• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bIueadams

If there was no lottery...

Rate this topic

If we simply drafted based on finishing order - assuming all players still got drafted in the same order

1. Colorado - Nico Hischier
2. Vancouver - Nolan Patrick
3. Arizona - Miro Heiskanen
4. New Jersey - Cale Makar
5. Buffalo - Elias Pettersson
6. Detroit - Cody Glass
7. Dallas - Lias Andersson
8. Florida - Casey Mittelstadt
9. Los Angeles - Michael Rasmussen

1. Buffalo - Rasmus Dahlin
2. Ottawa - Andrei Svechnikov
3. Arizona - Jesper Kotkaniemi
4. Montreal - Brady Tkachuk
5. Detroit - Barrett Hayton
6. Vancouver - Filip Zadina

1. Ottawa - Jack Hughes
2. Los Angeles - Kaapo Kakko
3. New Jersey - Kirby Dach
4. Detroit - Bowen Byram
5. Buffalo - Alex Turcotte
6. NYR - Moritz Seider

1. Detroit - Alexis Lafreniere
2. Ottawa - Quinton Byfield
3. San Jose - Tim Stutzle
4. Los Angeles - Lucas Raymond

2021 (Not including Seattle expansion)
1. Buffalo - Owen Power
2. Anaheim - Matty Beniers
3. New Jersey - Mason McTavish
4. Columbus - Luke Hughes
5. Detroit - Kent Johnson
6. San Jose - Simon Edvinsson

2022 and 2023 no movement, so we still get Kasper, Danielson, and ASP

IDK why I did this or what my point is.

4 hours ago, bIueadams said:

If we simply drafted based on finishing order - assuming all players still got drafted in the same order

1. Colorado - Nico Hischier
2. Vancouver - Nolan Patrick
3. Arizona - Miro Heiskanen
4. New Jersey - Cale Makar
5. Buffalo - Elias Pettersson
6. Detroit - Cody Glass
7. Dallas - Lias Andersson
8. Florida - Casey Mittelstadt
9. Los Angeles - Michael Rasmussen

1. Buffalo - Rasmus Dahlin
2. Ottawa - Andrei Svechnikov
3. Arizona - Jesper Kotkaniemi
4. Montreal - Brady Tkachuk
5. Detroit - Barrett Hayton
6. Vancouver - Filip Zadina

1. Ottawa - Jack Hughes
2. Los Angeles - Kaapo Kakko
3. New Jersey - Kirby Dach
4. Detroit - Bowen Byram
5. Buffalo - Alex Turcotte
6. NYR - Moritz Seider

1. Detroit - Alexis Lafreniere
2. Ottawa - Quinton Byfield
3. San Jose - Tim Stutzle
4. Los Angeles - Lucas Raymond

2021 (Not including Seattle expansion)
1. Buffalo - Owen Power
2. Anaheim - Matty Beniers
3. New Jersey - Mason McTavish
4. Columbus - Luke Hughes
5. Detroit - Kent Johnson
6. San Jose - Simon Edvinsson

2022 and 2023 no movement, so we still get Kasper, Danielson, and ASP

IDK why I did this or what my point is.

oof.  we kinda seem to be similar.  testament to Stevie.

2017: Whatever. Missing out on Makar, Heiskanen, and Pettersson no matter what

2018: We all know what could have been here had Holland not been golfing

2019: SEIDER! nough said. Dodged a huuuuuuge bullet here (Hughes aside) by not picking any of those losers in range 2-5. Kudos to Larkin, AA, and Bert for going on a rampage late in the season to put us in the 6 spot. 

2020: This one hurts. I think Y wanted Stutzle. Would have been incredible to grab him

2021: tbd

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

2017: Whatever. Missing out on Makar, Heiskanen, and Pettersson no matter what

2018: We all know what could have been here had Holland not been golfing

2019: SEIDER! nough said. Dodged a huuuuuuge bullet here (Hughes aside) by not picking any of those losers in range 2-5. Kudos to Larkin, AA, and Bert for going on a rampage late in the season to put us in the 6 spot. 

2020: This one hurts. I think Y wanted Stutzle. Would have been incredible to grab him

2021: tbd

No way Yzerman drafts anyone but Lafreniere first.  He was a consensus top pick.  

14 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

No way Yzerman drafts anyone but Lafreniere first.  He was a consensus top pick.  

agreed.  And he's 22 now.  I think people are giving up on him WAY too early.  The Rags have asked him to shore up the 2nd and 3rd line LW spot.  Even the best LW that isnt on thr top line only gets about 45 points.  It's not a coincidence that the Rangers have gotten better as a team and their playoff pushes have gone on longer in the last couple of years.  I find it comical that he gets treated like Zadina by most fans.  He's nowhere near a bust.  Just hasnt gotten the starring role yet.

