• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2023 Offseason Thread

Rate this topic

39 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Get DeBrincat and Severson and let's make a push next year, jerks.

Also: hi.

Good to see you (number9/CRL/etc here)

I worry about DBC having a 9 mil qualifying offer. If his goal is to come to michigan then maybe there's something more there. He's also a manlet which isn't my favorite. Basically he has to go the Copp route to make sense.

Not a giant fan of Severson. Think he''s overrated and will get overpaid because of bidding. I'm almost happy to sign a guy like Orlov and force Chia to play offhand.

Severson is good, but if he's overpriced then I agree that it's better to pass. But Debrincat should be pursued. We need goals, he's a consistent offensive force, he's 25 AND he's from Michigan. Obviously SY should only trade for him if he agrees in principle to an extension beforehand. No way would I qualify him at 9.

Edited by kipwinger

14 hours ago, Walman6million said:

Good to see you (number9/CRL/etc here)

I worry about DBC having a 9 mil qualifying offer. If his goal is to come to michigan then maybe there's something more there. He's also a manlet which isn't my favorite. Basically he has to go the Copp route to make sense.

Not a giant fan of Severson. Think he''s overrated and will get overpaid because of bidding. I'm almost happy to sign a guy like Orlov and force Chia to play offhand.

5 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Severson is good, but if he's overpriced then I agree that it's better to pass. But Debrincat should be pursued. We need goals, he's a consistent offensive force, he's 25 AND he's from Michigan. Obviously SY should only trade for him if he's agree in principle to an extension. No way would I qualify him at 9.

Truth be told, I'm not a huge fan of either player and they're probably both overpays. So, realistically, I dunno that I see us getting either of them. And I'm ok with that.

But at the same time, I'm bored with this rebuild and I want loud noises and drama.

5 hours ago, Axl Foley said:

thought u died

NO THE 20-YEAR YZERPLAN HASN'T BORED ME TO DEATH QUITE YET

BUT I DO THINK MY LIMBS HAVE ATROPHIED

I'm a really big fan of Debrincat. He's a great shooter, quality playmaker, and a right handed threat on the powerplay. He's also very fast, competitive, and highly durable considering he's short. Yep, he's short. That's literally the only knock on him. Otherwise, what's not to like?

Just now, kipwinger said:

I'm a really big fan of Debrincat. He's a great shooter, quality playmaker, and a right handed threat on the powerplay. He's also very fast, competitive, and highly durable considering he's short. Yep, he's short. That's literally the only knock on him. Otherwise, what's not to like?

He reminds me of LeFou from Beauty and the Beast.

4063433.png

5 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

The asking price

In all honesty, it's an irrational thing for me; I have this picture in my head of us signing him to a big deal and then he gets crushed along the boards and he's never quite the same, because Red Wings.

He's a very good player and there really isn't anything to not like about him. We need goal scoring like no one's business and the dude puts up points, plain and simple.

He does remind me of LeFou tho.

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

No. The only hypothetical thing not to like might be the asking price. 

The Wings don't hold his rights and therefore don't have to qualify him. They can basically name their price and if he doesn't agree (in principle) then they simply don't make the trade. The asking price is really only an issue if A) you're Ottawa and have to qualify him or lose him for nothing, or B) you're a general manager dumb enough to trade for him without an extension in place.

Just now, kipwinger said:

The Wings don't hold his rights and therefore don't have to qualify him. They can basically name their price and if he doesn't agree (in principle) then they simply don't make the trade. The asking price is really only an issue if A) you're Ottawa and have to qualify him or lose him for nothing, or B) you're a general manager dumb enough to trade for him without an extension in place.

I wasn't talking about what he wants to be paid. 

I was talking about what Doiron would potentially want in a trade. Which might be reasonable. Who knows? 

Debrincat: like

Contract: Prob like

Trade cost aka 'asking price': may like, may not like

Therefore the only 'what's not to like' thing I could think of to answer your original question would be the potential asking price in a trade

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I wasn't talking about what he wants to be paid. 

