• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Motor City Mullets

3/21 GDT NYI vs DRW

Rate this topic

8 minutes ago, Rick D said:

I think this game decides the season for us. 

If we lose tonight, we need to go full tank for a lotto pick. 

I don't think we're going to have a hard time losing after this game, so I think the wings need to decide if they're going gigachad team and beating Nashville, Tampa, Florida, Washington, and Buffalo to claim their spot in the playoffs OR if they're going to put their tails between their legs, "stick to the system" and play sound positional hockey - aka let Ben Chiarot and Petry get cycled on and torched for 20 minutes a game, and lose 5 straight.  Big gut check.

3 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

I don't think we're going to have a hard time losing after this game, so I think the wings need to decide if they're going gigachad team and beating Nashville, Tampa, Florida, Washington, and Buffalo to claim their spot in the playoffs OR if they're going to put their tails between their legs, "stick to the system" and play sound positional hockey - aka let Ben Chiarot and Petry get cycled on and torched for 20 minutes a game, and lose 5 straight.  Big gut check.

Bold says it all....

Lose tonight and it's a 4 point swing plus lack of taking advantage of Caps loss last night.

Might be time to start booking tee times on a loss...win and maybe we start looking at some 

APRIL IN THE D

If Larkin plays does that up the "Chad Factor"?

A ~4PM update interesting goalie choice .....

Edited by AtlantaHotWings
added info

4 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Bold says it all....

Lose tonight and it's a 4 point swing plus lack of taking advantage of Caps loss last night.

Might be time to start booking tee times on a loss...win and maybe we start looking at some 

APRIL IN THE D

If Larkin plays does that up the "Chad Factor"?

A ~4PM update interesting goalie choice .....

Also, I'm not a fan of the "Ride the Hot Goaltender until he gets absolutely embarrassed" approach.  What's wrong with alternating 2 goalies that can both play well as they alternate?  Lyon was used like a SLAVE and it finally wore him down.  That's a coaching problem.  Why start doing that to Reimer right now?  It's not good for either goalie's confidence.  

1 hour ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

Also, I'm not a fan of the "Ride the Hot Goaltender until he gets absolutely embarrassed" approach.  What's wrong with alternating 2 goalies that can both play well as they alternate?  Lyon was used like a SLAVE and it finally wore him down.  That's a coaching problem.  Why start doing that to Reimer right now?  It's not good for either goalie's confidence.  

I thought they should have went maybe 2 Lyon 1-Reimer

But like last year Fester rode a goalie into the dirt.  Granted last year the back up options were pretty weak but maybe doing a better rotation Ned might have done better but its all in the rearview mirror now. 

Some day we might have a Andre V but till then....ROTATE!!

Just now, AtlantaHotWings said:

Okay work sheet done and all caught up on DVR 

I am liking #77 more and more say goodbye to the AHL bus you belong in the show 

All the puck luck we have not had during the streak seems to be coming out tonight in a big way 

I was just coming to post about him. He's looking really solid again. He's going to be really really good.