• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WRusco

Robby Fabbri Extended

Rate this topic

20 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

For one, that level is production is insanely rare. Crosby did it ONCE. To do it six or seven years in a row would be nearly impossible. Secondly, as McDavid develops a more refined two-way game I'd expect his point totals to go down slightly, not up. Same thing people always said about Datsyuk, he could have scored another 30 points a season if he wasn't so committed to being good defensively.

That's fair. However, I think McDavid may be better than Crosby. We'll see...

15 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Alright we've established that no one cares about his injury history or his dollar value. Cool.

The problem is the term. Yzerman should be bonked on the head for handing him a 2 year. We lose RFA control at the end of this contract. Which means a number of things. Most of which are not good for the Red Wings. Someone please explain to me what Yzerman is thinking not limiting this to a 1 year. Anyway I look at it it's not a smart move. Hell I would have been more okay with $4 million 1 year deal. We have the money and space.

Fabbri was an RFA, with limited leverage, but it is still a negotiation. No player / agent are going to sign for less than they believe they're worth, and Fabbri is worth this contract. Maybe Fabbri and his camp were pushing hard for two years, and Yzerman seen minimal risk in doing so, so he did just that.

Spending any time or energy being upset about this contract is dumb. He will outperform this contract, and get a significant raise again in two years time. Whether that's by Yzerman or some other GM, who knows... Who cares if Yzerman "could have signed him for less" money / term. It's a good contract. Get over it.

6 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Fabbri was an RFA, with limited leverage, but it is still a negotiation. No player / agent are going to sign for less than they believe they're worth, and Fabbri is worth this contract. Maybe Fabbri and his camp were pushing hard for two years, and Yzerman seen minimal risk in doing so, so he did just that.

>Player wants terms that benefit himself
>Player has limited leverage
>Yzerman gives in

Wow, good job Stephen. A+. Great negotiating for the Red Wings my guy. Really shrewd.

13 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Spending any time or energy being upset about this contract is dumb. He will outperform this contract, and get a significant raise again in two years time. Whether that's by Yzerman or some other GM, who knows... Who cares if Yzerman "could have signed him for less" money / term. It's a good contract. Get over it.

>This is dumb
>Player real gud
>Get over it

Wow, good job KR. A+. Great discussing with you my guy. Really well reasoned.

11 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

>Player wants terms that benefit himself
>Player has limited leverage
>Yzerman gives in

Wow, good job Stephen. A+. Great negotiating for the Red Wings my guy. Really shrewd.

Yeah, Yzerman obviously didn't want to sign him to this contract. Fabbri made him do it. Great insight from CRL...

13 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

>This is dumb
>Player real gud
>Get over it

Wow, good job KR. A+. Great discussing with you my guy. Really well reasoned.

I've made several valid points as to why this is a good contract for Fabbri and the Red Wings. You just choose to chime in when I use the word "dumb"... Sorry, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings...

12 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

>"Millenials are so lazy and dumb lol"
>Millenials overthrow the government
>Boomers lose their AARP benefits

c4a.gif

Not a boomer. Gen X. We may be small in number, but we can survive in the modern digital world, and will continue to thrive after the Millenial Apocalypse takes us back into the analog age. Latchkey kids brought millenials into this world. We'll also be the ones to take them down. 

Not afraid of a bunch of soy boys or female SJW's who start crying as soon as they're put in handcuffs.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

9 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, Yzerman obviously didn't want to sign him to this contract. Fabbri made him do it. Great insight from CRL...

Nice strawman. Fabbri had no leverage to take himself out of RFA control, but Yzerman let him do it anyway. Poor contract negotiation. Poor contract.

11 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I've made several valid points as to why this is a good contract for Fabbri and the Red Wings. You just choose to chime in when I use the word "dumb"... Sorry, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings...

Ad Hominem fallacy. Not surprising, but it is nice to see you change it up once in a while.

6 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Nice strawman. Fabbri had no leverage to take himself out of RFA control, but Yzerman let him do it anyway. Poor contract negotiation. Poor contract.

Ad Hominem fallacy. Not surprising, but it is nice to see you change it up once in a while.

I've never suggested Fabbri had leverage "to take himself out of RFA control". In fact, I said that was the ONLY thing one could possibly complain about with this contract. You suggested that Yzerman signed him to a bad contract because, why again?

3 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Not a boomer. Gen X. We may be small in number, but we can survive in the modern digital world, and will continue to thrive after the Millenial Apocalypse takes us back into the analog age. Latchkey kids brought millenials into this world. We'll also be the ones to take them down. 

Not afraid of a bunch of soy boys or female SJW's who start crying as soon as they're put in handcuffs.

