is time running out with Nyquist? he turns 24 this year, has played at GR for a couple of years now, several more in college, and he can't take/keep a job with the big club. Clearly babs wants bigger players playing. Which is why Cleary keeps getting time, Andersson is staying, Abby on a top line, and tatar/Nyquist are wearing out their cars driving back and forth between GR and detroit.
"Several more in college"? I think you need a reminder of what several actually means. This is only his 2nd full season of pro hockey & all he has to show for it is:
- A 2 time selection to the AHL all-star game
- Tied Tatar for the points lead on the team in his first season with 20 less games played
- Lead the Grifs AND the AHL in scoring in his 2nd season
- Lead the Grifs in points per game both years
- Lead the team in PPGs both seasons
Just a sampling, but no, not running out of time. Give him another off season of working out to continue to bulk up plus a full training camp & exhibition season and he'll be on the team full time starting next season. If not for the lockout, he probably would have been a full-timer this season.
- amato likes this