No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Troy McClure

3/14 The Revenge Tour Begins GDT - Yotes @ Good Guys - 7PM EST

Rate this topic

Time for blood

Gas gas gas

Dont stop scoring or fighting

Send this faux franchise back to the hellish desert they crawled out of. No city should even exist there. Phoenix is a testement to mans arrogance. Ice hockey in the desert is an abomination to gods will.

And also, hope all the players have fun!

LGRW

38 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Czarnik recalled. In instead of Sprong's lazy azzzz. Good riddance to that one trick pony plug

So 4th line of Berg- Fish - Czar

That should strike fear into them

3 minutes ago, Troy McClure said:

So 4th line of Berg- Fish - Czar

That should strike fear into them

Better to have a 4th line winger who will work hard and at least try to back check vs Sprong who can only cash check. 

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Better to have a 4th line winger who will work hard and at least try to back check vs Sprong who can only cash check. 

Would be nice to have Kostin right now... but im sure that high 7th will turn out to be a rugged bottom 6er in 5 years.

I’ve been keeping my DeBrincat jersey tucked away in the back of my closet since it arrived back in August.  My initial plan was pull it out IF/WHEN we made the playoffs-but it does seem we need the good juju now, so today it’s officially out in the world.

Hot damn this team needs to dig deep and absolutely slaughter the yotes tonight.  

no excuses.  Show up or get the f@$&ing golf clubs out because this is it.  LGRW

6 minutes ago, 13dangledangle said:

I’ve been keeping my DeBrincat jersey tucked away in the back of my closet since it arrived back in August.  My initial plan was pull it out IF/WHEN we made the playoffs-but it does seem we need the good juju now, so today it’s officially out in the world.

Hot damn this team needs to dig deep and absolutely slaughter the yotes tonight.  

no excuses.  Show up or get the f@$&ing golf clubs out because this is it.  LGRW

I specifically jumped on to make this thread this morning. The ju ju has been poo poo since Scott has been making them.

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

did you want SY to sell or not?

I wanted SY to do something

Just now, Troy McClure said:

I specifically jumped on to make this thread this morning. The ju ju has been poo poo since Scott has been making them.

the one thing he did, you're complaining about

26 minutes ago, Troy McClure said:

Scott brings up very valid points though.  Just at this current moment they’re moot because it’s not happening this year, we have who we have.  IF we make the playoffs maybe we will adjust Petry at the very least-but he’s more than right, playing him and Chiarot together is incredibly ridiculous.  I’ve defended Ben all year, but it’s clearly not good.

27 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

the one thing he did, you're complaining about

Yeah because buying out Yamamoto and eating Simek for a 7th is regarded. Rather just keep Kostin down the stretch. 

Either buy some aid or sell our valued pieces.

3 minutes ago, 13dangledangle said:

Scott brings up very valid points though.  Just at this current moment they’re moot because it’s not happening this year, we have who we have.  IF we make the playoffs maybe we will adjust Petry at the very least-but he’s more than right, playing him and Chiarot together is incredibly ridiculous.  I’ve defended Ben all year, but it’s clearly not good.

I still like Ben. Hes been shaky the last few games, but hes been eating big minutes for this team all year. Petry was a mistake, and Ben would be better IMO with a decent partner.

Neither Chiarot nor Petry are especially good defensively. Petry should be a 7th defenseman and Chiarot should be paired with someone who can actually defend. Also, it wouldn't kill Chiarot to actually play physical (with someone other than Raymond) once in a while.

The two most frustrating things about this team's play (not roster construction) are their half-assed passing and their absolute unwillingness to finish a goddamn check. If you're not counted on to score you better be grinding guys down. I have to think that Derek doesn't want guys doing it because there's no other reason why Ras, Veleno, Fischer, Copp, Chiarot, Petry, Maatta, Walman, or Fabbri don't finish checks. It drives me absolutely crazy.

