• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 legaleaglewingsfan

legaleaglewingsfan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:44 AM

Sorry to do this, but I got to thinking about discussions past... Seemed like it might be amusing to resurrect a Zombie of an old thread given the circumstances. Hope it's worth a couple of laughs :P

Wow I totally was sitting here and was like :huh: . This post directed me to start looking at dates, it does kind of make one smile. Also can there be any question now? Oh wait the Canadian Diving Team called and wants to put a vote in for Thornton.

#22 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:15 AM

Datsyuk then, Datsyuk now, Datsyuk forever.

Edited by Electrophile, 11 May 2011 - 07:16 AM.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#23 ricky0034

ricky0034

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:24 AM

voted for Datsyuk then noticed that Thornton had 26% of the votes

was wondering how then noticed this thread was from 2005 :lol:

#24 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:28 AM

Thornton all the way! He is a definitve power forwrd! But he is also a Boston Bruin. And ain't going anywhere anytime soon. Sad, but true!

Even if the Wings sign Dats(God Bless Him), and he develops into his full potential...
He will never be the player that Joe Thornton is. Also Sad, but true.

Wow Dats has came a long way hasn't he? Makes me proud....Now continue on your mission my son.
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#25 Toefuzz

Toefuzz

3rd Line Checker

• Gold Booster
  • 464 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:28 AM

Holy crap I was confused... this coupled with the why we will lose thread and I thought I was in bizarro world!

#26 blueadams

blueadams

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:32 AM

is this thread f-ing serious!?

thorton sucks...and is a scum-bag anyways. if we had him, i'd want to trade him for picks asap.

#27 cupforwings

cupforwings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:22 AM

I can't believe anybody would vote for Thornton. Easily Datsyuk, and its not even remotely close

#28 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:32 AM

I'm surprised 22 people voted for Thornton. Datsyuk is always included in discussions about the greatest players in the world, Thornton never is. Thornton is a great player, don't get me wrong, he's an excellent playmaker, but Datsyuk is better all around, and THEN you have the "intangibles" where Datsyuk again outworks Thornton, shows more class, and has a good sense of humor to boot.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#29 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:37 AM

Is there really any contest tbh?

#30 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:47 AM

I'll take the guy with 2 cups multiple selkes and the strongest player on his skates in the league. I'll also take the guy who never cries or whines maybe because his english isn't so good. Sorry Thorton Datsyuk is just that much better than you.
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#31 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:01 AM

Look at when this was made and stop freaking out LGW. I use to use a quote from this thread last year.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#32 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:14 AM

Yay, thread necromancy!

Edited by Casey, 11 May 2011 - 10:15 AM.

Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#33 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:20 AM

It's completely feasible that five years ago people would choose Thornton over Datsyuk.

In fact, had someone chosen Dats over Joe at the time, they'd need their head checked.

Since then though, one has been ascending and one has been declining. It's pretty clearly Dats at this point, and it's not very close at all.

#34 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:28 AM

Yeah, I had to look at dates for sure but once I saw the answers I already knew :lol:

Clearly it's Pav now and that's putting him against ANY player in the NHL. FACT.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#35 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:30 AM

Yeah, I had to look at dates for sure but once I saw the answers I already knew :lol:

Clearly it's Pav now and that's putting him against ANY player in the NHL. FACT.

Right now, yes, because Crosby still has concussion symptoms.

But if/when Crosby gets healthy, Dats is clearly #2.

#36 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:08 AM

voted for Datsyuk then noticed that Thornton had 26% of the votes

was wondering how then noticed this thread was from 2005 :lol:

same here. i've done that a few other times as well. there are old threads out there with posts by mindfly and i always get fooled and think: "he's back!", and then i realise it's an old thread.

#37 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:11 AM

Right now, yes, because Crosby still has concussion symptoms.

But if/when Crosby gets healthy, Dats is clearly #2.

It's not as clear right now but probably because the little s*** stain has been out for 3 months but Dats' play in all 3 zones is by far the best in the league. Maybe I'll say, most complete player and not get as much flack.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#38 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:37 AM

One thing I enjoy doing is reading responses in a necromanced thread to find all the people who didn't look at when it was originally posted. Good times.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#39 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:16 PM

Datsyuk then, Datsyuk now, Datsyuk forever.

DING DING DING!!!

We have a winner!
Posted Image

#40 BamaWing

BamaWing

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:28 PM

Lol Datsyuk unless its olympic diving then Thornton no doubt.

Posted Image