• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockey0382

College Football

Rate this topic

Wow, what a disappointment after such a great season. I believe this is the first time in years I haven't really watched Michigan play in a bowl game. It was so boring, I started doing other things and just kind of checked out. I even watched their awful performance last year in the Alamo Bowl. Worst Rose Bowl ever - I am sorry for the fans that went to cheer their team - I'm sorry for USC that Michigan didn't challenge them at all. I'm sorry for the Big Ten that Michigan sucked in their bowl game - yet again. Actually, they get credit for showing up vs USC in '04 and Texas in '05 but got beat by better teams. What can one say - back to where we started with very poor, questionable, conservative play calling and inability to adjust in a big game. Need a new O coordinator. And the defense has fallen apart that last two games. Oh well, not much to look forward to at this point. I hardly watched any of the bowl games this year - good thing I guess. I hope OSU wins some respect for the Big ten next week. Other than that, disappointing end to what could have been a turn around season for UM.

The Rose Bowl will be won on Michigan's defense and if they can defend the passing attack of the Trojans. USC has two giant WRs in Steve Smith and Dwayne Jarrett.

Hate to say, but I called it.

Is Llyod Carr just getting outcoached or is Michigan no match for the USCs, Ohio States of the NCAA??

Hate to say, but I called it.

Is Llyod Carr just getting outcoached or is Michigan no match for the USCs, Ohio States of the NCAA??

Not quite either, really.

The simple answer is that USC had Dwayne Jarret, and found a way to get through Michigan's line on passing plays.

People criticize Carr for running too much...the biggest defensive plays USC made were on pass attempts.

That said, if Jarret leaves for the NFL, Michigan should be number 1. Jarret's effect on the outcome of this game was HUGE, and if he had not played the outcome would have been significantly different.

Not quite either, really.

The simple answer is that USC had Dwayne Jarret, and found a way to get through Michigan's line on passing plays.

People criticize Carr for running too much...the biggest defensive plays USC made were on pass attempts.

That said, if Jarret leaves for the NFL, Michigan should be number 1. Jarret's effect on the outcome of this game was HUGE, and if he had not played the outcome would have been significantly different.

If Michigan isn't #1 in next years preseason poll, they will be #2....my point is this. Llyod Carr has lost now to USC and OSU more than once in the past 4 years. Is this simply Carr being outcoached or did Michigan just get beat by the better team??

Well, Michigan fans can take solace in one thing;

This year's Michigan team was 4 points away from an undefeated season and a national championship.

That's said....here's my (preliminary) final top ten, assuming my picks for the final three games follow through.

1) Ohio State 13-0

2) USC 11-2

3) Michigan 11-2

4) Louisville 12-1

5) Wisconsin 12-1

6) Florida 11-2

7) Oklahoma 11-2

8) Notre Dame 11-2

9) Auburn 11-2

10) LSU 11-2

This year's Michigan team was 4 points away from an undefeated season and a national championship.

How do you figure??

1) Ohio State 13-0

2) USC 11-2

3) Michigan 11-2

4) Louisville 12-1

5) Wisconsin 12-1

6) Florida 11-2

7) Oklahoma 11-2

8) Notre Dame 11-2

9) Auburn 11-2

10) LSU 11-2

Wisconsin is going to be ranked higher than Michigan. Michigan will probably finish 5th behind Ohio State, USC, Florida, and Wisconsin. Michigan will be ranked 7th if LSU and Louisville win their games

Edited by timothy1997

How do you figure??

Michigan lost to OSU by 3 points.

Michigan (or USC, for that matter) would have beaten Florida in the championsip game--the closest thing Florida has to a Dwayne Jarret is Percy Harvin, and Michigan has the best rushing defense in 48 years even with the OSU game.

In other words..if Michigan had scored four more points against OSU, they go 13-0 and win it all.

Wisconsin is going to be ranked higher than Michigan. Michigan will probably finish 5th behind Ohio State, USC, Florida, and Wisconsin. Michigan will be ranked 7th if LSU and Louisville win their games

From the mere fact that Wisconsin a) lost to Michigan and b) barely beat Arkansas, who was destroyed by USC far worse than USC beat Michigan, WIsconsin should still end up behind Michigan. If Wisconsin was going to be ahead of Michigan at the end because of record, they'd have gone into the bowls ranked ahead of 2-loss LSU and 2-loss USC.

Edited by eva unit zero

Guest ZetterBurger40

Thanks for the laugh, I got a really good chuckle out of that one. Vanderbilt, Central Michigan, Ball State- 'nuff said. In both of the two games against legitimate college football powerhouses, Michigan blew it. National Championship, haha- that's so typical from a UM fan. Don't talk about "coulda been" Nat'l titles when you can't beat either of the two teams (out of many) that would be standing in your way.

