• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

2021 NHL Trade Deadline Thread - April 12, 2021

Rate this topic

Ok here is the first list by TSN on March 1, 2021. The deadline is April 12. As expected Staal, Ryan and Glendening are one the list.

I know we are straight up sellers, but, like in the Hockey Trade thread, if there is a deal to be made, I would not mind picking up a player that would figure in our future. A couple on this list include: Dunn, Bennett and DeAngelo. Some players that aren't listed that may intrigue are Eichel (wonder what the price tag would be) and (as mentioned in the off season thread) Zach Hyman.  Mostly I expect Yzerman to be selling and acquiring draft picks, but with the little rumor out there that he may be interested in dealing a young forward for the right price, you just never know what will happen! There would be a lot of people interested in Mantha for sure! If Montreal called, I'd ask for Caufield and a pick, or maybe him and someone like Mysak.

Edited by LeftWinger

9 hours ago, chaps80 said:

I want to keep Ryan. He's been a great pickup.

I don't think that's even a remote possibility.

Ryan signed that deal so he would be easy to move. He's gonna go to a contender to compete for his cup.

57 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

The expansion draft is before free agency starts. He would be signed afterward.

And he can be signed after the expansion draft and still after he was dealt for a,pick , we’re rebuilding i dont get the reluctance of trading mediocre players? Hes what 34 now? If we trade him and he doesnt come back he doesnt come back , if he decides to test ufa at his age and go to a contender we’ll live

get the asset first , we then deal with the aftermath

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

And he can be signed after the expansion draft and still after he was dealt for a,pick , we’re rebuilding i dont get the reluctance of trading mediocre players? Hes what 34 now? If we trade him and he doesnt come back he doesnt come back , if he decides to test ufa at his age and go to a contender we’ll live

You're not wrong. We shouldn't have reluctance with any player on this roster. It's a whole locker-room of mediocrity. Losing Ryan, Glendening, and Bernier is liking losing the janitorial staff at the office. Oh nooooo how will we ever find another depressed middle aged spanish man to clean the toilets....

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Never said he shouldn't be traded. I would. Just pointing out that he wouldnt have to be protected as he would be an UFA at the time of the expansion draft whether he is traded or not.

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Never said he shouldn't be traded. I would. Just pointing out that he wouldnt have to be protected as he would be an UFA at the time of the expansion draft whether he is traded or not.

Great So we’re in agreement trade everyone you can who’s a ufa and get as many assets you can and whatever happens on free agency happens 

im sure there will be some other players with the cap being stuck the same that we’ll be able to get dirt cheap like we did namestnikov/stetcher if some wont resign , unfortunetly we keep waiting and waiting to give kids nhl experience (some barely still have any) so i highly doubt we’ll have 7-9 rookies all at once so im expecting a few signings ... as of right now we have stetcher/fabbri/greiss/namestnikov/dekeyser as potential 2022 trade deadline bait ... no point bringing up nielsen

potential bargain ufa’s to look at not on our roster

alex goligoski - David savard - Brandon montour - tomas tatar - mikael granlund - joel armia

Mattias janmark - carl soderberg

not counting goalies those are the ones i see that might be a bargain deal and might get decent value although i expect tatar to be at least a 2 yr deal, and savard 2-4 yrs ....goligoski if he bounces back might be someone to look at as well as montour 

im sure yzerman will pick up someone else completely though

@Akakabuto do you have playoffs in sweden? when I look at the stats the players have no playoff games for two seasons, because if so Seider would be back by the start of april

found it myself, last year were no playoffs because of covid, so we have to wait a little longer...

Edited by ely s

I think we should offer Mantha up to a contender for a 1st  a player AND a prospect. Or a 1st and a TOP prospect. Here are some examples:  (I am just suggesting names by Mantha's potential) (also I am not dealing him to one of our REGULAR division teams. So no TOR or TPA or FLA for sure.)

STL :  1st, Dunn and Bokk

VEG : 1st, Hauge (don't @ me! LOL!) and Krebs

WPG : 1st, Perfetti (with their addition of PLD, they have a surplus of C's)

EDM : 2 1sts, Puljujarvi and Broberg (LOL, 2 1sts because it's Holland and he likes throwing those around!)

NYI : 1st, Wahlstrom and Wilde

WSH : 1st, Vrana and Alexeyev

DAL : I think this would just have to be Draft picks, not unless we could et Dellandrea out of them.

I am sure most (if not all) of these are unrealistic, especially given the play of Mantha this season, but maybe he is just having an off season, and getting him away from Blashill's trash system would turn him back into a 30 goal scorer.

of course the reason being I added a couple of players to these suggestions is the 1st we'd be getting would be (hopefully for the acquiring team) at or near 30-31. If I am dealing him to a team that finished 15-20, I think I'd just take the 1st (and a mid-prospect with it, if they'd offer one)

Edited by LeftWinger

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I think we should offer Mantha up to a contender for a 1st  a player AND a prospect. Or a 1st and a TOP prospect. Here are some examples:  (I am just suggesting names by Mantha's potential) (also I am not dealing him to one of our REGULAR division teams. So no TOR or TPA or FLA for sure.)

EDM : 2 1sts, Puljujarvi and Broberg (LOL, 2 1sts because it's Holland and he likes throwing those around!)

DAL : I think this would just have to be Draft picks, not unless we could et Dellandrea out of them.

I am sure most (if not all) of these are unrealistic, especially given the play of Mantha this season, but maybe he is just having an off season, and getting him away from Blashill's trash system would turn him back into a 30 goal scorer.

of course the reason being I added a couple of players to these suggestions is the 1st we'd be getting would be (hopefully for the acquiring team) at or near 30-31. If I am dealing him to a team that finished 15-20, I think I'd just take the 1st (and a mid-prospect with it, if they'd offer one)

the biggest problem for these teams would be their cap situation after the trade

11 minutes ago, ely s said:

the biggest problem for these teams would be their cap situation after the trade

maybe then they want us to also acquire a UFA contract to help clear some! or do some kind of 3-way deal where we take the contract and swing it for a pick somewhere else! (that way we can kind of guarantee they waive any NTC or NMC)

But looking at the rosters, I see what you are saying.

9 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Never going to come close to getting that for Mantha.

10 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Hear me out...

To Washington: Mantha

To Detroit: Tom Wilson, Washington 2021 1st 

I'd do it all day. Just not sure why Washinton would. Wilson scores just as much as Mantha, same age, makes less, and is an actual terror to play against. I would think the deal would at least be 1 for 1. 

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

To get rid of the headache? 

I suppose they’d be gambling on the fact that on THAT team, with THAT coach, Mantha would be a 70-75 point player. 

Sure, Im just not sure the 10-20 extra points your gambling on is worth the salary+pick+passive-play. I'd - personally - sooner just hold on to Wilson. His suspension time missed seems to be less than Mantha's injury time missed anyway.

10 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

Sure, Im just not sure the 10-20 extra points your gambling on is worth the salary+pick+passive-play. I'd - personally - sooner just hold on to Wilson. His suspension time missed seems to be less than Mantha's injury time missed anyway.

I mean, me too. Hence why I'd trade for him. But there's a lot of pressure on Washington to win again while Ovi and Backstrom and Carlson are still pretty decent. So maybe they'd gamble on those extra 20 points if they thought it would be a factor in the playoffs.