• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Troy McClure

The Yzerplan The Vision Becoming Minnesota Repeating History Help 9/11

Rate this topic

2 wins in the last 10 games.

I hope SY truly has some bigger vision here that I don't understand, because we are now 9 years into a rebuild, 5 years of which are Yzermans...

It's starting to become sad in a new way. I still "trust" Yzerman. His tenure has been generally great. You can't really blame him for the goaltending problem as he has he has gone out of his way to address it every year. What I am starting to finally blame him for are the signings like Holl, Chiarot, Perron, Fabbri, Copp, Kubalik, Kane, Maata, Compher, and so on and so forth. I would have argued before that the idea was to build a winning culture, while at the same time doing so by acquiring pieces you can sell every year to accelerate your rebuild through depth of draft picks. But of those names I just listed what are we going to get for them? 3rd rounder at best? I'm sorry but that's not going to move needles. And for worse, now we will be drafting at 10-15 instead of 1-5....

Seriously, the yzerplan has the potential to become a nightmare soon. BUT THE CUPBOARDS ARE FULL NUMBER9!!!. Yea they are full of players like Mazur who might be Bertuzzi, and Lombardi who might be AA, and Berggren who might be Nyquist.

I'm starting to seriously believe we should have run this squad into the ground the last 3 years instead of building up an artificial OKAY team like we have.... 

Yzerman isn't god. He came into Tampa with Marty St. Louis, Stamkos, Lecavellier, and Hedman. He's never faced the immense challenge he is now.

We are now going to be forced to sign Seider and Raymond to huge contracts... So much for exploiting their younger years on cheap deals to push us over the edge. Is Raymond the game breaking forward we needed him to be? Doesn't appear so sadly. He's good, but we drafted a young Perron, not another Zberg or Dats.

But all of this we can get through in time. Especially if we have a good coach. But sadly the worst decision SY has made is Derek. This guy is playing checkers and does not understand his own roster. This is just as bad if not worse than Blash. If SY can move on quickly like with Guy Boucher my faith will be semi restored, but boy he will take some heat from ownership for that failed hire while being already 5 years into his master plan...

You still trust the yzerplan right?

and the real thing I really start to worry about is ownership.... BRING BACK YZERMAN that'll shut the fans up. SIGN KANE that'll shut the fans up. The same crap the Lions and the Pistons have done for years. It works.

I welcome the debate - but i think this team should have sold Larkin along with Hronek and Bertuzzi. Larkin was in their age group and it made sense if you are selling those players. Now Larkin will be in his 30s in a few short years and will be decling...

Maybe we pull off a master stroke and he's the grizzled vet on those future teams. But boi thats quite a long shot right now.

On 12/18/2023 at 5:28 PM, Axl Foley said:

Kane and Ghost arent getting traded.

Nope i see both getting extended, Possibly Sprong as well.

On 12/18/2023 at 12:15 PM, The 91 of Ryans said:

There will be no playoffs

I think we'll be close, But just out of the playoff picture, Around 14th or 15th overall.

3 hours ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

I think we'll be close, But just out of the playoff picture, Around 14th or 15th overall.

If ghost gets extended, Yzerman better make all the necessary moves to make sure there's a spot for Edvinsson

Edited by TLGTrico

13 hours ago, Troy McClure said:

I welcome the debate - but i think this team should have sold Larkin along with Hronek and Bertuzzi. Larkin was in their age group and it made sense if you are selling those players. Now Larkin will be in his 30s in a few short years and will be decling...

Maybe we pull off a master stroke and he's the grizzled vet on those future teams. But boi thats quite a long shot right now.

I am still in the belief had Yzerman gone with a different coach we'd be in a better spot in the standings considering our current roster....Then again you never know since this team doesn't have the talent of a roster such as Toronto/Tampa, nor the physical players of a Vegas/Boston.

4 hours ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

Agreed...We'll be in purgatory for the next handful of seasons.

1 hour ago, Akakabuto said:

Happy Holidays everyone! I would say Merry Christmas but I know some of you hates baby Jesus. 

A-christmas-carol GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

15 hours ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

HOW?

If we re-sign Kane, Ghost, and Sprong for exactly what they are paid now, no raises, we will have literally no money to re-sign Raymond and Seider and Ras and Veleno.

Sprong is almost certainly headed to UFA. After his last two seasons he has a big payday coming his way, and he hasn't made much money yet in his career.

Ghost will almost certainly be replaced by Edvinsson to save money. And Ed is already a better Dman. Ghost is an extra forward.

I would love to keep Kane, but he will have to keep his salary low for us. If he loves playing with Dcat and the gang, I can see that possibly happening. But the former two have been gone this coming summer since we signed them.

Here's the 9er plan gang:

TDL: Perron, Sprong, and Ghost sold. Perron is aging out, Sprong will be looking for a big raise in UFA that we can't afford, and Ghost can't play defense.

UFA:

Released (maybe some re-signed): Reimer, Czarnik, Luff, Hirose, Stevens, Aston-Reese, Hutchinson, Gettinger, Newpower

Re-signed:

• Kane - 5x2
  • Rasmussen - 2x1
  • Berggren - 950K (2 way)
  • Raymond - 5x2
  • Veleno - 2x2
  • Seider - 8x8
  • Johansson 800K (2 way)
  • McIsaac - 800K (2 way)
  • Lethemon - 800K (2 way)

UFAs:

• Stamkos - 7x3

Debrincat - Larkin - Kane
Compher - Stamkos - Raymond
Fabbri - Copp - Rasmussen
Kostin - Veleno - Berggren

Walman - Seider
Edvinsson - Holl
Chiarot - Petry
Maata

Husso
Lyon

This leaves us with approx 1 million left in cap space.

