• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Trade deadline bait available this year?

Rate this topic

15 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I sometimes forget that those expiring UFAs are even on the team. Normally I think of UFAs because they're going to be useful at the deadline, but not this year.  This year I'm more excited about the possibility of trading AA, Fabbri, Bernier, Bowey, or Helm.  They're the "have value" guys. The other losers are just treading water until they A) retire, or B) die.  Either way, I don't care about them. 

Management f***ed up by not benching Green a few years back leading up to the deadline. Went from all but guaranteed a first round pick to him getting hurt and not being traded. And now look at him...

Luckily Nielsen is approaching buyout affordability at this point. Literally just Abby that we're stuck with. Thankfully one bad contract does no damage. 

Franzen's deal is up this year too. Then it's one more year for Hank, and one more year for the Weiss buyout.

Edited by marcaractac

18 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Red Wings last two games: Allow only 4 goals (great by this team's standards)... Score 0 goals (terrible by any team's standards)...

Solution: scratch 2nd best offensive defenseman on the team. Plug in mediocre defensive prospect with zero offensive upside...

Has Hronek been scratched? 

On 2/4/2020 at 7:37 AM, nyqvististhefuture said:

Nice one douchebag ... second accurate thing ive said

I have a nephew who is a douchebag, so I'd appreciate it if you'd stop using that word. It is very offensive to me.

This stretch by Bernier should be exploited by Yzerman in a trade. He should be sent to any team needing a backup for whatever we can get for him. Remember all the "hopefully we can move Howard at TDL for something" talk this summer and earlier in the season? Welp, Howie has no value right now, and Bernier is in that boat now. Move him now while his numbers are good and unload that salary as well. This guy will NEVER be a legit #1 here or anywhere.

Then this summer we re-sign Howie to a 1x1 contract and sign a 30 year old Pavel Francouz to a 3x3.

Francouz
Howard
Pickard
Larsson
Fulcher

5 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

This stretch by Bernier should be exploited by Yzerman in a trade. He should be sent to any team needing a backup for whatever we can get for him. Remember all the "hopefully we can move Howard at TDL for something" talk this summer and earlier in the season? Welp, Howie has no value right now, and Bernier is in that boat now. Move him now while his numbers are good and unload that salary as well. This guy will NEVER be a legit #1 here or anywhere.

Then this summer we re-sign Howie to a 1x1 contract and sign a 30 year old Pavel Francouz to a 3x3.

Yeah, we really need to get rid of that huge Bernier contract. It's really crippling this team going forward... Trade him for whatever we can get... 4th round pick, do it... There's always that 4% chance we get a 4th line winger in the 4th round...

Why do people think Francouz is going to be available? He's not. There's no chance the Aves don't re-sign him. There's also little to no chance that anyone better than Bernier will be available in free agency, wanting to come to the worst team in the league... So next season we're left with Howard and Pickard... That should be another fun season...

8 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I have a nephew who is a douchebag, so I'd appreciate it if you'd stop using that word. It is very offensive to me.

Francouz
Howard
Pickard
Larsson
Fulcher

Bingo.  Also worth mentioning that The Athletic's recent ranking of Detroit's prospect pool has 4 goalies in the top 20. Specifically, they highlight Petruzzelli's bounce back season, Larsson's track record of success, and Eliasson making his World Junior roster (Gylander is the 4th). While it would be nice to have a top goaltending prospect we're not devoid of potential at that position either.

TBH goalie is probably be the LAST piece of the puzzle I'd try to find.  Use your draft picks and trade assets on filling out the rest of the team and use stop gaps (as you've mentioned above) in the mean time.  Then, when you're winning regular season games despite bad goaltending, you go out and find the best available goalie on the market. 

8 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, we really need to get rid of that huge Bernier contract. It's really crippling this team going forward... Trade him for whatever we can get... 4th round pick, do it... There's always that 4% chance we get a 4th line winger in the 4th round...

Why do people think Francouz is going to be available? He's not. There's no chance the Aves don't re-sign him. There's also little to no chance that anyone better than Bernier will be available in free agency, wanting to come to the worst team in the league... So next season we're left with Howard and Pickard... That should be another fun season...

"Why do people think Francouz is going to be available?"

Why dont you grow a pair and call me out by my name instead of hiding behing your statement: people? Im the only one talking about Francouz. 

I've already explained in another post (which you've already responded to) that im not certain Francouz will be available. So go on ranting about a nothing burger for all i care. Trade Bernier and sign Dell. Bernier can suck my tiny baby pp. Get whatever picks we can for him, hes nothing special.

5 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Bingo.  Also worth mentioning that The Athletic's recent ranking of Detroit's prospect pool has 4 goalies in the top 20. Specifically, they highlight Petruzzelli's bounce back season, Larsson's track record of success, and Eliasson making his World Junior roster (Gylander is the 4th). While it would be nice to have a top goaltending prospect we're not devoid of potential at that position either.

TBH goalie is probably be the LAST piece of the puzzle I'd try to find.  Use your draft picks and trade assets on filling out the rest of the team and use stop gaps (as you've mentioned above) in the mean time.  Then, when you're winning regular season games despite bad goaltending, you go out and find the best available goalie on the market. 

