• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
betterREDthandead

2006 ALCS: Tigers vs. A's

Rate this topic

Word of warning, Perez is going to be starting at short tonight with Guillen at first.

I'd much rather have Infante or Santiago in the lineup than Perez. Hell, you could even put Pudge at first and Wilson behind the plate. I don't believe the A's are a team that runs much.

Although Vance calls a better game than Pudge imo, with the way the pitchers are going thats just not something i'd mess with at this point. Unfortunately Perez has to go in, i definitely wouldnt want Santiago in there. And they must not like Infante at SS.

Although Vance calls a better game than Pudge imo, with the way the pitchers are going thats just not something i'd mess with at this point. Unfortunately Perez has to go in, i definitely wouldnt want Santiago in there. And they must not like Infante at SS.

I dunno, I kinda had a feeling Santiago was going to pull off a clutch play, either in the field or at bat. Perez really doesn't inspire my confidence any more than Santiago. I'll tell you who we need to have back in this situation: Shane Halter.

GOMEZ?!?!?!?!?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!

That's what I said. The first time he came to bat my buddy and I looked at each other and said, what the hell is he doing playing?

I swear, Todd Jones is going to give me a heart attack. 2 outs, then he proceeds to load the bases for Frank Thomas? I can't handle that!

Tigers have tied or broken a couple obscure but neat playoff records so far. (By the way, this is the really cool thing about baseball, where no other sport even comes close, that you can break the numbers down so many ways.) The four double plays in Game 1 is an ALCS record, and it ties the LCS record set by (guess who!) the Mets, who turned four on (guess who!) none other than the Cardinals, in 2000. And the six strikeouts in a row tonight (Grilli, Rodney, Jones) ties a postseason record. Oh, and the A's tied a record for one-game futility in the postseason in Game 1 by going 0-for-13 with RISP.

I dunno, I kinda had a feeling Santiago was going to pull off a clutch play, either in the field or at bat. Perez really doesn't inspire my confidence any more than Santiago. I'll tell you who we need to have back in this situation: Shane Halter.

Chris Shelton would have been nice to have on the playoff roster. Don't really see the need to have THREE BACKUPS who play SS/2b...One of Perez, Infante, Santiago should have been left off in favor of Shelton.

Chris Shelton would have been nice to have on the playoff roster. Don't really see the need to have THREE BACKUPS who play SS/2b...One of Perez, Infante, Santiago should have been left off in favor of Shelton.

I think Shelton's failure to regain his spring form, or even something close to his spring form when he was recalled from AAA lead to him not being on the postseason roster.

That's what I said. The first time he came to bat my buddy and I looked at each other and said, what the hell is he doing playing?

I swear, Todd Jones is going to give me a heart attack. 2 outs, then he proceeds to load the bases for Frank Thomas? I can't handle that!

I know. Part of me is fearful when Todd Jones loads the bases and the other part of me says "that's how he gets it done!"

At least he keeps it exciting??

Now everybody says the Wings are soft, what can we do to change that? I think Holland should sign former Tiger reliever Kyle Farnsworth. God for bid a batter charged the mound with Kyle up there, cause that batter was gonna get his ass kicked. Farnsworth should be our enforcer

I know. Part of me is fearful when Todd Jones loads the bases and the other part of me says "that's how he gets it done!"

At least he keeps it exciting??

He certainly does keep it exciting, that's an understatement.

I was at P.T.'s watching the game (there was no one there, I was amazed) and there were a couple guys saying, "it's Todd Jones, he just has to keep it interesting." :lol:

He certainly does keep it exciting, that's an understatement.

I was at P.T.'s watching the game (there was no one there, I was amazed) and there were a couple guys saying, "it's Todd Jones, he just has to keep it interesting." :lol:

Really, how can you not fall in love with this team with a guy like Todd Jones as the closer? When you are nicknamed the Rollercoaster, and you earn every bit of that nickname and still get the job done, oh and by the way you have an awesome faux-handlebar 'stache and you're the last Tiger to have played your home games at the Corner, and to top it all off you're an awesome guy off the field (by all accounts) and write a terrific column for The Sporting News to share with the fans what it's like being a player......basically that all adds up to totally sweet. It is totally fitting that Jones gets to be a Tiger during this season.

By the way, you know those commercials with Tommy Lasorda giving pep talks to distraught fans of non-playoff teams? Terrific commercials by the way. ("What've we got?" "They're all in the cupboard. Cleveland fans.") This is a great year to be in the playoffs, if for no other reason than we don't have to see Tigers fans hiding in the cupboard or in a tree or in the bathroom. Honestly, I can't get enough of those plugs, but it gives me such a wonderful warm fuzzy feeling to not see the Tigers included. And the Red Sox are. Priceless.

Really, how can you not fall in love with this team with a guy like Todd Jones as the closer? When you are nicknamed the Rollercoaster, and you earn every bit of that nickname and still get the job done, oh and by the way you have an awesome faux-handlebar 'stache and you're the last Tiger to have played your home games at the Corner, and to top it all off you're an awesome guy off the field (by all accounts) and write a terrific column for The Sporting News to share with the fans what it's like being a player......basically that all adds up to totally sweet. It is totally fitting that Jones gets to be a Tiger during this season.

That paragraph was totally sweet.

I love Todd Jones because he looks like he's supposed to be somebody's uncle sitting on a front porch with his shirt off drinking a beer and rubbing his belly.

PS - The boyfriend wanted to be Jim Leyland for Halloween but decided he was too fat. We decided that he was the perfect size to dress as Todd Jones though, and that I was the perfect size to be Leyland. Halloween is gonna be sweet.

PS - The boyfriend wanted to be Jim Leyland for Halloween but decided he was too fat. We decided that he was the perfect size to dress as Todd Jones though, and that I was the perfect size to be Leyland. Halloween is gonna be sweet.

That is going to be freaking awesome!

I do like Todd Jones. It's my heart rate that doesn't.

I think Shelton's failure to regain his spring form, or even something close to his spring form when he was recalled from AAA lead to him not being on the postseason roster.

A second string 1b/C is still a better option than having a fourth-string SS/2b.

TIme change for game 3. :angry: The NLCS game gets rained out, and The ALCS has to change its time. Saturday afternoon would be better than Friday. This means 2:30pm for me - a tad early to be sneaking out of work. <_< Plus the internet feeds are blocked out - I can only get the very fuzzy local ESPN if I sit by a window. :o Oh well, I did it for game 2 last series, and that one worked out........

p.s. GO ROGERS!

[attachmentid=267]

post-2668-1160714577.jpg

Edited by RockyMountainWingGal

Ever since game 2 of the ALDS, I have put up a wallpaper picture of the Tigers pitcher pitching that day on my desktop. Don't know why it is working but everyone can begin thanking me now. :cheesy:

Oh btw, first thing I did this morning was put up a picture of Kenny Rogers. On the ball today folks. :D

I do find that picture hilarious. It looks especially good with the "pounce" headline.

And now, for tonight: KEN-NY! KEN-NY! KEN-NY! This is the one time this postseason that Pacific Time is screwing me. Don't get off work til 4 :(

I'm in the same boat sans an hour. Sucks for A's fans too. You should have a local ESPN radio affiliate that will air the game for free - I brought a radio walkman to work!