16 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Do you really think Yzerman gives a s*** about that?

Having said that, if he DID take Laf, at least he'd have been developed properly and not thrown to the wolves. 

Edited by marcaractac

1 hour ago, marcaractac said:

Do you really think Yzerman gives a s*** about that?

Having said that, if he DID take Laf, at least he'd have been developed properly and not thrown to the wolves. 

AGAIN - 22 years old, scoring a point every other game with middle 6 minutes.  This guy is the most undervalued player in the league right now.  You guys are going to hate Lucas Raymond after this year, I think.  When a scoring winger gets 1 minute of pp time each night and none off faceoffs in the offensive zone with the first line center, you know what happens to that scoring winger?  They dont score is what happens.  Lafrenier is going to be a 70-80 pt left winger when he starts getting the top line minutes.  That might not happen for another 3-4 years, tho.  The Rags have 27 mil locked up in Panarin, Zibanijad, abd Kreider as their top line for the next 3 years.  Those guys are going to chew up the good minutes.  Lafrenier will work his way up to play over Kakko with Trochek and Chytl on the 2nd line and score 45-50 pts this season.  He turns 22 years old in October.  His "development" is doing just fine.  I love how Red Wings fans think the Red Wings have some master player development program in place.  I think our strength training program and player development is pitiful, tbh.  Michigan Football has a great development program.  Harbaugh turns boys into men rapidly.  The Red Wings only turn boys with zits into boys with less zits.

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

AGAIN - 22 years old, scoring a point every other game with middle 6 minutes.  This guy is the most undervalued player in the league right now.  You guys are going to hate Lucas Raymond after this year, I think.  When a scoring winger gets 1 minute of pp time each night and none off faceoffs in the offensive zone with the first line center, you know what happens to that scoring winger?  They dont score is what happens.  Lafrenier is going to be a 70-80 pt left winger when he starts getting the top line minutes.  That might not happen for another 3-4 years, tho.  The Rags have 27 mil locked up in Panarin, Zibanijad, abd Kreider as their top line for the next 3 years.  Those guys are going to chew up the good minutes.  Lafrenier will work his way up to play over Kakko with Trochek and Chytl on the 2nd line and score 45-50 pts this season.  He turns 22 years old in October.  His "development" is doing just fine.  I love how Red Wings fans think the Red Wings have some master player development program in place.  I think our strength training program and player development is pitiful, tbh.  Michigan Football has a great development program.  Harbaugh turns boys into men rapidly.  The Red Wings only turn boys with zits into boys with less zits.

What does this rant have to do with me? When have I ever trashed Laf? I've always been the one saying Yzerman should trade for him if he ever became available, as his name ends up in trade rumors semi-regularly. I know he will be a ppg winger. He'd likely already be there if the Rags weren't such a travesty at developing young players. Their own fans acknowledge this. 

To act as if the Rags have competent development is laughable at best. The Wings have their prospects work their way up and earn ice time. It isn't gifted to them. And rightfully so. 

If the Wings drafted Laf he'd either produce in a top 6 role right away, or he'd be sent down to keep working on his game until he could. He would not be wasted on a fourth line as a struggling 18-year-old. 

18 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Why Stutzle though?

Have you seen him play? He´s exactly what SY was looking for. Skilled, fast, tenacious two way center. Add a year of pro experience before the draft and the possibility to play him straight away in GR. 

I dunno guys, SY has generally (Raymond and ASP being the exceptions) stayed away from smallish, skill, players in favor of bigger guys with great athleticism at the top of the draft. Every year all the know-it-alls tell us that he's going to draft Zegras, or Eklund, or Savoie, or Rossi, or Benson, etc. and every single year he takes a big athletic dude. Seider, Edvinsson, Kasper, Danielson, Cossa, Wallinder. I don't think it's a guarantee that he'd have taken Stutzle. I could easily see him taking Byfield in that draft. We're all sleeping on him because Stutzle and Raymond have turned out really well, but in his draft year Byfield was regularly discussed as being the guy to take the top spot from Lafreniere.

Edited by kipwinger

3 hours ago, marcaractac said:

What does this rant have to do with me? When have I ever trashed Laf? I've always been the one saying Yzerman should trade for him if he ever became available, as his name ends up in trade rumors semi-regularly. I know he will be a ppg winger. He'd likely already be there if the Rags weren't such a travesty at developing young players. Their own fans acknowledge this. 

