33 replies to this topic

#1 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,656 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 04:20 PM

SPECTOR'S HOCKEY

It says that all the Kings are looking for in return is a first round pick! Argh......I personally think Avery is worth more then that and I'd love to see him back here

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#2 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 04:26 PM

Well if u personally want him back here than i Personally want you at a shrinks office.
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#3 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 04:38 PM

Maybe if the little ***** would learn to keep his mouth shut. There was a time I actually liked Avery...but that time is long past.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#4 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 05:55 PM

BRING HIM BACK!!!!!
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#5 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE(shanahanman @ January 30, 2007 - 04:20PM) View Post

SPECTOR'S HOCKEY

It says that all the Kings are looking for in return is a first round pick! Argh......I personally think Avery is worth more then that and I'd love to see him back here

Sean Avery? Worth more than a first round pick?

laugh.gif
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#6 wingsrule_s_

wingsrule_s_

Jr. Prospect

• Restricted
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 06:04 PM

sean avery for a 1st round pick ?? any gm who would give up a 1st for avery should be fired

#7 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,922 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 06:17 PM

why on earth do people want this guy back?!?!?

no thank you.

#8 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 10:54 PM

Aside from the fact that he' s a jerk, he's actually a pretty decent player when he tones it down. I don't know. I've always liked him, and his agitating ways. The Wings could really use someone who could easily get under the opponents skin and cause them to take penalties. Plus he sticks up for his teammates, is fiesty as hell, and fights. And we all know this already.. tongue.gif

#9 superstarsingh

superstarsingh

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 11:18 PM

He has changed some what this year. Like many guys he loves Yzerman and he and Stevie have talked a lot and Steve has told him that he needs to tone it down and what not. Bottom line is that he has toned his stupidity down and his game is something that we need. If we can get him for a 2nd rounder we should consider. With Yzerman being so close, Avery will be on a leash. (The last time he was just crazy and did not listen to people, now he has matured and has learned to take advice from leaders).

#10 theman19

theman19

#40 Mobile suit Zeta, the new red comet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 11:42 PM

we got schnieds for this guy,..anyone else dumbfounded by that?

#11 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 12:13 AM

QUOTE(theman19 @ January 30, 2007 - 11:42PM) View Post

Well they didn't only get Aves, they got Kuzentsov and a couple picks as well.

#12 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 12:15 AM

QUOTE(theman19 @ January 30, 2007 - 11:42PM) View Post

Well it took Kuznetsov (big deal, I know), a first rounder, and a secound rounder too.
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#13 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 01:11 AM

Just. No.
I'm sorry, but not again. I saw him play last month, and from what I saw, he hasn't "learned anything." Rob Blake looked like he wanted to punch him himself.

Yes he agitates and can draw penalties. However, he usually goes to the box right along with the other person. To me, he's just a more obnoxious version of Malts.

#14 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 01:19 AM

QUOTE(ARice89 @ January 31, 2007 - 12:15AM) View Post

Well it took Kuznetsov (big deal, I know), a first rounder, and a secound rounder too.

Kuznetsov is out of the league. Tambellini (the first rounder) was traded (with Denis Grebeshkov) for Mark Parrish and Brent Sopel. The second rounder went to Boston before the draft, IIRC. Parrish left as a free agent shortly after his arrival.

So basically it works like this:

Kings traded Schneider and Grebeshkov for Avery and Sopel. Grebeshkov/Sopel is basically a wash....so Kings pretty much traded Schneider for Avery.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#15 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,922 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 01:45 AM

QUOTE(ChelisChick @ January 30, 2007 - 10:11PM) View Post

Just. No.
I'm sorry, but not again. I saw him play last month, and from what I saw, he hasn't "learned anything." Rob Blake looked like he wanted to punch him himself.

Yes he agitates and can draw penalties. However, he usually goes to the box right along with the other person. To me, he's just a more obnoxious version of Malts.

Agreed.

People seem to think he's grown up just because he's not on the Wings anymore and they want him back.

He still takes bad penalties. he's still an idiot. He was recently chosen as the dirtiest player in the league by more than 100 of his peers.

No thanks.

#16 Howe's Bony Elbow

Howe's Bony Elbow

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 03:02 AM

QUOTE(haroldsnepsts @ January 31, 2007 - 01:45AM) View Post

Agreed.

People seem to think he's grown up just because he's not on the Wings anymore and they want him back.

He still takes bad penalties. he's still an idiot. He was recently chosen as the dirtiest player in the league by more than 100 of his peers.

No thanks.

And the guy's a cancer in the locker room. He does have good taste in women, though (Elisha Cuthbert, rowr).

#17 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,937 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 04:19 AM

QUOTE(eva unit zero @ January 31, 2007 - 01:19AM) View Post

Kuznetsov is out of the league. Tambellini (the first rounder) was traded (with Denis Grebeshkov) for Mark Parrish and Brent Sopel. The second rounder went to Boston before the draft, IIRC. Parrish left as a free agent shortly after his arrival.

So basically it works like this:

Kings traded Schneider and Grebeshkov for Avery and Sopel. Grebeshkov/Sopel is basically a wash....so Kings pretty much traded Schneider for Avery.
From a Kings perspective perhaps, but from a Red Wings perspective Schneider still cost us those 1st and 2nd rounders.

Tucker > Avery

Edited by RyanBarnes!, 31 January 2007 - 04:20 AM.

"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#18 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 10:34 AM

QUOTE(haroldsnepsts @ January 31, 2007 - 12:45AM) View Post

Agreed.

No thanks.

Bingo.

The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

#19 wadewing

wadewing

Rookie

• Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 02:09 PM

I would rather have Avery than Langfeld. A first round maybe because the 'wings are always picking @ the tail end of the 1st round.

#20 superstarsingh

superstarsingh

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 05:56 PM

Kuznetsov was a first rounder himself