• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bIueadams

If there was no lottery...

Rate this topic

Just now, Axl Foley said:

Rumors don't have sources. That's why they're rumors. Name one rumor where the source was listed.

There's many.

Let me break this down for you like you're 5 (which you apparently are):

Wayne Gretsky to Detroit in 1988 is a credible rumor. There's sources and insiders backing it up that Detroit was hot and heavy to get Grets. But that Wayne's father blocked it.

Trouba to Detroit in 2019 is not a credible rumor. There's no insiders or sources every suggesting this was going to happen. But there was plenty of fans speculating/hoping it would.

There is a huge difference between a confirmed rumor (with source) and just fan speculation - which your "rumor" is unless you can back it up.

If you go to HFboards and visit the trades/rumors page they literally categorize threads this way. Credible rumors have sources. Anything without a source is labeled speculation, and literally not taken seriously.

This is why I'm not taking you seriously. I followed this draft pretty heavy, and never heard this once. And you are also unable to provide a source supporting it. A rumor by definition is a "circulating story or report" There seems to be no evidence that this ever circulated anywhere. So yes, I'm calling you a liar who is fabricating things after the fact. If you disagree post a source for your rumor.

On 9/1/2023 at 8:57 PM, bIueadams said:

There's many.

Let me break this down for you like you're 5 (which you apparently are):

Wayne Gretsky to Detroit in 1988 is a credible rumor. There's sources and insiders backing it up that Detroit was hot and heavy to get Grets. But that Wayne's father blocked it.

Trouba to Detroit in 2019 is not a credible rumor. There's no insiders or sources every suggesting this was going to happen. But there was plenty of fans speculating/hoping it would.

There is a huge difference between a confirmed rumor (with source) and just fan speculation - which your "rumor" is unless you can back it up.

If you go to HFboards and visit the trades/rumors page they literally categorize threads this way. Credible rumors have sources. Anything without a source is labeled speculation, and literally not taken seriously.

This is why I'm not taking you seriously. I followed this draft pretty heavy, and never heard this once. And you are also unable to provide a source supporting it. A rumor by definition is a "circulating story or report" There seems to be no evidence that this ever circulated anywhere. So yes, I'm calling you a liar who is fabricating things after the fact. If you disagree post a source for your rumor.

I have never seen a credible rumor backed up with a credible source. Every "credible" rumor is still reported as such and the actual source of the rumor is never named.

You can only source where YOU heard it from. You can't source where it actually comes from because you are getting it second hand at best. It's all hearsay.

On 9/2/2023 at 7:18 PM, Axl Foley said:

I have never seen a credible rumor backed up with a credible source. Every "credible" rumor is still reported as such and the actual source of the rumor is never named.

You can only source where YOU heard it from. You can't source where it actually comes from because you are getting it second hand at best. It's all hearsay.

And you have neither. Do you see how that works?

Normal People:

Team Source we are completely unaware of --> Credible Media Source reporting it --> We discuss

You:

Nothing --> We don't discuss because you have nothing

On 9/2/2023 at 8:18 PM, Axl Foley said:

Im on your side here.  Rumors are like secrets that get out.  If they have credible sources behind them, they cease to be rumors and become fact.  "It's rumored that the Red Wings tried to get Wayne Gretzky"?  No.  That's a fact.  It's not a rumor at all.  Gretzky has said this in interviews.  "It's rumored that Holland was let go because he drafted Zadina over Hughes"?  Yah, that's a rumor.  It's been said multiple times, but the Ilitch family never gave that as the exact reason.  And no credible sources have said that they were told that information.  So it's just a rumor.

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Im on your side here.  Rumors are like secrets that get out.  If they have credible sources behind them, they cease to be rumors and become fact.  "It's rumored that the Red Wings tried to get Wayne Gretzky"?  No.  That's a fact.  It's not a rumor at all.  Gretzky has said this in interviews.  "It's rumored that Holland was let go because he drafted Zadina over Hughes"?  Yah, that's a rumor.  It's been said multiple times, but the Ilitch family never gave that as the exact reason.  And no credible sources have said that they were told that information.  So it's just a rumor.

