• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

2021 Off-Season (Too Soon?)

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Gniwder said:

Krupp took Berlin to the finals not too long ago. Now he's gonna turn around Cologne with Landon Ferraro, Pogge, James Sheppard, and a 19 year old Barinka. You'll eat those words like spoiled kraut.

You know anything about barinka? I remember wanting us to draft him with one of our later picks , he always had good stats in tournaments but for whatever reasons his numbers in halifax were s*** , dont know if that was due to ice time or what or if he just sucked but in tournaments he always did good

Maybe hes someone we can take a flyer on and sign as a free agent  in the off season, might as well try out a few 19-21 yr old free agents and put them in grand rapids

19 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

You know anything about barinka? I remember wanting us to draft him with one of our later picks , he always had good stats in tournaments but for whatever reasons his numbers in halifax were s*** , dont know if that was due to ice time or what or if he just sucked but in tournaments he always did good

Maybe hes someone we can take a flyer on and sign as a free agent  in the off season, might as well try out a few 19-21 yr old free agents and put them in grand rapids

Yeah I remember Barinka at one point being projected as high as a 4th round pick. Then after 2 years in Halifax fell to 7th and then undrafted, which ultimately became his fate.

IDK why (though I suspect why) but he never gained the trust of his coaches in Halifax. Never rose above the 3rd line and was a healthy scratch at points in favor of players even younger than himself. He plays prototypical Euro style hockey. Doesn't take the body. Doesn't tie up the stick. Looks indifferent on defense. Always needed to gain weight and get stronger.

However, you're right, he's always dominated in Euro leagues and especially in tournaments. He played real well for Cologne in his first stint in a mens league. But now the DEL is canceled and that's gonna prolly kill any chance he had left at development into a NHL tier caliber player. Maybe Krupp can still turn him into a man though.

2 hours ago, Gniwder said:

Krupp took Berlin to the finals not too long ago. Now he's gonna turn around Cologne with Landon Ferraro, Pogge, James Sheppard, and a 19 year old Barinka. You'll eat those words like spoiled kraut.

wow what a hero... Krupp is a waste of space. He is taking Cologne nowhere and to reach a final with the best team at the time is not an accomplishment, it´s the minimum you would expect. He´s got a contract till april 2022 iirc and I doubt he will stay that long.

1 hour ago, Gniwder said:

Yeah I remember Barinka at one point being projected as high as a 4th round pick. Then after 2 years in Halifax fell to 7th and then undrafted, which ultimately became his fate.

IDK why (though I suspect why) but he never gained the trust of his coaches in Halifax. Never rose above the 3rd line and was a healthy scratch at points in favor of players even younger than himself. He plays prototypical Euro style hockey. Doesn't take the body. Doesn't tie up the stick. Looks indifferent on defense. Always needed to gain weight and get stronger.

However, you're right, he's always dominated in Euro leagues and especially in tournaments. He played real well for Cologne in his first stint in a mens league. But now the DEL is canceled and that's gonna prolly kill any chance he had left at development into a NHL tier caliber player. Maybe Krupp can still turn him into a man though.

s*** had no idea del was cancelled , oh well ... id sign him and send him to grand rapids though we have nothing to lose and smith,pearson,rasmussen should all be graduating in a sane world

3 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

s*** had no idea del was cancelled , oh well ... id sign him and send him to grand rapids though we have nothing to lose and smith,pearson,rasmussen should all be graduating in a sane world

DEL isn´t cancelled, don´t believe everything you read....

Edited by ely s

21 hours ago, ely s said:

wow what a hero... Krupp is a waste of space. He is taking Cologne nowhere and to reach a final with the best team at the time is not an accomplishment, it´s the minimum you would expect. He´s got a contract till april 2022 iirc and I doubt he will stay that long.

Cologne has best two forwards in the league in Akeson and Sheppard. Only a matter of time before the rest of the team catches up. Especially with young guns like Barinka having another solid season.

DOBBER: Free Agent Salary Projections 2021

Jon Bernier - $3.57
Fil Hronek - $3.19
Ty Bertuzzi - $3.18
Bob Ryan - $1.35
Val Filppula - $1.06
Luke Glendening - $0.965
Dennis Cholowski - $0.872
Sam Gagner - $0.770

Not sure why they expect Bertuzzi will take a paycut, or why Glendog would be less than $1 million.

Bros did we overvalue the glendog?

36 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

DOBBER: Free Agent Salary Projections 2021

Jon Bernier - $3.57
Fil Hronek - $3.19
Ty Bertuzzi - $3.18
Bob Ryan - $1.35
Val Filppula - $1.06
Luke Glendening - $0.965
Dennis Cholowski - $0.872
Sam Gagner - $0.770

Not sure why they expect Bertuzzi will take a paycut, or why Glendog would be less than $1 million.

Bros did we overvalue the glendog?

No. He will get a bigger return than what most expect.

6 hours ago, Gniwder said:

Cologne has best two forwards in the league in Akeson and Sheppard. Only a matter of time before the rest of the team catches up. Especially with young guns like Barinka having another solid season.

Cologne has no depth, the thing with the best two forwards is at least debatable and they have an average coach, who might be bit bigheaded and arrogant.

