• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Troy McClure

The Yzerplan The Vision Becoming Minnesota Repeating History Help 9/11

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Troy McClure said:

Another target for the offseason: RHD, 29 yo, LAK, michigan native, Matt Roy

Kings fans dont think theyll be able to re-sign him. Plays very much like a Walman.

Create a top4 of Seider, Walman, Chiarot, and Roy, with Edvinsson jumping in on occasion. 

SY is probably going to keep Petry and buyout Holl unless a coaching change is made, which I think is unlikely. So round out the bottom pairing with Ed and Petry, with Maata as the 7th.

Chiarot?  Are you still on this guy's p e n I s the same way YzerSCAM and LaDUMB are?  Jesus already.  

31 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

Chiarot?  Are you still on this guy's p e n I s the same way YzerSCAM and LaDUMB are?  Jesus already.  

Yeah Chiarot has earned his keep this season

BSome pro Derek spin:

My jimmies were hella rustled like a week ago when he played Petry more minutes than Seider in yet another embarrassing loss. However, Seider was playing hurt the other night against the Caps. Maybe it was a similar situation last week too. 

And Ive been hella critical of his use of Petry in general. However, maybe this is just a coach making the most of a bad situation?

The only alternative to Petry on the right hand side is Holl. Holl was a hated Pylon in Toronto, and Derek will hardly ever play him. Sucks that Petry isnt very good, but Derek is just playing the better of two bad Dmen. Hard to fault him for that. 

Ive also been mad that he asked SY to trade for Petry. However, I think we have to realize that SY went out and delivered him a terrible Dman in Holl, and unhappy about it, Derek saw an oppurtunity to get something (hopefully) better in Petry. 

What Im trying to say is that this is all mostly Yzermans fault. Its been an uncharacteristically kinda not good season for the captain. 

The good = JTC was an awesome signing.

The good, but how much credit should he get? = Dcat trade was awesome, but it also just fell into his lap. And that helped lead to the Kane signing, so in a way that too also fell into his lap (Kane has also said Derek was very involved in getting him to sign).

The bad = the Holl signing is egregious. That much money and that much term for a 7th dman? BAD. 1 year later and hes going to have to give up picks or use a buyout to get out from under that contract. 

More bad = the Kostin trades were terrible. Eating salary on two different players for a 7th. Not good.

Even more bad = being hopeful enough not to sell, but not hopeful enough to buy, at the TDL was fence sitting regardation. Instead of picking a clear direction for his team, now were just mildly fuqqed from both angles. Medicority at its finest. The only thing worse than being bad in a league that rewards teams for being bad, is being perpetually not good enough to make the playoffs or draft a difference maker. Cursed cycle of medicority. 

Still more bad = Another failed goalie in Husso. Searching for another goalie every summer has gotten ridiculous at this point. And this one we might have to buyout. Not good.

SY has to solve the Holl problem effectively this summer or my "trust in the plan" will be damaged. IMO its probably the biggest mistake of his tenure thus far. 

Edited by Troy McClure

2024-25:

Chiarot - 4.75 

Petry - 2.25

Holl - 3.5

Husso - 4.75

Fabbri - 4

19.25 Million of TRASH.

2025-26:

Chiarot - 4.75

Holl - 3.5

8.25 Million of TRASH.

So far, I like my idea best that I presented yesterday.

Let go of Perron, Sprong, Gost, and Fischer.

Trade Fabbri, Husso, and a 2026 2nd to the Sharks for future considerations

Sign Kane and Stammer.

Convert Petry and Chiarot to 4th line forwards.

I'm nowhere near as down on Holl as you are Colin.  Stats show he's been relatively good this year, validating my eyeball test.  There are 2 guys that consistently show up on the ice EVERY SINGLE TIME the opponent is cycling in our zone for a prolonged period.  Chiarot and Petry.  It's always Chiarot and Petry.  Seider-Walman - puck comes in, puck goes out.  Maatta-Holl/Gost - puck comes in, puck goes out.  Chiarot and/or Petry - puck comes in, we give up a great shot, we get stressed and ice the puck (why both have high D zone start percentages), we get a penalty, we get scored on.  Watch tonight.  Last time we played the Pens, they turned Chiarot into a permanent post.  Not even a moveable pylon.  WATCH THE GAME TONIGHT, COLIN.  FOCUS ON #8 AND #46.  

And Chiarot and Petry's poor advanced stats are not because Lalonde is CHOOSING to start the 2 in the D zone because he thinks they're so good defensively.  They're because we have to ice the puck or have our goalie stop it a lot more frequently when those 2 are on the ice.  

52 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

2024-25:

Chiarot - 4.75 

Petry - 2.25

Holl - 3.5

Husso - 4.75

Fabbri - 4

19.25 Million of TRASH.

2025-26:

Chiarot - 4.75

Holl - 3.5

8.25 Million of TRASH.

So far, I like my idea best that I presented yesterday.

Let go of Perron, Sprong, Gost, and Fischer.

Trade Fabbri, Husso, and a 2026 2nd to the Sharks for future considerations

Sign Kane and Stammer.

Convert Petry and Chiarot to 4th line forwards.

I'm nowhere near as down on Holl as you are Colin.  Stats show he's been relatively good this year, validating my eyeball test.  There are 2 guys that consistently show up on the ice EVERY SINGLE TIME the opponent is cycling in our zone for a prolonged period.  Chiarot and Petry.  It's always Chiarot and Petry.  Seider-Walman - puck comes in, puck goes out.  Maatta-Holl/Gost - puck comes in, puck goes out.  Chiarot and/or Petry - puck comes in, we give up a great shot, we get stressed and ice the puck (why both have high D zone start percentages), we get a penalty, we get scored on.  Watch tonight.  Last time we played the Pens, they turned Chiarot into a permanent post.  Not even a moveable pylon.  WATCH THE GAME TONIGHT, COLIN.  FOCUS ON #8 AND #46.  

And Chiarot and Petry's poor advanced stats are not because Lalonde is CHOOSING to start the 2 in the D zone because he thinks they're so good defensively.  They're because we have to ice the puck or have our goalie stop it a lot more frequently when those 2 are on the ice.  

Muh oilers dont play tonight, so maybe ill watch. But ill probably just statwatch and base all my opinions on that instead.

Chia and Petry get the least amount of O-zone starts on the team. Maybe after we convert them into forwards we should start them there more?

2 hours ago, Troy McClure said:

Muh oilers dont play tonight, so maybe ill watch. But ill probably just statwatch and base all my opinions on that instead.

Chia and Petry get the least amount of O-zone starts on the team. Maybe after we convert them into forwards we should start them there more?

Read my last paragraph again, oh bearded one!

Remember when Holland got us Dallas Drake in 08?  That was a prudent maneuver.  That's the last good pickup the Wings have made.