I was talking about what Doiron would potentially want in a trade. Which might be reasonable. Who knows?

Debrincat: like

Contract: Prob like

Trade cost aka 'asking price': may like, may not like

Therefore the only 'what's not to like' thing I could think of to answer your original question would be the potential asking price in a trade

My bad, I see what you're saying. I'm not really worried about the asking price TBH. Dorian HAS to trade him this offseason or qualify him (@9million). And since he DEFINITELY doesn't want to qualify him, then he's got no other option than to trade. But other GMs know he's up against a rock and a hard place and they're not going to offer too much. Plus there are only a limited number of teams that A) he's willing to sign long-term with, and B) can take on his eventual cap hit. I think he goes for a decent prospect and a 2nd rounder.

3 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

My bad, I see what you're saying. I'm not really worried about the asking price TBH. Dorian HAS to trade him this offseason or qualify him (@9million). And since he DEFINITELY doesn't want to qualify him, then he's got no other option than to trade. But other GMs know he's up against a rock and a hard place and they're not going to offer too much. Plus there are only a limited number of teams that A) he's willing to sign long-term with, and B) can take on his eventual cap hit. I think he goes for a decent prospect and a 2nd rounder.

Zadina and a 3rd

4 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Yeah maybe you're right.

If we were dealing with a western conference team I'd have him penciled in on Capfriendly already. It's too perfect. I just have a hard time seeing the Sens dealing him within the division to a team they'll be competing heavily against for the next decade. Unless Y overpays. But he won't. So whatever. 

11 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Yeah maybe you're right.

If we were dealing with a western conference team I'd have him penciled in on Capfriendly already. It's too perfect. I just have a hard time seeing the Sens dealing him within the division to a team they'll be competing heavily against for the next decade. Unless Y overpays. But he won't. So whatever. 

Forgot about the division. No way we get him.

4 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Kevin Nash would call him a vanilla midget.  

DCat or not this team is absolutely gutted again without Bertuzzi, Vrana, and Hronek.

Even if DCat was our big acquisition this summer this team would suck bad.

We are losing Erne and Suter, which is a start, but there are still way too many plug losers on this team.

Trade Zadina, Veleno, and Lindstrom while they still have some semblance of youthful value. Get anything for them. IDC. I'm tired of watching these absolute losers take up roster spots and minutes. Here's a thought, trade all 3 for the rights to DCat.

Killorn - Larkin - DeBrincat
Rasmussen - Copp - Raymond
Fabbri - Compher - Perron
Kubalik - Kasper - Berggren

Walman - Seider
Edvinsson - Mayfield
Maata - Chiarot

Husso
Ned

How much nicer does that look

44 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

DCat or not this team is absolutely gutted again without Bertuzzi, Vrana, and Hronek.

Even if DCat was our big acquisition this summer this team would suck bad.

We are losing Erne and Suter, which is a start, but there are still way too many plug losers on this team.

Trade Zadina, Veleno, and Lindstrom while they still have some semblance of youthful value. Get anything for them. IDC. I'm tired of watching these absolute losers take up roster spots and minutes. Here's a thought, trade all 3 for the rights to DCat.

Killorn - Larkin - DeBrincat
Rasmussen - Copp - Raymond
Fabbri - Compher - Perron
Kubalik - Kasper - Berggren

Walman - Seider
Edvinsson - Mayfield
Maata - Chiarot

Husso
Ned

How much nicer does that look

Played majority of season without the two loser forwards and Hronek has always been a sucky loser.

Team was pretty good until an actual important player got hurt. Rasmussen 

30 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Played majority of season without the two loser forwards and Hronek has always been a sucky loser.

Team was pretty good until an actual important player got hurt. Rasmussen 

IDK if you noticed, but we didn't accomplish s*** this year. Do you mean to assert that we were, and would be, better off without these players?

Edited by Walman6million