Here's how my TDL and offseason goes:

TDL:

• Offer HELM - 50% retained, ask for a 3rd, settle for a 4th
  • Offer FILPPULA - 50% retained, ask for a 3rd, settle for a 4th
  • Offer GLENDENING - ask for a 2nd, settle for a 3rd
  • Offer RYAN - ask for a 1st, settle for a 2nd
  • Offer STAAL - 50% retained, ask for a 3rd, settle for a 4th
  • Offer NEMETH - ask for a 3rd, settle for a 4th
  • Offer BERNIER - ask for a 1st, settle for a 2nd

Re-sign:

• Erne, Brome, and Gagner as cheapy forwards
  • Djoos and Merrill as cheapy Dmen
  • Bertuzzi and Hronek to multiyear deals as core players
  • Rasmussen, Svechnikov, Lindstrom, Cholowski, Hirose, Pearson, and Smith as continuing prospects
  • Lashoff and McIlrath as depth Dmen
  • Pickard as depth goalie

Sign to ELC:

• Lucas Raymond (F), Otto Kivenmaki (F), Jonatan Berggren (F), and Keith Petruzzelli (G)

End loan on:

• Seider, Veleno, and Johansson

Release:

• Biega, Hicketts, Boyle, Turgeon, Elson, and Criscuolo

Buyout:

• Nielsen: 2 year length. $4.5 mil hit the first year. $0.500 hit the second year.

Red Wings before FA begins:

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha
Fabbri - Namestnikov - Zadina
Svechnikov - Rasmussen - Gagner
Brome - Barber - Smith
Hirose

Merrill - Hronek
Dekeyser - Stecher
Djoos - Lindstrom
Cholowski

Greiss
UFA

Griffins before FA begins:

Raymond - Veleno - Beggren
Kivenmaki - Pearson

Lashoff - Seider
McIssac - McIlrath
Johansson - Sebrango

Pickard
Petruzzelli
Fulcher

That leaves us with 36/50 contracts before FA and with plenty of cap room to pursue UFA's for Detroit and Grand Rapids. Of which we will need lots of forwards and a backup (or starter) for Greiss.

57 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I think Seider is a lock to make opening night big boi team next season 

For GRs? Why not? 

I meant for GR. I think Seider will make it too, Cholowski and Lindstrom are just there and a bit older so I listed them higher.

17 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

who do we lose to Seattle?

What Zombo said, but also lowkey I could see them maybe taking Sam Gagner. Maybe.

UFA's I'd like to target if they become available: Zadorov, Oleksiak, Coleman, Hyman, Copp. Not sure on goalies yet.

For goalies I'd like to take a stab at Laurent Brossoit out of WPG, Linus Ullmark out of BUF, or Chris Driedger out of FLA if any hit the UFA market. Greiss is already aged out. Bernier is playing great but he's on his way there. I'd like to see us take some low risk signings on some young backups who might actually give us some serviceable years before we sign more dirty old f***s

4 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

For goalies I'd like to take a stab at Laurent Brossoit out of WPG, Linus Ullmark out of BUF, or Chris Driedger out of FLA if any hit the UFA market. Greiss is already aged out. Bernier is playing great but he's on his way there. I'd like to see us take some low risk signings on some young backups who might actually give us some serviceable years before we sign more dirty old f***s

The number 3 on the trade board screencap you posted earlier might be something

3. Chris Driedger, Panthers: There are definitely teams looking at the Panthers, with high-end goalie prospect Spencer Knight in the system behind a highly paid Sergei Bobrovsky and hope it’s Knight that the Panthers trade. And maybe one day it comes to that. But right now, the Panthers have zero intention of moving Knight. They still believe he’s a franchise goalie and they’d like it to be their franchise. If a goalie is leaving South Florida before the trade deadline, the smart bet is on Driedger. He’s been great for the surprising Panthers this year, sporting a .928 save percentage in his first 10 games. His career save percentage through 25 games is even better — .931. And more importantly, for cap and cash-strapped teams, he makes only $850,000. There’s a lot to like here.

17 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Fill Pooooo Lah on waivers

Too lazy to source

Very Manthaesque

23 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Fill Pooooo Lah on waivers

Too lazy to source

33 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

What Zombo said, but also lowkey I could see them maybe taking Sam Gagner. Maybe.

UFA's I'd like to target if they become available: Zadorov, Oleksiak, Coleman, Hyman, Copp. Not sure on goalies yet.

I would be interested in Hyman because of his history with Larkin at Michigan. I mean, the NHL is different, but maybe they'd still have some chemistry. But again, I am not saying anything about any players until Blashill is gone. I just find it hard to believe that our players are this bad...even though Mantha is lazy and Jimmy D warned us all, I'd still like to see him under a better coaching staff.  But then again, I wouldn't be angry is Yzerman dangled him out there for a trade. Maybe a package for Eichel?

12 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

The number 3 on the trade board screencap you posted earlier might be something

Very Manthaesque

Guys like Driedger could be a Binnington waiting to happen, or they could be an Andrew Hammond. Regardless - IMO - this is the time to experiment with younger goalies. Bernier and Greiss both won't be here when we become competitive again.

Pretty much all of Yzerman's UFA signings look pretty retarded from a competitive and forward thinking stand point. I guess Merrill and Stecher are at least cheap... his two big signings in Fil and Greiss haven't helped the team at all, and from Chris Illitches view point he pissed away 10.2 million dollars on them

Edited by Gniwder

10 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

Guys like Driedger could be a Binnington waiting to happen, or they could be an Andrew Hammond. Regardless - IMO - this is the time to experiment with younger goalies. Bernier and Greiss both won't be here when we become competitive again.

Pretty much all of Yzerman's UFA signings look pretty retarded from a competitive and forward thinking stand point. I guess Merrill and Stecher are at least cheap... his two big signings in Fil and Greiss haven't helped the team at all, and from Chris Illitches view point he pissed away 10.2 million dollars on them

He's basically just added filler while we wait for prospects to mature...  they are more of less "insert name here" kinda guys, who with any luck we can flip for something even a 4th+ round pick before they leave as UFAs.