Im actually shocked by athletics goalie prospect ranking if thats true. We look to be completely screwed in the net for the next few years unless a prospect or UFA signing turns out.

Bernier plays one stretch of good games and suddenly hes our next starter and worthy of extensions lol. I cant. I just cant. 

On 2/6/2020 at 12:34 PM, kipwinger said:

I sometimes forget that those expiring UFAs are even on the team. Normally I think of UFAs because they're going to be useful at the deadline, but not this year.  This year I'm more excited about the possibility of trading AA, Fabbri, Bernier, Bowey, or Helm.  They're the "have value" guys. The other losers are just treading water until they A) retire, or B) die.  Either way, I don't care about them. 

Same.

I doubt Fabbri's going anywhere, but we could probably get a good 1st for him if he is.

13 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Bernier plays one stretch of good games and suddenly hes our next starter and worthy of extensions lol. I cant. I just cant. 

My big takeaway is that we shouldn't be in on Askarov, because we can't win games even with Vezina-caliber goaltending.

That's kind of a flippant take, but I don't care.

13 minutes ago, greenrebellion said:

I doubt Fabbri would garner a first

Maybe, maybe not. My thinking is that some contender's going to lose one of their scorers to injury and Fabbri's shown that he can play well and produce well on a team that doesn't play well and doesn't produce well and he's only 24 and he's cost-controlled. Again, I doubt we move him, but I think there'd be a pretty good market for him.

Edited by Dabura

6 minutes ago, mackel said:

Selling high on Fabbri seems like a no brainer.  By the time we're contending he'll be irrelevant on this team.

Problem is we're gonna need actual serviceable players in the meantime. I'd be more into aggressively shopping him if he were older and looking for a major contract extension.

23 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Maybe, maybe not. My thinking is that some contender's going to lose one of their scorers to injury and Fabbri's shown that he can play well and produce well on a team that doesn't play well and doesn't produce well and he's only 24 and he's cost-controlled. Again, I doubt we move him, but I think there'd be a pretty good market for him.

At his price and production i think hes def worth a 1st.

8 minutes ago, mackel said:

Selling high on Fabbri seems like a no brainer.  By the time we're contending he'll be irrelevant on this team.

I would be ok flipping him. But then again id be ok flipping Larkin, Bertuzzi, and Mantha as well.

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

At his price and production i think hes def worth a 1st.

I would be ok flipping him. But then again id be ok flipping Larkin, Bertuzzi, and Mantha as well.

I expect 2 of those 3 won't survive the rebuild as Red Wings.

7 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

But Zadina is here forever.

I tend to like the Dean Lombardi philosophy of having 3 elite players (1 Goalie, 1 Dman, 1 Center) then shuffling pieces around that core as needed.

Yzerman got his Dman in Seider. He will hopefully get his elite center in Stutzle. Then we just need a goalie before the real building and tooling starts. If he can somehow get Askarov AND Stoots this year i will literally coom in my GFs womb, because i will know the future is safe and secure for me to bring new red wings fans into the world. 

17 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Nope. That's pretty much everyone but CRL. And I suspect his anti-Zadina rhetoric is a facade.

Interesting theory, but this team has not gotten any better since Zadina joined it.

You'd think with a core like Larkin/Bertuzzi/Hronek/Zadina and as of late Bernier, this team would actually perform well...

I mean if I said our core was ROR/Perron/Pietrangelo/Tarasenko and Binnington one would think we'd be winning games, no? But we're not. Precisely because Larkin WILL NEVER be an ROR. Bertuzzi WILL NEVER be a Perron. Hronek WILL NEVER be a Pietrangelo. Zadina WILL NEVER be a Tarasenko. And Bernier WILL NEVER be a Binnington.

We are not a terrible team because Chris Ehn is 4th liner. We're not even the worst team because 4th line Abdelkader is paid too much. We are the worst team because our BEST players are not good enough.

Periphery players are the difference between a playoff team and a cup team. Core players are the difference between a playoff/cup team and a basement one.

Nielsen, Howard, Abdelkader, are convenient distractions to a much more serious problem. And that is we have a lot of good young players (Larkin, Mantha, Bertuzzi, Hronek, Cholowski, Fabbri, Ehn, Smith, Zadina, Bowey, Athanasiou) and yet we are STILL not getting it done. In fact, we are embarrassingly the worst team in the league with these players.

I don't know why anyone still has faith in them. They should be taken behind the nearest little ceasars and shot in the back of the head and their bodies dumped into the grease trap. But i will settle for them being traded so we can draft better players.

This team has serious problems which require drastic solutions. If this is our core, it is the WORST core in the league. Which makes one wonder why we should even bother keeping it in tact... TRADE LARKIN TRADE ZADINA TRADE BERTUZZI TRADE HRONEK AND TRADE MANTHA. Draft and sign a whole new team. These ******* idiots are useless and unmotivated.

14 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Nope. That's pretty much everyone but CRL. And I suspect his anti-Zadina rhetoric is a facade.

No, no, no, lots of people disagree with my take on Zadina (incorrectly), but you go out of your way to bring it and throw bait...  you little troll you.