The new NHL realignment will see campbell and wales conferences instead of east and west. Wings become the first team I can think of that has won both the prince g wales and Campbell cups.
The Wings have won 13 Prince of Wales trophies and 6 Campbell bowls. The Flyers have 4 and 6, and the Blackhawks 2 and 5, respectively.
- Helm gets 40 points with 20 goals
- Datsyuk stays healthy and has a breakout season, scoring 100+ points and 35 goals
- Franzen has a bad season and only scores 50 points
- Hank scores 90+ points
- Smith beats out Commodore for the 7th defenseman and has a breakout season
- Mursak gets a permanent role on the Wings and beats out Miller
- Jurco shows an incredible work ethic at camp but isn't quite good enough to make the roster (however he makes it in 2012-2013)
- Holland makes a huge trade at the trade deadline for a top 3 forward and Franzen is part of the deal
Franzen's career high is 59 and he has only cleared 50 points one other time in his career, being last season. Given his age, injury history, and performance over the past couple of years I would call 50 points a "good" season. A "bad" season based on his past couple years would be 25 or 30 points. Of course this is LGW, where Franzen is expected to put up *another* 40 goal season, despite never having done it before.
Also, if you are saying Smith beats out Commodore for the 7th defenseman, he's still in the press box. Which keeps him in Grand Rapids. So I'm going to assume you meant the #6 spot. And given the roles on the team, it's likely Smith would also have to beat out Ericsson or White for time to make the jump directly into the lineup this year.