• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bIueadams

2024 TDL Thread

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

looks like another deadline of media ghouls making shiddd up for clicks. 

Vatrano, Dowd, Buchnevich, Chyrchun, Markstrom, Dumba. Going NOWHERE

This was far and away the stupidest deadline I've ever seen.

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

True, They do have another 17 or 18 years until Kasper is ready. 

To be serious. Selling ghost and sprong plus would not have disrupted this teams future progress beyond the next few months, and wouldve stocked the cupboards even more. But now we will get 5or6 games of payoffs and then let them walk for nothing. EXCELLENT MANAGING.

No one was prob getting what they wanted for said assets so took their ball and went home sort of thing. 

If SY was actually shopping his assetts we would have heard some kind of rumor through another team.

2 minutes ago, Troy McClure said:

To be serious. Selling ghost and sprong plus would not have disrupted this teams future progress beyond the next few months, and wouldve stocked the cupboards even more. But now we will get 5or6 games of payoffs and then let them walk for nothing. EXCELLENT MANAGING.

True. But how easy were those guys to acquire? Not like we'd be losing Johnny Hockey. Sacrifice these pleebs to the gods just to see what Seider and Raymond and RAS got in them down the homestretch. 

True. But how easy were those guys to acquire? Not like we'd be losing Johnny Hockey. Sacrifice these pleebs to the gods just to see what Seider and Raymond and RAS got in them down the homestretch. 

I'm fine with it. I just hate the idea of complete inaction on a meta physical level. 

Not if it was ANaheim or St Louis. 

Lets be honest - If SY stood pat it's cause he chose too, not cause he couldn't find a deal. The mans been a killer. 

I think there's an argument to be made for standing pat, but if we go on a slide because we don't have a competent center at the top of the lineup then that decision becomes a lot less tenable. We're in a battle for the playoffs right now and it would be a big screwup to both not sell AND miss the playoffs because you didn't shore up a position of need.

Edited by kipwinger

3 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I think there's an argument to be made for standing pat, but if we go on a slide because we don't have a competent center at the top of the lineup then that decision becomes a lot less tenable. We're in a battle for the playoffs right now and it would be a big missed screwup to both not sell AND miss the playoffs because you didn't shore up a position of need.

Ah the old Legwandish argument tactic

If we miss and didn't sell, you're going to be in for a rough summer with me on this board becoming completely unhinged. 

5 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Hertl to Vegas...

wow

Vegas is just gonna rake everyone I guess

Just now, Troy McClure said:

Ah the old Legwandish argument tactic

If we miss and didn't sell, you're going to be in for a rough summer with me on this board becoming completely unhinged. 

Kinda Legwandish, but not really. We gave up a top organizational prospect for him (Jarnkrok) at the time. I'm not suggesting that. But I'd have given serious consideration to Johansen or Kuznetsov considering the low asking price. Again, you could turn around and waive them in a few weeks if you don't really want them. Their salaries are low enough that it wouldn't have hurt us in any meaningful way.

4 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Kinda Legwandish, but not really. We gave up a top organizational prospect for him (Jarnkrok) at the time. I'm not suggesting that. But I'd have given serious consideration to Johansen or Kuznetsov considering the low asking price. Again, you could turn around and waive them in a few weeks if you don't really want them. Their salaries are low enough that it wouldn't have hurt us in any meaningful way.

I think we can agree this TDL was not the height  ofYzerman's creativity. I would've welcomed Kuzy for a 7th as an experiment. Something something miyagi quote about inaction. 

Edited by Troy McClure

Just now, Troy McClure said:

I think we can agree this TDL was not the height  ofYzerman's creativity. I would've welcomed Kuzy for a 7th as an experiment. Something something miyagi quote about inaction. 

Agreed, and it's not like SY has shown an unwillingness to gamble on substance abusers from Washington.

4 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Agreed, and it's not like SY has shown an unwillingness to gamble on substance abusers from Washington.

I was very surprised to see Canes gamble on him. But I guess they have been more open door with TDA and giving guys chances.

Some probably disagree, but I respect Kuzy more for liking cocaine, then I do Johansen for just being a lazy fuq for no reason. 

8 minutes ago, Troy McClure said:

I was very surprised to see Canes gamble on him. But I guess they have been more open door with TDA and giving guys chances.

Some probably disagree, but I respect Kuzy more for liking cocaine, then I do Johansen for just being a lazy fuq for no reason. 

I think they both suck, but we need a center that could maybe score one day. We have exactly one of those guys and he's on IR. In Larkin's absence we have 4 centers that will combine for less than 100 points this year and 17 wingers who are less than 6 feet tall and are best described as "heady" and "creative".

Meanwhile, we've got Tampa and the Islanders breathing down our necks. Woohoo.

Edit: Also, don't get ahead of yourself. There's absolutely no reason to think that Ryan Johansen doesn't also like cocaine. I'm 100% sure he'd like it if he tried it anyway.

Edited by kipwinger

Kept hitting refresh on tsn webpage then realized Kostin going away was our big move. 

Underwhelming for sure.....

To put a positive spin as i put on my red colored shades. 

Showing this much confidence in the group will inspire them to come out huge till the end of the season. 

1 minute ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Kept hitting refresh on tsn webpage then realized Kostin going away was our big move. 

Underwhelming for sure.....

To put a positive spin as i put on my red colored shades. 

Showing this much confidence in the group will inspire them to come out huge till the end of the season. 

Yes - just remains to be seen...