1 hour ago, Troy McClure said:

Would be nice to have Kostin right now... but im sure that high 7th will turn out to be a rugged bottom 6er in 5 years.

We'd be lucky if that 7th ever even plays for the Griffins

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Neither Chiarot nor Petry are especially good defensively. Petry should be a 7th defenseman and Chiarot should be paired with someone who can actually defend. Also, it wouldn't kill Chiarot to actually play physical (with someone other than Raymond) once in a while.

The two most frustrating things about this team's play (not roster construction) are their half-assed passing and their absolute unwillingness to finish a goddamn check. If you're not counted on to score you better be grinding guys down. I have to think that Derek doesn't want guys doing it because there's no other reason why Ras, Veleno, Fischer, Copp, Chiarot, Petry, Maatta, Walman, or Fabbri don't finish checks. It drives me absolutely crazy.

It reminds me of Blash... like we're STILL trying to play like the post-Bowman Wings. PP is our enforcer, subtle interference, possesion oriented, non-physical cutesy euro style, BS. 

We need a coach with the balls to stop trying to ram idealistic systems down the teams throat, and actually come up with something original that maximizes the the strengths of the roster. 

Like im not even surprised Kostin didnt even work out for a full season. But why go out and get guys like that if youre not gonna use them properly anyway. 

My jimmies are starting to get rustled again

I need a win and get into playoffs as I jumped the gun and got tat showing the Wings won the 2024 Stanley cup tat on my chest. Lose this one and I might need to have it lazered off. 

Perhaps the combo of a Scott GDT and the Patch is a sign for the team to be garbage. 

We win and I anoint Troy for future GDTs we lose then F it and we blame the patch. 

Wings pull their heads out of their collective arses get back to basics and win 5 - 1

in last 2 minutes we have a dandy fight between RayRay and Ben giving both a Gordie Hattie

Edited by AtlantaHotWings
lazy english

1 hour ago, Troy McClure said:

It reminds me of Blash... like we're STILL trying to play like the post-Bowman Wings. PP is our enforcer, subtle interference, possesion oriented, non-physical cutesy euro style, BS. 

We need a coach with the balls to stop trying to ram idealistic systems down the teams throat, and actually come up with something original that maximizes the the strengths of the roster. 

Like im not even surprised Kostin didnt even work out for a full season. But why go out and get guys like that if youre not gonna use them properly anyway. 

My jimmies are starting to get rustled again

Agreed. And it's not like we don't have the guys to do it. Sure Raymond, Debrincat, and Kane aren't going to run anyone, but guys like Sprong, Ras, Fischer, Copp, and Veleno sure as well should be able to. Those are big, strong dudes. I'd have had all our forecheckers running guys and Klim Kostin in the lineup every night to make sure anybody who gets butthurt about it can catch a beating too.

Anybody remember this:

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

Agreed. And it's not like we don't have the guys to do it. Sure Raymond, Debrincat, and Kane aren't going to run anyone, but guys like Sprong, Ras, Fischer, Copp, and Veleno sure as well should be able to. Those are big, strong dudes. I'd have had all our forecheckers running guys and Klim Kostin in the lineup every night to make sure anybody who gets butthurt about it can catch a beating too.

Anybody remember this:

God I HATED Jovocop so much

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

The Gallant Golden Knights basically did this and went to the finals their first year in the goddamn league

Gallant is known for playing a more aggresive uptempo style, but it was way more pronounced when he was with Vegas. I assume because he knew he was getting a buncha average-ish expansion guys. So, if youre not gonna win with skill, then at least forecheck them to death.

And now look at Vegas. Theyre loaded with superstars... because Gallant laid the groundwork that made them a team with a winning pedigree. And everything cascades from there.

And this wings tean has shown its really good when we are pedal to the medal, but when we go into a defensive shell we get eaten alive.

Derek should be telling the boys to go fast and hard and keep coming and coming and coming (thats what she said) until the last buzzer rings. But he wont and they wont. So fuq it who cares, march madness starts soon.