• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ely s

Wings @ WC´21

Rate this topic

WC is running and we have 5 players in Riga. So far our three czechs (Zadina,Vrana and Hronek) have a hard time, only 2 points after three games. Zadina 1g, Vrana 1g,1a and Hronek 3a.

Team Canada with Troy Stecher(no points) lost the first three, the last 1-3 against Germany and Moritz Seider. Seider (2a) checked Team Canada the same way he checked the SHL. He´s just a mean machine, at least ten hits (there was some ingame hit-highlights of #53). No doubt he will be a lock in the top 4 on day 1.

16 hours ago, Dabura said:

The Seider lovefest on Twitter is glorious. People from all around the globe are loving on this dude and he hasn't even played in a single NHL game yet.

369-3693776_feelsgoodman-lucio-overwatch

Somewhat concerning tho. If he isn't the next Pronger/Chelios/Webber out of the gate, how fast before fans turn on him?

11 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

That will happen before the end of the coming season.

Really not expecting that at all.
I set the bar exceptionally high for Seider personally, and he's jumped over even that so far.
Larkin/Mantha/Zadina/Hronek were all decent players in their youth, but Seider is a monster in an entirely separate tier of existence.

24 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

I set the bar exceptionally high for Seider personally, and he's jumped over even that so far.
Larkin/Mantha/Zadina/Hronek were all decent players in their youth, but Seider is a monster in an entirely separate tier of existence.

Agreed. Wings fans have forgotten what elite prospects really looks like.

Missed the game, does anyone have video of the penalty Brendan Smith took  everyone's all pissed about? : DetroitRedWings

10 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Because of lack of production people will say Seider will never become a true  1D or truely elite. This will happen as early as midway through next season. You know it. 

Seider will be a 40 pt average Dman before he turns 22. Mark it *****.

You'd think you'd people would have learned not to doubt this kid by now...

1 hour ago, Akakabuto said:

Because of lack of production people will say Seider will never become a true  1D or truely elite. This will happen as early as midway through next season. You know it. 

That's mainly gonna be other teams' fans tho.

As for Wings fans? The stats nerd blogger commentariat class and the Calder Trophy voters – these people don't represent the average Wings fan. The average Wings fan will be delighted to have someone who 1) is roughly as effective as Rasmus Dahlin and 2) actively tries to murder opposing players. And we're getting him at 20 years old, as opposed to the standard 22 or 23 that we're so used to. So dude's got some leeway and runway.

The murder thing is gonna be big. That alone will earn Seider so much goodwill and love. If the "Vladdy 2" branding catches on, he's golden. Because what was great about Vladdy, what we LOVED about Vladdy, wasn't point totals. Vladdy was never a monster scorer. What we loved about Vladdy was that he was a complete player. Who actively tried to murder opposing players.

Other Seider propaganda campaigns I'm currently formulating in addition to the aforementioned "Vladdy 2":

• "Moritz Seider Is Going to Finish What Vladimir Konstantinov and Jiri Fischer Started."
  • "Remember Brad Stuart Crushing Sidney Crosby? Wasn't That Great?"
  • "The '96 Wings Weren't Mean and Then They Got Mean and That's Why They Won in '97 and '98"
  • "The '08 Team Had Kronwall, Stuart, Chelios, Lilja. This Is the Way."
  • "Seider Does Not Suck. It's the Team That Sucks. And That Is on Cryin' Chris Ilitch, Who Refuses to Retire #91. Cowardly!"

Semifinals on their way, one Redwing in each game. Stecher, with a real nice setup for the OT winner in the QF, playing for Canada against the US has a goal and an assist so far. Seider, playing for Germany against the finns, has 4 assists so far.

The three chechs, Vrana, Zadina and Hronek, all ended up with 4 points each. Vrana and Zadina having two goals each to go with 2 assists, whereas Hronek has a goal and 3 assists.

Just now, paulwoodsfan said:

Seider named top defenceman in the tournament, hell of an accomplishment for a 20-year-old playing on a team that didn't win a medal. Can't wait to see him on the Wings. 

This is truly incredible when you think about it. 

On 5/26/2021 at 9:01 AM, Gniwder said:

We'll see if Seider can play at that level for a full 82 game season. My guess is he'll start to cool off about 2/3 into the season and "fans" will start to sour real quick. Despite the fact that he's the best D prospect since Kronwall.

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

We'll see if Seider can play at that level for a full 82 game season. My guess is he'll start to cool off about 2/3 into the season and "fans" will start to sour real quick. Despite the fact that he's the best D prospect since Kronwall.

Lmao doubting seider? Ill take that bet. Please say some more s*** i can quote when hes winning norris trophies. 

11 hours ago, Gniwder said:

Lmao doubting seider? Ill take that bet. Please say some more s*** i can quote when hes winning norris trophies. 

The kids never played 50 games in a season. Jumping to an 82 game schedule at the worlds highest level can be difficult for even the best prospects.

I don't have any "doubts" about Seider. I have always said he was the teams best prospect, will be the team's best defenseman, and called him the next Chris Pronger. If I believe that then I obviously believe he's capable of a Calder and Norris trophies.

That doesn't mean he can't struggle late into the season as hes not used to such a grueling schedule. That wouldn't change my opinion of him, or create any "doubt". Nor would it change his trajectory as an elite 1D.

Just saying that there will be fans who turn. There always are.

10 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

The kids never played 50 games in a season. Jumping to an 82 game schedule at the worlds highest level can be difficult for even the best prospects.

54,61,56 and 64 games played in the last 4 seasons, the last three seasons were against men. Still not 82 games a year but closer. I have no doubt he will cope the load.

1 hour ago, ely s said:

54,61,56 and 64 games played in the last 4 seasons, the last three seasons were against men. Still not 82 games a year but closer. I have no doubt he will cope the load.

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=212672

That's not what I am seeing here.

Anyway, playing 25% more games against way better talent than he has ever seen will be difficult and can run down any prospect in their first full NHL season. It's not a knock on him. It's just reality.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie