• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Troy McClure

The Yzerplan The Vision Becoming Minnesota Repeating History Help 9/11

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

The failure of Yzerman at the deadline is not unwinding the problems that we are going to carry over into next season (Fabbri, Chiarot, Petry, Holl, Husso).  19 million of TRASH.  And we're on the hook for 16 million of that TRASH in 2025 as well.  Starting a season with close to 1/4 of your cap room tied up in players that don't help the team is ABSURD.  Nobody should fault Yzerman for coming up craps on signings.  That happens.  You CAN, however fault him for compounding mistakes due to pride, lack of ability, etc.  The writing has been on the wall for all of these TRASH players for the entire season.  The Red Wings should have had a fire sale at the deadline.  Not only to clear TRASH for upcoming seasons, but to give us room to bring up more helpful players for a playoff push (Edvinsson, Johansson, Berggren, etc.).  Yzerman is going to get less return at the draft, but he has to suck it up then and take the bullets.  If we enter 2024 with 19 million of TRASH, don't expect us to look any better.  Our missing 1B center (Stamkos) could get 12 of that 19 million and shore up a gap that has plagued the team for a while.

Watch Yzerman pull a 'Mantha' and trade DeBrincat to Chicago this summer...And Kane signs a team friendly 2 year deal with the Hawks,

Edited by Motor City Mullets

52 minutes ago, Motor City Mullets said:

Watch Yzerman pull a 'Mantha' and trade DeBrincat to Chicago this summer...And Kane signs a team friendly 2 year deal with the Hawks,

Debrincat needs to stop floating and work out with Raymond this summer.  Sick of watching his weak puck control.  Lot of cheddar for a guy who can't dominate possession.

1 minute ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

Debrincat needs to stop floating and work out with Raymond this summer.  Sick of watching his weak puck control.  Lot of cheddar for a guy who can't dominate possession.

Well...He is a classic diminutive scoring winger...Unless he's creating offense...............

Blow this team up.

Fire lalonde

Trade debrincat

Trade fabbri

Trade maata

Buyout husso

Buyout petry

Let kane walk (so long extra 2nd)

Let ghost walk (so long extra 3rd)

Let sprong walk (so long extra 4th)

Let perron walk (so long extra 4th)

The Yzerplan is cooked. 5 years and no playoffs. 5 years and only 2 draft picks graduated. 5 years and the goalie carousel is still spinning. 5 years and back to talking about buyouts. 

And we will be worse next year lol. 

15 hours ago, Troy McClure said:

Blow this team up.

Fire lalonde

Trade debrincat

Trade fabbri

Trade maata

Buyout husso

Buyout petry

The Yzerplan is cooked. 5 years and no playoffs. 5 years and only 2 draft picks graduated. 5 years and the goalie carousel is still spinning. 5 years and back to talking about buyouts. 

and there is a generational talent we can scoop up if we win the lottery next year?

15 hours ago, Troy McClure said:

Blow this team up.

Fire lalonde

Trade debrincat

Trade fabbri

Trade maata

Buyout husso

Buyout petry

Chiarot, Fabbri, Husso contracts for 2 more years.  13 mil of GARBAGE TRASH.  Nothing against these players personally.  All my ire goes to Yzerturd.  His pride is annoying.

21 hours ago, Troy McClure said:

Blow this team up.

Fire lalonde

Trade debrincat

Trade fabbri

Trade maata

Buyout husso

Buyout petry

You do realize that it basically took Yzerman two years to unload Hollands trash right? So it's basically only been 3 years that Yzerman has been able to run the team his way. And losing basically trash picks that have less than 5% of ever making the NHL is no big deal.

16 hours ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

You do realize that it basically took Yzerman two years to unload Hollands trash right? So it's basically only been 3 years that Yzerman has been able to run the team his way.

Found the planner

Holland began the rebuild b4 yzerman was even here. Just cause there were still bad contracts on the books doesnt mean anything. Now Yzerman has his own bad contracts.

16 hours ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

And losing basically trash picks that have less than 5% of ever making the NHL is no big deal.

Trash picks? Less than 5%? 

Time for school

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dobberprospects.com/2020/05/16/nhl-draft-pick-probabilities/amp/

2nd round: 34%

3rd: 27%

4th: 22%

Even 7th round picks have a 10-11% chance of producing an NHL player. So your "less than 5%" is coming straight from your ass. 

Adding 4 more picks in the first 4 rounds would have been huge. 

2 hours ago, Troy McClure said:

Found the planner

Holland began the rebuild b4 yzerman was even here. Just cause there were still bad contracts on the books doesnt mean anything. Now Yzerman has his own bad contracts.

Trash picks? Less than 5%? 

Time for school

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dobberprospects.com/2020/05/16/nhl-draft-pick-probabilities/amp/

2nd round: 34%

3rd: 27%

4th: 22%

Even 7th round picks have a 10-11% chance of producing an NHL player. So your "less than 5%" is coming straight from your ass. 

Adding 4 more picks in the first 4 rounds would have been huge. 

It's not even the picks that matter.  It's that the TRASH needed to be taken out.

LEFTYplan, bottom line.

Acquire TWO top 6 defensemen (under 30) via trade at the draft. 1st round picks, prospects in play. Acquire a top 6 forward talent via trade or UFA. LEGIT top 6 league wide. Cut lose all UFA'S not named Kane or Fischer. Get Perron on the staff, and get Fedorov on the coaching staff, he IS available. Trade Fabbri, Holl, Chiarot, even Veleno and Rasmussen if need be. Buyout Petry and Husso. Or just waive them come October and deal with the salary implications if not claimed. Fill the rest of the roster from GR. Edvinsson, Cossa, Mazur, Johansson. 

Edited by LeftWinger

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

LEFTYplan, bottom line.

Acquire TWO top 6 defensemen (under 30) via trade at the draft. 1st round picks, prospects in play. Acquire a top 6 forward talent via trade or UFA. LEGIT top 6 league wide. Cut lose all UFA'S not named Kane or Fischer. Get Perron on the staff, and get Fedorov on the coaching staff, he IS available. Trade Fabbri, Holl, Chiarot, even Veleno and Rasmussen if need be. Buyout Petry and Husso. Or just waive them come October and deal with the salary implications if not claimed. Fill the rest of the roster from GR. Edvinsson, Cossa, Mazur, Johansson. 

I'm behind this.  EXACTLY THIS.

12 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

LEFTYplan, bottom line.

9 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

I'm behind this.  EXACTLY THIS.

Sometimes we bicker, but  I absolutely love when the three of us are on point. Notice the opposition crickets yet?

5 hours ago, Troy McClure said:

Sometimes we bicker, but  I absolutely love when the three of us are on point. Notice the opposition crickets yet?

I'm pretty much just saying that if dealing this years 1st and next years 1st (with other parts of course) would upgrade the D with maybe the likes of Chychrun and Andersson for example then you do it. If you want a veteran D as well, then make a deal for someone like Fowler. I'm at the point where the only D I wanna see come back are Walman and Seider. Add the mentioned three to those 2 and promote within? Expensive yes, but very doable. Or if you wanted to skip 32 year old Fowler and throw a ton of money at Hanifin. I realize this is a NHL EASports scenario of acquiring this much talent, but something drastic definitely needs to be done.

The G idea and forward idea are very doable. 

Trading two 1sts is expensive, but it is probably necessary to do at this point in the rebuild. We can't keep drafting high and waiting 3 or 4 years each time we do. It's Time to trade for some talent. 

Jeff Marek was a guest this morning on Sirius XM NHL Radio - made a comment about how Yzerman trading for DeBrincat and signing Kane was a move with intention of making the playoffs…If the Wings fail making the postseason - Lalonde may likely not see his 3rd season behind the bench.

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I'm pretty much just saying that if dealing this years 1st and next years 1st (with other parts of course) would upgrade the D with maybe the likes of Chychrun and Andersson for example then you do it. If you want a veteran D as well, then make a deal for someone like Fowler. I'm at the point where the only D I wanna see come back are Walman and Seider. Add the mentioned three to those 2 and promote within? Expensive yes, but very doable. Or if you wanted to skip 32 year old Fowler and throw a ton of money at Hanifin. I realize this is a NHL EASports scenario of acquiring this much talent, but something drastic definitely needs to be done.

The G idea and forward idea are very doable. 

Trading two 1sts is expensive, but it is probably necessary to do at this point in the rebuild. We can't keep drafting high and waiting 3 or 4 years each time we do. It's Time to trade for some talent. 

I certainly wont complain if Stevie swings at moves like that. But my preference at the TDL was selling, and i now feel even more strongly about that.

48 minutes ago, Motor City Mullets said:

Jeff Marek was a guest this morning on Sirius XM NHL Radio - made a comment about how Yzerman trading for DeBrincat and signing Kane was a move with intention of making the playoffs…If the Wings fail making the postseason - Lalonde may likely not see his 3rd season behind the bench.

SY looking real stupid doing nothing at the TDL then

1 hour ago, Troy McClure said:

I certainly wont complain if Stevie swings at moves like that. But my preference at the TDL was selling, and i now feel even more strongly about that.

SY looking real stupid doing nothing at the TDL then

This is what Marek's comment referenced to...

https://detroithockeynow.com/2024/04/01/could-cup-winner-be-next-coach-of-red-wings-berube-lalonde-yzerman/

35 minutes ago, Motor City Mullets said:

Berube would make sense since hes already coached Perron, Fabbri, Walman, and Husso. And has a ring. 

Fire Lalonde and Tanguay and bring in Berube and Fedorov.

18 minutes ago, Troy McClure said:

Berube would make sense since hes already coached Perron, Fabbri, Walman, and Husso. And has a ring. 

Fire Lalonde and Tanguay and bring in Berube and Fedorov.

I've always liked the idea if some punk-azz player started talking back to the HC - he'd  lay the smackdown which Berube is certainly capable of.

On 3/29/2024 at 6:11 PM, Troy McClure said:

Blow this team up.

Fire lalonde

Trade debrincat

Trade fabbri

Trade maata

Buyout husso

Buyout petry

You know what else those picks would have been nice for? Attaching say a 3rd to Holl and dumping him on SJS... or Husso... or Petry....

Another target for the offseason: RHD, 29 yo, LAK, michigan native, Matt Roy

Kings fans dont think theyll be able to re-sign him. Plays very much like a Walman.

Create a top4 of Seider, Walman, Chiarot, and Roy, with Edvinsson jumping in on occasion. 

SY is probably going to keep Petry and buyout Holl unless a coaching change is made, which I think is unlikely. So round out the bottom pairing with Ed and Petry, with Maata as the 7th.