GenX. Literally the forgotten generation. Oh no we're so scared of your plaid shirts and sad Nirvanna songs.

The last thing you'll ever see: My blue haired figure standing over you dabbing as I prepare to waterboard you in reduced sugar Soylent. As you slip into darkness the only thing you will hear is the bass of Tekashi69 tracks blaring over the battlefield.

Just now, krsmith17 said:

I've never suggested Fabbri had leverage "to take himself out of RFA control". In fact, I said that was the ONLY thing one could possibly complain about with this contract. You suggested that Yzerman signed him to a bad contract because, why again?

Literally... read:

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Alright we've established that no one cares about his injury history or his dollar value. Cool.

The problem is the term. Yzerman should be bonked on the head for handing him a 2 year. We lose RFA control at the end of this contract. Which means a number of things. Most of which are not good for the Red Wings. Someone please explain to me what Yzerman is thinking not limiting this to a 1 year. Anyway I look at it it's not a smart move. Hell I would have been more okay with $4 million 1 year deal. We have the money and space.

8 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

GenX. Literally the forgotten generation. Oh no we're so scared of your plaid shirts and sad Nirvanna songs.

The last thing you'll ever see: My blue haired figure standing over you dabbing as I prepare to waterboard you in reduced sugar Soylent. As you slip into darkness the only thing you will hear is the bass of Tekashi69 tracks blaring over the battlefield.

Literally... read:

4-Generations-satirized.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=740&h=842
Ballmemes

8 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

A-am I a Millenniallet?

I mean, if you can declare a gender, you should be able to declare a generation.

I've seen Gen X ending anywhere between 76 and 85. So I guess, you can decide that.

If you're more of a self-reliant, solve your own problems type...I would consider you GenX.

If you're more of a blame others, depend on the government to solve your problems type...I would consider you a Millenial.

1 minute ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I mean, if you can declare a gender, you should be able to declare a generation.

I've seen Gen X ending anywhere between 76 and 85. So I guess, you can decide that.

If you're more of a self-reliant, solve your own problems type...I would consider you GenX.

If you're more of a blame others, depend on the government to solve your problems type...I would consider you a Millenial.

If I can declare a generation I declare that I belong to the Silent Generation!

1 minute ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I am solidly Gen X. And all I can say is Jesus ******* christ dude. WTF? 

1 minute ago, Akakabuto said:

If I can declare a generation I declare that I belong to the Silent Generation!

We need more of you

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I am solidly Gen X. And all I can say is Jesus ******* christ dude. WTF? 

We need more of you

Lol. It was a joke. Or is that considered hate speech now? I can't tell anymore.

Just now, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

He's a Euro, he's probably already on welfare and foodstamps

At least he gets to keep 20% of his income tho.

Just now, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

He's a Euro, he's probably already on welfare and foodstamps

The bolded doesn't exist here. The absolute state of a nation that have to give out foodstamps to its citizens. Thats sounds like communist Russia to me.

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Oh. I was joking too hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahah vote4 trump

Read a Sociology textbook.

Gen X was the generation that experienced high rates of parental divorce resulting in single parent families. That led to kids having to learn to take care of themselves. Get yourself up in the morning, get your own breakfast, get yourself to school. Come home to an empty house. Do your homework. Get your own dinner. That's where the term "Latch Key Kid" came from. GenX kids had to take on more personal responsibility at an earlier age. As adults, they are more likely to solve problems themselves and be more self-reliant. And want government out of their lives as a result.

The Millenial Generation is different. By the time they reached the same age, there was more social structure in place to accomodate for this. They were more coddled. They had more supervision and were thus less self-reliant as kids. As a result, they are more likely as adults to look to authority figures (government) to solve problems. They are more likely to embrace government interaction and involvement than previous generations.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

karen.jpg

Actually, most Karens fall just outside the GenX ages and are older Millenials instead. Karens are generally more self-entitled. That's a more GenY quality than GenX.

17 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Lol. It was a joke. Or is that considered hate speech now? I can't tell anymore.

At least he gets to keep 20% of his income tho.

Hate speech isn't allowed on this board bro

14 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

The bolded doesn't exist here. The absolute state of a nation that have to give out foodstamps to its citizens. Thats sounds like communist Russia to me.

They're great dude. Easy to get too. Was on em in college. Despite the fact that I had a job and was in a major university the gooberment was giving me like 500 bucks a month to buy doritos and dewy with lol. Honestly I couldn't believe folks WOULDNT get them (plenty dumbies didnt). It's a great way to secure votes too. Get 20% of the country to be reliant on foodstamps. Promise to increase them. BOOM. 20% of the vote right there. Honestly Sweden is too stupid to invent food stamps.

6 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Read a Sociology textbook.

Sure thing Karl Marx