? Must be some way out of it for them

Best case scenario id say is we land a 2nd back or a 2nd + 3rd in another year , sadly i cant see us landing that first , we had our chance with the leafs marleau deal and should have offered a 3rd or 4th back but we blew it

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

4 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

It would be amazing but i highly doubt it happens , leafs we’re desperate for cap room to fill up the team and resign marner . Bruins will either buy him out or im not too sure what the rules are when they try and send a player down and they refuse to go? Must be some way out of it for them

Best case scenario id say is we land a 2nd back or a 2nd + 3rd in another year , sadly i cant see us landing that first , we had our chance with the leafs marleau deal and should have offered a 3rd or 4th back but we blew it

I really want you to be wrong.

9 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I would have loved to see Yzerman pull off that Marleau trade too, but chances are, the Leafs weren't willing to trade their 1st round pick to a divisional rival.

As for Backes and the Bruins situation, they want to trade him prior to the deadline, so they can add a significant piece for a playoff run. They should be just as desperate to move Backes, as the Leafs were to move Marleau. They have no cap space, and I'm sure they will want to add, with every other team around them likely adding at the deadline.

You cannot buy a player out midseason, and waiving him, sending him down to Providence only saves them a hair over a $1M. Getting rid of that full $6M for this year, and next year, without having to use a buyout, should be well worth a 1st round pick to a team in their Cup window. This may be Chara's last season, and Bergeron and Marchand aren't getting any younger. They should be going for it now.

8 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I would have loved to see Yzerman pull off that Marleau trade too, but chances are, the Leafs weren't willing to trade their 1st round pick to a divisional rival.

As for Backes and the Bruins situation, they want to trade him prior to the deadline, so they can add a significant piece for a playoff run. They should be just as desperate to move Backes, as the Leafs were to move Marleau. They have no cap space, and I'm sure they will want to add, with every other team around them likely adding at the deadline.

You cannot buy a player out midseason, and waiving him, sending him down to Providence only saves them a hair over a $1M. Getting rid of that full $6M for this year, and next year, without having to use a buyout, should be well worth a 1st round pick to a team in their Cup window. This may be Chara's last season, and Bergeron and Marchand aren't getting any younger. They should be going for it now.

Canes sent the leafs i think a 6th? Which is why we should have offered the 4th or even 3rd rounder , whatever to get it done . I would have done what needed to be done to make it happen , for whatever reason we lost out to a team thats opposed to wasting $ . Oh well 

You might be wrong but i just dont see it + if they want to add a kreider or some significant piece theyll need that 1st to make it happen. I mean if push comes to shove and we can land 2 2nds id still do it in a heartbeat , anything to add 1sts/2nds id obviously prefer a 1st but i just dont see it

I meant for next season i know only now bruins can save 1 mill and im sure they’re being honourable to backes cause he’s a veteran and theres 30 games left but if hes still there and its game 1 and they say f*** off go to ahl and he refuses to go im sure they’d try and fight it to not get the number to count on the cap or something?Must be some rule if you demote a player and he refuses to go

Anyways hope your right but again i dont see it , theyll need that first to trade to get that player back , from what i read they have no interest in moving their top 3 prosects 

14 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Probably more like Backes + 1st for Fabbri or Athanasiou

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

36 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Image result for little girl meme

LOL Touche

I think we get a 2nd for taking the Backes deal. If you want a 1st, you have to sweeten the pot. And Ryan Kuffner doesn't sweeten jack shat. 

Conversely, I don't think AA or Fabbri get you much more than a 2nd in a trade. If you want to upgrade to a 1st? You'd have to take that Backes contract. 

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

LOL Touche

I think we get a 2nd for taking the Backes deal. If you want a 1st, you have to sweeten the pot. And Ryan Kuffner doesn't sweeten jack shat. 

Conversely, I don't think AA or Fabbri get you much more than a 2nd in a trade. If you want to upgrade to a 1st? You'd have to take that Backes contract. 

Agreed with this, except leave Fabbri out of it. The idea of AA for a 1st and Backes is actually awesome. Makes sense for Boston as well, as they free up cap space to fill any holes in their roster next season. 

58 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

THERE, there's the bias inherent in the system

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

THERE, there's the bias inherent in the system

Bias me arse.  I'm just saying what I think would have to go the other way to get a 1st from Boston. 