BIG HINT: "It's rumored that" = *suspense* a rumor

There 100% were sports people on Twitter posting about Detroit having interest in Stutzle leading up to that draft. It was likely based solely on the fact that Yzerman already drafted Seider from the same program before that. But it was still put out there, regardless of how true it may or may not have been.

To expect folks to go back and find specific tweets from multiple years ago to prove it is just foolish. Let it go. 

Edited by marcaractac

2 hours ago, marcaractac said:

There 100% were sports people on Twitter posting about Detroit having interest in Stutzle leading up to that draft. It was likely based solely on the fact that Yzerman already drafted Seider from the same program before that. But it was still put out there, regardless of how true it may or may not have been.

To expect folks to go back and find specific tweets from multiple years ago to prove it is just foolish. Let it go. 

agreed.  i saw em too.  but i think most knew he'd be gone by our pick.

3 hours ago, marcaractac said:

A buncha folks on twitter going "Seiders german, so is stutzle, wouldnt that be neat if SY drafted him" isnt a rumor that SY would have taken stutzle over Lafren and Byfield. Its fan speculation.

And you wouldnt need to dig through twitter to find it, because a rumor like that wouldve already been posted here. Probably in this thread.

But alas, its not a real rumor. So it doesnt exist.

48 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

A buncha folks on twitter going "Seiders german, so is stutzle, wouldnt that be neat if SY drafted him" isnt a rumor that SY would have taken stutzle over Lafren and Byfield. Its fan speculation.

And you wouldnt need to dig through twitter to find it, because a rumor like that wouldve already been posted here. Probably in this thread.

But alas, its not a real rumor. So it doesnt exist.

The German thing was my own speculation on why sports media people on Twitter were posting it, to begin with. Regardless of where these 'sports journalists' get their info, these posts are absolutely rumors. Whether they themselves are hearing it through the grapevine or are starting it themselves. That is what rumors are. 

It's just such a stupid thing to give people a hard time over. Make no wonder this forum has all but died. 

17 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

The German thing was my own speculation on why sports media people on Twitter were posting it, to begin with. Regardless of where these 'sports journalists' get their info, these posts are absolutely rumors. Whether they themselves are hearing it through the grapevine or are starting it themselves. That is what rumors are. 

It's just such a stupid thing to give people a hard time over. Make no wonder this forum has all but died. 

No. Theyre literally not.

Theres a huge difference between speculation and actual rumor. 

WIIM writing a fluff piece about how Stutzle would fit good on the red wings and talking about it on twitter, is not the same as Friedman saying sources indicate that SY had stutzle at #1 on his draft chart. The later is fun time speculation. The former is an actual rumor. 

5 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

No. Theyre literally not.

Theres a huge difference between speculation and actual rumor. 

WIIM writing a fluff piece about how Stutzle would fit good on the red wings and talking about it on twitter, is not the same as Friedman saying sources indicate that SY had stutzle at #1 on his draft chart. The later is fun time speculation. The former is an actual rumor. 

I'm not talking about people speculating that he would be a good fit. I'm talking about people tweeting that the kid's name was tied to Detroit from multiple journalists leading up to the draft. 

Whether they themselves are speculating or not is irrelevant. Sports journalist decides to tweet: "Wings interested in Stutzle," because they themselves think it's a plausible and safe assumption based on the German connection. That is the origin of the rumor. Rumors do not have to be fact, nor do they have to have any basis in reality at all. All it takes is for people to believe them to spread. That's literally what a rumor is: 'a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth'.

If you don't buy it, who ******* cares. Does not change the fact that those tweets happened. And no, I'm not gonna waste my time searching for said tweets for you, because I don't care if you believe it or not. Just pointing out how you are being a c*** for no reason. 

5 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

I'm not talking about people speculating that he would be a good fit. I'm talking about people tweeting that the kid's name was tied to Detroit from multiple journalists leading up to the draft. 