To act as if the Rags have competent development is laughable at best. The Wings have their prospects work their way up and earn ice time. It isn't gifted to them. And rightfully so. 

If the Wings drafted Laf he'd either produce in a top 6 role right away, or he'd be sent down to keep working on his game until he could. He would not be wasted on a fourth line as a struggling 18-year-old. 

Im stating that the notion that Lafrenier needed to be "developed" properly - which IS what you implied - to me is laughable.  He just needs 20 minutes a night on the 1st line and 1st pp.  The whole Ken Holland over-ripening thing has been engrained into Wings Fans' brains, and they cant get it out for some reason.  There are players who need development (usually 2nd rounders and back), and there are players that just need ice time and standard maturation (usually 1st rounders).  

5 hours ago, ely s said:

Have you seen him play? He´s exactly what SY was looking for. Skilled, fast, tenacious two way center. Add a year of pro experience before the draft and the possibility to play him straight away in GR. 

When did SY say he was looking for that?

On 8/18/2023 at 3:26 PM, Jonas Mahonas said:

Im stating that the notion that Lafrenier needed to be "developed" properly - which IS what you implied - to me is laughable.  He just needs 20 minutes a night on the 1st line and 1st pp.  The whole Ken Holland over-ripening thing has been engrained into Wings Fans' brains, and they cant get it out for some reason.  There are players who need development (usually 2nd rounders and back), and there are players that just need ice time and standard maturation (usually 1st rounders).  

You clearly did not watch him in his first season when he looked like a deer in headlights. More ice time doesn't fix that. Development does. 

The NHL is not a developmental league. You don’t just put guys in the NHL and tell them to learn, especially in top line roles, it doesn’t work. Imagine if, on your first day of a new job, your boss told you that you’d be evaluated based on how you perform against the very best people in your field over the course of 82, one hour long, competitions. You’d be f*cked. 

“Our scouts said you need to work on your faceoffs kid, well tonight you get to practice against Ryan O’Reilly. Don’t worry though, you’ve got Alexander Barkov and Patrice Bergeron later this week if that doesn’t go well for you. We’ll check back in at the end of the month and let you know if you’re meeting the standard your 20 minutes a night justifies”.

On 8/17/2023 at 2:57 PM, GMRwings1983 said:

Rumor has it that Wings were taking Stutzle if they picked first. Based on Yzermans draft history, I dont know why this would be surprising.

On 8/17/2023 at 3:53 PM, bIueadams said:

Why Stutzle though?

Germany Flag GIF - Germany Flag GIFs
Edited by Axl Foley

1 hour ago, bIueadams said:

Oh yeah? A rumor started by you and @ely s 3 years after the fact?

Unfortunately some idiot tends to make sure threads get deleted and posts are gone. But yeah we started that rumor three years later...

On 8/18/2023 at 10:08 PM, bIueadams said:

When did SY say he was looking for that? 

When did I say he said that?

We needed a center, Yzerman was in Germany watching him a few times and at the time I had seen a few of his draft year games and compared his defensive play to Datsyuk´s. With Yzerman´s "love" for european prospects that makes me wonder if Yzerman would have taken Stützle even with a first pick. Take a look at Kasper and Danielson and I think a have a point. To me it was quite obvious that we needed a Stützle more than a Raymond. Lafreniere is not a center and Byfield is a bit Mantha like, overblown numbers in juniors through their size. That makes me believe that SY would have taken Stützle even 1oa.

And a 1-2 combo of Larkin and Stützle would have been real nice

5 hours ago, ely s said:

Unfortunately some idiot tends to make sure threads get deleted and posts are gone. But yeah we started that rumor three years later...

When did I say he said that?

We needed a center, Yzerman was in Germany watching him a few times and at the time I had seen a few of his draft year games and compared his defensive play to Datsyuk´s. With Yzerman´s "love" for european prospects that makes me wonder if Yzerman would have taken Stützle even with a first pick. Take a look at Kasper and Danielson and I think a have a point. To me it was quite obvious that we needed a Stützle more than a Raymond. Lafreniere is not a center and Byfield is a bit Mantha like, overblown numbers in juniors through their size. That makes me believe that SY would have taken Stützle even 1oa.

And a 1-2 combo of Larkin and Stützle would have been real nice

This isnt a rumor, this is crap your making up in your head lol

10 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

This isnt a rumor, this is crap your making up in your head lol

thank god that you spare us all the bullsh#t which is going through your head and keep twisting stuff your way.

Did it ever cross your mind, that you have a big part in this place being quieter? I don´t know what you think who you are or how you can treat people on the internet. Either your parents never told you or your life must be total crap that you behave like you do, but normal looks different to me.