Here's you for forty days: Zadina suxxxxxxxx  

Here's me: Boston probs wants Fabbri because he has value

true story

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Bias me arse.  I'm just saying what I think would have to go the other way to get a 1st from Boston. 

true story

Boston probs doesn't want Zadina cause he doesn't have value :(

Just now, The 91 of Ryans said:

true story

Problem is, while Boston would jump all over that, Yzerman would be overpaying. Fabbri could net a late first on his own based on his performance this year. 

With AA, it's more of a fair trade. A dude who has potential, but needs a fresh start. Under team control. A slight risk for Boston, but it would be offset by the cap they free up going forward.  

6 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Problem is, while Boston would jump all over that, Yzerman would be overpaying. Fabbri could net a late first on his own based on his performance this year. 

With AA, it's more of a fair trade. A dude who has potential, but needs a fresh start. Under team control. A slight risk for Boston, but it would be offset by the cap they free up going forward.  

Yzerman won't overpay, I agree. 

8 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Boston probs doesn't want Zadina cause he doesn't have value :(

LOL

17 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

I think Backes + 1st for AA is even too much for us to pay honestly

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I think Backes + 1st for AA is even too much for us to pay honestly

At this point, I figure AA gets us a 2nd at best. Take on that Backes contract and poof. 1st. Either way, it's enough to get two GMs talking.

14 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

At this point, I figure AA gets us a 2nd at best. Take on that Backes contract and poof. 1st. Either way, it's enough to get two GMs talking.

Is it worth it though if boston wins the division and we get like 28-31th pick? Why cant we get goodies like the ottawa/san jose deal :( lol 

Much rather target a team like calgary who wont win the division,then root for them to fail 4 straight and get like 18th lol

Just now, nyqvististhefuture said:

Is it worth it though if boston wins the division and we get like 28-31th pick? Why cant we get goodies like the ottawa/san jose deal :( lol 

Much rather target a team like calgary who wont win the division,then root for them to fail 4 straight and get like 18th lol

I mean, it's just an example of a way to get a first rounder, in the end. Plus, Boston seems more vulnerable this season than last. Only reason they are first in their division is because of 12 loser points. 

18 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

I mean, it's just an example of a way to get a first rounder, in the end. Plus, Boston seems more vulnerable this season than last. Only reason they are first in their division is because of 12 loser points. 

Ya i guess , i do think tampa will win the division when its all said and done . Definerly anything outside of a top prospect or a 1st and we definetly hold on to the guy, if he goes back to 30 goals and gets 60-65 pts we’d fetch alot more than a 1st

1 minute ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Ya i guess , i do think tampa will win the division when its all said and done . Definerly anything outside of a top prospect or a 1st and we definetly hold on to the guy, if he goes back to 30 goals and gets 60-65 pts we’d fetch alot more than a 1st

Not necessarily. He's still a one-dimensional forward. Difference is he'd probably get us a 1st on his own. But it's not like taking on Backes costs anything outside of cash anyway, and we dont need the cap space next season. 

34 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Not necessarily. He's still a one-dimensional forward. Difference is he'd probably get us a 1st on his own. But it's not like taking on Backes costs anything outside of cash anyway, and we dont need the cap space next season. 

Well tatar got us a 1st,2nd,3rd and i wouldnt say hes some great back checker , if AA get those type of stats i mentioned all we need is 2-3-4 teams bidding for him and it becomes a 1st +2nd , 1st + prospect etc... so i dont think its far fetched scenario ... again if he rebounds 

As for backes id love that 1st but if they wanna target a kreider etc theyll need that 1st to dangle , if push comes to shove id gladly take a 2nd + 4th back or something like that for backes

rather get that than nothing , id love a first but its a long shot in my mind , im hoping we can somehow go from 2 to 4 second rounders somehow at this point ... lets take on some scrubs with another season tagged on and get some picks 

Just now, nyqvististhefuture said:

Well tatar got us a 1st,2nd,3rd and i wouldnt say hes some great back checker , if AA get those type of stats i mentioned all we need is 2-3-4 teams bidding for him and it becomes a 1st +2nd , 1st + prospect etc... so i dont think its far fetched scenario ... again if he rebounds 

As for backes id love that 1st but if they wanna target a kreider etc theyll need that 1st to dangle , if push comes to shove id gladly take a 2nd + 4th back or something like that for backes

rather get that than nothing , id love a first but its a long shot in my mind , im hoping we can somehow go from 2 to 4 second rounders somehow at this point ... lets take on some scrubs with another season tagged on and get some picks 

Tatar was consistent. A reliable top 6 winger who could reliably put up 50-60 points and only entering his prime.