• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kipwinger

GDT: Red Wings @ Blue Jackets 7:00pm

Rate this topic

Pretty awesome to be making GDTs for a Red Wings season I'm actually excited about. This will be a fun game. Columbus is a very very beatable team but they've got enough individual skill to really test our defensive systems if we aren't sharp. Plus it's a first look at Fantilli, who somehow fell to 3rd overall in a draft that still makes no sense to me. I'll update with the lineup when it's posted. LGW!!

635677272071511282-030.JPG

"They could have DIC PICS" he thought. "Ive never checked their phones. They all could have DIC PICS". The cool wind felt good under the brim of his fedora. "I HATE DIC PICS" he thought. Don't Stop Believing reverberated the entire stadium, making it pulsate even as the $9 coffee circulated through his powerful thick veins and washed away his (merited) fear of phalic photographs on his players cell phones. "As a coach you can do anything" he said to himself, out loud.

Edited by bIueadams

Call me crazy but beating a sleepy CBJ team on the road on a Monday might be a bigger test for this team than winning a jacked-up Saturday night home opener against a regressing TB team.

THIS is the type of game where I'm waiting to see if the Wings are focused and detailed enough to win. 

59 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Call me crazy but beating a sleepy CBJ team on the road on a Monday might be a bigger test for this team than winning a jacked-up Saturday night home opener against a regressing TB team.

THIS is the type of game where I'm waiting to see if the Wings are focused and detailed enough to win. 

Agreed. This has "trap game" written all over it. It's a game the Wings probably expect to win, but the BJs have a ton of talent at all positions and we're going to have to stay focused and come into the game ready to play against some really good players. This is the type of game you want to see your role guys step up and lead the way. I'm looking for a big game from Walman, Ras, Compher, Copp.

4 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Totally agree!   This is a CBJ team that is up and coming, young and will test us.  They are kind of NJ lite,  so it will be interesting to see how our D has hopefully adjusted.

14 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Yeah, they could be real good someday. If, you know, they weren’t the Columbus Blue Jackets. 

Imagine being drafted by them. I would play for pretty much anyteam but with muh jackies id go full lindros mode.

Imagine then choosing to play there... johnnyyyyyy johnnnyyyy

23 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

maybe our guys (Edvinsson excluded) should play ******* better then

No theres an ongoing conspiracy to suppress our prospects since the 90s that has been passed from Holland to Yzerman. Its the only possible answer.

Just tuning in, which one of these dumb old vet fuqs scored?

COMING UP NEXT: The Chicago Rapehawks take on the Tronna Maple Laughs

And introducing, Connor Bedard cam! Follow Connor's every stride as we talk over the game about none other than CONOR BEDARD!