• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Walman6million

Provorov now this?

Rate this topic

What we are learning - the 90% of us that arent LGBTQ dont EVER want to be forced into doing something unnecessary.

Do racism and bigotry exist?  Sure.  Do we need to put people who are racist or bigotted into special clothes to stop it?  Nope.  It's working itself out as generations pass.  Hitler put people into special clothes, remember.

99.9% of us aren't military or police either, but the league will happily put on nights celebrating those people with special jerseys during warmups. 

But of course, a subset of players are too big of snowflakes to put on a rainbow jersey for warmups to show that the league is supposed to be inclusive of all walks of life. 

19 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

99.9% of us aren't military or police either, but the league will happily put on nights celebrating those people with special jerseys during warmups. 

But of course, a subset of players are too big of snowflakes to put on a rainbow jersey for warmups to show that the league is supposed to be inclusive of all walks of life. 

Because they arent FORCED to do it.

8 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Because they arent FORCED to do it.

Matt Dumba did the whole kneel for the anthem thing. Which is IMO more of an insult to millitary, but he was anti cop. Wonder if hes worn military sweaters.

This entire debate is idiotic. Nobody is making anyone be "pro-LGBTQ". How do I know? Because Provorov and the Wild chose not to participate and literally nothing happened to them. The NHL comes up with promotional events and players can participate if they choose to. It's that simple. In today's climate everybody's dying to make it seem like the other side is oppressing them, but that's not the case here. It wasn't the case with Bertuzzi. And it won't be the case whenever the next team wears camo sweaters to "support the troops" or whatever other dumb sh*t the NHL comes up with to put butts in the stands for a week night game in February. Players will kneel, they'll choose not to get vaccinated, they'll wear their usual warmup jerseys, etc. etc. etc. and literally nothing will happen to them.

24 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

They absolutely are forced to wear camo jerseys on a military night. There is just no pushback on it because they are hypocrites. 

How does that make them hypocrites? How is that a comp? 1 group of people fought for there country the other just like the same sex. 1 deserves to be recognized and celebrated the other not so much. Im not anti LGBTQXYZ but I dont feel the need to celebrate them either. I dont have a problem with different race religion sex orientation playing hockey but wearing rainbow colors isnt going to make those that do have a problem with them playing go away.

16 minutes ago, redw1ngs said:

How does that make them hypocrites? How is that a comp? 1 group of people fought for there country the other just like the same sex. 1 deserves to be recognized and celebrated the other not so much. Im not anti LGBTQXYZ but I dont feel the need to celebrate them either. I dont have a problem with different race religion sex orientation playing hockey but wearing rainbow colors isnt going to make those that do have a problem with them playing go away.

The goal of those types of events, aside from filling the stands, isn't to make racists "go away". The goal is to normalize the idea that homosexual people exist and are welcome in society. That's a different goal than military appreciation nights. One is geared toward celebrating the service that military personnel have rendered. The other is about ensuring that certain citizens aren't discriminated against or marginalized because of their sexual preference (as has often been the case in America).

26 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

This entire debate is idiotic. Nobody is making anyone be "pro-LGBTQ". How do I know? Because Provorov and the Wild chose not to participate and literally nothing happened to them. The NHL comes up with promotional events and players can participate if they choose to. It's that simple. In today's climate everybody's dying to make it seem like the other side is oppressing them, but that's not the case here. It wasn't the case with Bertuzzi. And it won't be the case whenever the next team wears camo sweaters to "support the troops" or whatever other dumb sh*t the NHL comes up with to put butts in the stands for a week night game in February. Players will kneel, they'll choose not to get vaccinated, they'll wear their usual warmup jerseys, etc. etc. etc. and literally nothing will happen to them.

I really want them to force the players to choose on these nights. Camo or rainbows. This way we can know which players to hate and which are LGBT.

26 minutes ago, redw1ngs said:

Vets arent oppressed though

2 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

I really want them to force the players to choose on these nights. Camo or rainbows. This way we can know which players to hate and which are LGBT.

There's a comedian, can't remember which one, that has a bit about this. Something like, everyone in the country is either a "r*tard" or a "p*ssy". Maybe making people declare which team they're on is the solution.

33 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Provorov has open the floodgates IMO. Its not like a few emboldened players refused to wear the rainbows. The team straight up canceled the entire thing. Must have been almost the entire team refusing.