Barring a significant trade, there are very few options to upgrade the net. The upgrade to the D will be Eddogg and to the forwards Stamkos and Berggren. Stammer and Kane will teach the rookies how to win. 

35 minutes ago, Troy McClure said:

TDL: Perron, Sprong, and Ghost sold. Perron is aging out, Sprong will be looking for a big raise in UFA that we can't afford, and Ghost can't play defense.

UFA:

Released (maybe some re-signed): Reimer, Czarnik, Luff, Hirose, Stevens, Aston-Reese, Hutchinson, Gettinger, Newpower

Re-signed:

• Kane - 5x2
  • Rasmussen - 2x1
  • Raymond - 5x2
  • Veleno - 2x2
  • Seider - 8x8
  • Johansson 800K (2 way)
  • McIsaac - 800K (2 way)

UFAs:

• Stamkos - 7x3

Walman - Seider
Edvinsson - Holl
Chiarot - Petry
Maata

Husso
Lyon

Barring a significant trade, there are very few options to upgrade the net. The upgrade to the D will be Eddogg and to the forwards Stamkos and Berggren. Stammer and Kane will teach the rookies how to win. 

This Defense STILL SUCKS.

Seider gets a bridge deal.  5x4 tops.  His numbers arent all that impressive tbh.  He's not any better than he was as a rookie, sadly enough.  Until his corsi for and fenwick for prove that he's keeping the ice level or tilting it against the league's best, there's zero reason to overpay him.  Same goes for Raymond.

The move that needs to be made is Ben Chiarot.  His possession metrics prove what your eyeball sees - we suck when he's on the ice.  He needs to be moved at all costs.  Retain half if needed.

3 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

This Defense STILL SUCKS.

Seider gets a bridge deal.  5x4 tops.  His numbers arent all that impressive tbh.  He's not any better than he was as a rookie, sadly enough.  Until his corsi for and fenwick for prove that he's keeping the ice level or tilting it against the league's best, there's zero reason to overpay him.  Same goes for Raymond.

The move that needs to be made is Ben Chiarot.  His possession metrics prove what your eyeball sees - we suck when he's on the ice.  He needs to be moved at all costs.  Retain half if needed.

5x4 isn't a bridge, A bridge is just the years between the ELC and UFA years. Bridge is 2 or 3 years and 4 years takes him to free agency no thanks. 2 or 3 year at $5M is more like it.

8 hours ago, Troy McClure said:

UFA:

Re-signed:

• Kane - 5x2
  • Rasmussen - 2x1
  • Raymond - 5x2
  • Veleno - 2x2
  • Seider - 8x8
  • Johansson 800K (2 way)
  • McIsaac - 800K (2 way)

UFAs:

• Stamkos - 7x3

Walman - Seider
Edvinsson - Holl
Chiarot - Petry
Maata

Husso
Lyon

Gotta get rid of Petry as well as Husso, we'd have enough cap to pursue another d-man and goalie in free agency. Other than that I love all your moves. I think Stammer gets 4 or 5 years tho FA and it will likely be his last big contract. I think Chiarot as a 5th dman would be fine but you might wanna just buy him out honestly.

5 hours ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

5x4 isn't a bridge, A bridge is just the years between the ELC and UFA years. Bridge is 2 or 3 years and 4 years takes him to free agency no thanks. 2 or 3 year at $5M is more like it.

There's no way Seider signs for less than 7 mil regardless of term. Can't lean to hard on advanced stats this team is soft  and can't forecheck. Not skilled enough to just cycle so how could he have good numbers playing against the leagues best night after night. Constantly being deployed in the d-zone in a trash ass defensive system where everybody sits in front of the goal and doesn't tie up the forwards in front of the net. Dmen constantly leaving there assignment in front of the net to pursue forwards behind the net who are already being covered. Goalies who can't make basic saves yet the guy is only -1 on the season. Cmon boys

24 minutes ago, mackel said:

The Leafs just put Samsonov on waivers, I'd strongly consider claiming him and waiving Reimer. 

He's had a rough season but he's younger and more likely to rebound (forgive the pun)

I don't think he's very good, but I agree that there's a play to be made here. Maybe we claim him, waive Reimer, and keep Samsonov, Husso, and Lyon until the deadline. At that point we can either keep the best two for a playoff run or sell off whichever  is performing best for whatever we can get. Brings us pretty close to our cap limit tho.

5 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I don't think he's very good, but I agree that there's a play to be made here. Maybe we claim him, waive Reimer, and keep Samsonov, Husso, and Lyon until the deadline. At that point we can either keep the best two for a playoff run or sell off whichever  is performing best for whatever we can get. Brings us pretty close to our cap limit tho.

Also worth mentioning the leafs blue line is even s***tier than the wings maybe he can rediscover his game here. He was decent before Toronto 

It just feels like the Leafs are primed for fleecing in a trade doesn't it? They have no defense or goaltending. They also don't have any cap space. And they have to win now. Seems like a team with lots of defenders, lots of goalies, and plenty of cap space should be able to fleece them but I don't know what they have worth acquiring.

29 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

It just feels like the Leafs are primed for fleecing in a trade doesn't it? They have no defense or goaltending. They also don't have any cap space. And they have to win now. Seems like a team with lots of defenders, lots of goalies, and plenty of cap space should be able to fleece them but I don't know what they have worth acquiring.

I like this... we should be willing to retain on all of our tradeable D-men.