• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
betterREDthandead

2006 ALCS: Tigers vs. A's

Rate this topic

The A's just are not hitting anything Kenny is throwing. He's not striking them out like he was against the Yankees, but both the A's hits have been chintzy, and they can't get more than a piece of the ball.

If I were an A's fan right now, I'd have a pretty sick feeling in the stomach. They just can't hit Kenny Rogers, and he's being brutally efficient. Bet he pitches into the 9th.

Here's a fun passage from a column I just read:

And let's be honest here: the Athletics are doing a fine job playing the bug on the Tigers' windshield. They played Game 3 as if they couldn't wait to get back on the team bus -- or their couches at home.

Marco Scutaro (1-for-11 in the series, having stayed out way past midnight in what was a cute fairy tale for a while) embarrassed himself by playing a championship game with a knit cap pulled over his baseball cap. What a gamer. Somewhere Kirk Gibson was putting his foot through a TV at the mere sight of it.

The knit cap was silly. I'm surprised it was even legal. Never seen that before. The passage pretty much sums up my feelings on wearing a knit cap in the field.

I'm going to be at the game tomorrow and I have tickets for Sunday but I hope I won't have to use them. We got standing room only and we're leaving at noon, I'm glad I bought new shoes this week!

I'm going to be at the game tomorrow and I have tickets for Sunday but I hope I won't have to use them. We got standing room only and we're leaving at noon, I'm glad I bought new shoes this week!

LUCKY!!

I bet you'll see a bunch of Wings there.

How good was Kenny Rogers? Just ask Milton Bradley, the only man on the A's who's been able to hit so far.

"I normally don't give pitchers any credit; I get myself out. But he was outstanding," Oakland right fielder Milton Bradley said of Rogers. "You can't pitch better than that. I don't want to disrespect anybody, but I almost feel like going over [to the Tigers' clubhouse] and high-fiving him myself. He was that good."

Oh man....tied 3-3, bases loaded and one out in the bottom of the 7th, and Guillen at the plate, Huston Street coming in to pitch.....where has this kind of baseball been all my life?

edit: pleccchhhhh....double play. ugh.

i know. I am on the edge of my seat right now.

aggghhhhhh...pull grilli

i am running out of nails here. This game is going down to the wire.