Whether they themselves are speculating or not is irrelevant. Sports journalist decides to tweet: "Wings interested in Stutzle," because they themselves think it's a plausible and safe assumption based on the German connection. That is the origin of the rumor. Rumors do not have to be fact, nor do they have to have any basis in reality at all. All it takes is for people to believe them to spread. That's literally what a rumor is: 'a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth'.

If you don't buy it, who ******* cares. Does not change the fact that those tweets happened. And no, I'm not gonna waste my time searching for said tweets for you, because I don't care if you believe it or not. Just pointing out how you are being a c*** for no reason. 

Thats not the rumor @ely s and @Axl Foley are claiming exists though.

Theyre claiming its credible rumor that SY was going to pass on Byfield and Lafren to take Stutzle #1 overall.

"Detroit interested in Stutzle" sure i bet SY was interested him at #4, he went #3 after all. But i have never seen the later rumor that that is how we would have used our #1 overall pick, and pages later still no one has produced it.

2 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Thats not the rumor @ely s and @Axl Foley are claiming exists though.

Theyre claiming its credible rumor that SY was going to pass on Byfield and Lafren to take Stutzle #1 overall.

"Detroit interested in Stutzle" sure i bet SY was interested him at #4, he went #3 after all. But i have never seen the later rumor that that is how we would have used our #1 overall pick, and pages later still no one has produced it.

If someone takes what a sports journalist tweets as credible, then so be it. Those types of things SHOULD be credible. None of us know where these people got their info from to start these rumors. All people are saying is that these rumors existed.

Nobody is gonna produce these tweets now because nobody cares enough to spend possibly hours trying to find tweets from years ago. Especially when people also probably cannot remember which journalists specifically tweeted them, to begin with.

You haven't seen these tweets back in the day. Some folks recall seeing them. It's not a big deal.

13 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

If someone takes what a sports journalist tweets as credible, then so be it. Those types of things SHOULD be credible. None of us know where these people got their info from to start these rumors. All people are saying is that these rumors existed.

Nobody is gonna produce these tweets now because nobody cares enough to spend possibly hours trying to find tweets from years ago. Especially when people also probably cannot remember which journalists specifically tweeted them, to begin with.

You haven't seen these tweets back in the day. Some folks recall seeing them. It's not a big deal.

Thats a pretty specific rumor that would have been talked about a lot among red wings fan forums. I dont see it existing here. I dont see it existing on HF red wings board. I dont see it existing it on HF rumors board. I dont see it existing on reddit.

Googling it, nothing comes up. Searching on twitter, nothing comes up.

Hmmmmm

So yes, im calling out the existence of this rumor.

Its anyones right to post whatever wonky hub bub they want, but its also everyones right to question it. 

Based on the lack of evidence on this one, im calling BS.

27 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Thats a pretty specific rumor that would have been talked about a lot among red wings fan forums. I dont see it existing here. I dont see it existing on HF red wings board. I dont see it existing it on HF rumors board. I dont see it existing on reddit.

Googling it, nothing comes up. Searching on twitter, nothing comes up.

Hmmmmm

So yes, im calling out the existence of this rumor.

Its anyones right to post whatever wonky hub bub they want, but its also everyones right to question it. 

Based on the lack of evidence on this one, im calling BS.

Then you go right ahead, internet warrior. 

5 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Thank God we only have till Sept 23 before we can start whipping on Zadina.....oh SH*T we need to get a new whipping boy ...do we run a poll?

It's Joe Veleno by a mile

Honorable mention to Ben Chiarot and newcomer tronna whipping boy Justin Holl

There should be some fun surprises though. Watch somebody like Compher or Petry straight up suck. 

5 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

It's Joe Veleno by a mile

Honorable mention to Ben Chiarot and newcomer tronna whipping boy Justin Holl

There should be some fun surprises though. Watch somebody like Compher or Petry straight up suck. 

God I hope not this place will self destruct.....

16 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Thank you for the permission to discuss something on a discussion board.

'Discuss' is a word doing some heavy lifting there.

In all fairness, it's pretty probable that this site was down during these rumors, as it pretty frequently went down for weeks at a time back then. Especially when something big was coming up... like a draft.