Edited by ZetterBurger40

What a horrible way to end the year. They didn't even show up to play. Morgan Trent played like complete crap along with the other DB's. If you pressure Booty you will win, and they didn't do that even though it's the strength of the team. I agree with the thought of replacing Deboard as the O-coordinator...It won't happen though because it's his first season doing it, and his record as U-M's OC is something like 44-6

Thanks for the laugh, I got a really good chuckle out of that one. Vanderbilt, Central Michigan, Ball State- 'nuff said. In both of the two games against legitimate college football powerhouses, Michigan blew it. National Championship, haha- that's so typical from a UM fan. Don't talk about "coulda been" Nat'l titles when you can't beat either of the two teams (out of many) that would be standing in your way.

Name a big time team that doesnt have a easy non conference schedule? If you schedule one good football team for a non conference game I call it good. (U-M had ND, which I'm sure you "forgot", and OSU had Texas)

Out of many?? Dumbest thing I've ever read. Beat PSU at Happy Valley, beat Wisky, and ND in South Bend. Plus Carr is 16-7 vs. top 10 teams. Good try though

Get out of here Zetterburg..your post was totally pointless, and you havent been in here for any college football talk all year......

Llyod Carr has lost now to USC and OSU more than once in the past 4 years. Is this simply Carr being outcoached or did Michigan just get beat by the better team??

Very good question. I don't know. I know Carr isn't the best coach in the world, but like him or not he does know his X's and O's very well about football. I know Carr has the team ready to play, but I would be lying if I said Carr was a better coach then Tressel or Carrol.

2003: USC was HANDS DOWN better then U-M. U-M was a better team then OSU in my opinion

2005: OSU is the better team. USC though I thought we let slip away...

Edited by mannysBETTER3434

Guest ZetterBurger40

wow, looking at your avatar...wow. Henne is a man among boys? You are absolutely absurd. There is a reason why I don't post in the LGW college football thread, and this is it.

Look at USC and Nebraska's non-conf schedules. Do you watch ANY college football except for Michigan??!The Big 10 was a complete joke this year. Outside of a few teams, the entire conference was worthless. Besides getting angry at me because I'm not a Wolverines slappy like yourself, PLEASE give me a reason why I should agree with Eva's post that "4 pts away from a National Championship"....

The fact that you even brought up PSU as a team out of "the many" that I said Michigan would have to contend with for a Natl' title tells me that you indeed know nothing about college football and just live inside your own little world of UM/Big 10 oblivion.

How about these:

OHIO STATE

FLORIDA

ALABAMA

LOUISVILLE

WISCONSIN

and

Boise State- may not have strength of schedule, but they're/were undefeated.

Very mature telling me to "Get out of here" just because I don't agree with the arrogant thought that Michigan was "this close" to a National Championship.

PS- Eva already has Florida losing to OSU. I wouldn't say that I would bet against the Bucks, but I wouldn't sell the Gators short just yet- they're a much more athletic team than Michigan and the SEC owns the Big 10 as a whole.

Edited by ZetterBurger40

Michigan lost to OSU by 3 points.

Michigan (or USC, for that matter) would have beaten Florida in the championsip game--the closest thing Florida has to a Dwayne Jarret is Percy Harvin, and Michigan has the best rushing defense in 48 years even with the OSU game.

See the problem I have with your "4 points away from a National Championship" is that a) the OSU game wasnt really that close and b) your assuming that Michigan would have beaten Florida. You really think that you can take that performance yesterday and call it worthy of beating any team. Michigan couldn't run the ball more importantly, couldn't defend the USC passing attack. To call it "4 points away from a National Championship" is absurd.

Very good question. I don't know. I know Carr isn't the best coach in the world, but like him or not he does know his X's and O's very well about football. I know Carr has the team ready to play, but I would be lying if I said Carr was a better coach then Tressel or Carrol.

2003: USC was HANDS DOWN better then U-M. U-M was a better team then OSU in my opinion

2005: OSU is the better team. USC though I thought we let slip away...

As an observer, I look at next year as the year we can really find out if Carr is being outcoached. Michigan should have a team worthy of a national championship. Can Carr get by Tressel and Carrol that will likely stand in the way of the title. Michigan fans really should be hoping that Carrol takes the Arizona Cardinals job.

I've got to agree with Timothy. You're making a HUGE stretch here, saying UM was 4 points away from being National Champions. The OSU/UM game was not as close as the score appeared. Further more, you now proclaim UM would beat Florida, yet they can't even beat the 2 loss Trojans? Sorry, it just doesn't add up.