7 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

The goal of those types of events, aside from filling the stands, isn't to make racists "go away". The goal is to normalize the idea that homosexual people exist and are welcome in society. That's a different goal than military appreciation nights. One is geared toward celebrating the service that military personnel have rendered. The other is about ensuring that certain citizens aren't discriminated against or marginalized because of their sexual preference (as has often been the case in America).

I didnt mean physically go away but for these people to change there thinking. Wearing rainbow colors 1 night a year isnt going to stop the discrimination or hate against them. The whole thing is dumb imo.

5 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

The pendulum is swinging to far the other way now imo. white males are being discriminated against in the workplace now your much more likely to get a job/promotion if your a woman or person of color.

Im old school but todays society is soft. 

39 minutes ago, redw1ngs said:

It's all low-hanging, ticket-selling fruit. You put on a jersey for warmups, they are auctioned off to raise money for charities. But doing so for the LGBTQ community is too much for conservative snowflakes. They are the ones who are soft. 

2 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

Provorov has open the floodgates IMO. Its not like a few emboldened players refused to wear the rainbows. The team straight up canceled the entire thing. Must have been almost the entire team refusing.

It's probably quite a lot of guys TBH. Athletes aren't notoriously "progressive" people.

7 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Why not have Camo-Homo night? Or is it still ”Don’t ask - Don’t tell”?

Id buy a camo homo wings sweater with zadinas name on it

But nah we got like trans generals and stuff now

23 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

It's all low-hanging, ticket-selling fruit. You put on a jersey for warmups, they are auctioned off to raise money for charities. But doing so for the LGBTQ community is too much for conservative snowflakes. They are the ones who are soft. 

Doesnt the military actually pay the league for advertising though?

LGBTQ stuff is voluntary charity stuff by marketing. 

29 minutes ago, redw1ngs said:

I didnt mean physically go away but for these people to change there thinking. Wearing rainbow colors 1 night a year isnt going to stop the discrimination or hate against them. The whole thing is dumb imo.

I knew what you meant, but I'm not sure you know what I mean. Pride night/parades/parties/initiatives/etc. aren't aimed at "changing anyone's minds". They're not for people that steadfastly believe homosexuality is a sin. They're for everyone else. It's about recognizing that these people exist, that they're members of our communities, that they're welcome and supported...because historically they haven't been. Nobody gives a sh*t about some fan sitting at home on pride night raging against the "LGBTQ Agenda" or whatever.

Edited by kipwinger

2 hours ago, marcaractac said:

If the league were inclusive they'd have a team in Quebec City.

Stop the French Canadian hate!

Pour la gloire de la province de Québec et de ses francophones!

Fleur de Lis | maumarinajewelry-nl

20 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I knew what you meant, but I'm not sure you know what I mean. Pride night/parades/parties/initiatives/etc. aren't aimed at "changing anyone's minds". They're not for people that steadfastly believe homosexuality is a sin. They're for everyone else. It's about recognizing that these people exist, that they're members of our communities, that they're welcome and supported...because historically they haven't been. Nobody gives a sh*t about some fan sitting at home on pride night raging against the "LGBTQ Agenda" or whatever.

And yet we dont have "gamer night" even though historically gamers are most oppressed group in society. Or "black night" for people who were literally enslaved. Now im kinda thinking we bend over too far for the rainbows. 

8 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

And yet we dont have "gamer night" even though historically gamers are most oppressed group in society. Or "black night" for people who were literally enslaved. Now im kinda thinking we bend over too far for the rainbows. 

I can't speak about "gamers", but a number of teams have nights designated for specific races and ethnicities as part of the very same "hockey is for everyone" initiative that sponsors "pride night". Dallas just had "Noche Mexicana" a week or so ago, and Chicago celebrated "black history night" about three weeks ago...complete with specially designed sweaters. As far as I know none of the players chose not to participate in those promotions...likely because the religious institutions to which they pledge their allegiance don't designated black or hispanic people as sinners...anymore.

Edited by kipwinger

13 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I can't speak about "gamers", but a number of teams have nights designated for specific races and ethnicities as part of the very same "hockey is for everyone" initiative that sponsors "pride night". Dallas just had "Noche Mexicana" a week or so ago, and Chicago celebrated "black history night" about three weeks ago...complete with specially designed sweaters. As far as I know none of the players chose not to participate in those promotions...likely because the religious institutions to which they pledge their allegiance don't designated black or hispanic people as sinners...anymore.

Thats a lot of different nights... Thus my point that gamers are the most oppressed group.