• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Sean Avery traded to Rangers

Rate this topic

Guest GordieSid&Ted

WOW!!! Avery is making 1.1Million, that is unbelieveable!!!!, Just think I could sit in the penalty box for 3/4" of the game and make 1.1 Million. WOW!!!!!!! :angry:

Wow, that's just brilliant right there.

Maybe he got that 1.1 mil because he scored 15 goals and 39 points to go with the 257 PIM's he racked up. Can you find another player with PIM's that high with that much production?

I guess maybe i'm the only person around here who doesn't give a s*** what Avery says. Like he's the first athlete to say things that aren't exactly P.C. In the grand scheme of things if they guy is going to be a 15-20 goal scorer, who cares if he lets his emotions run his mouth after a guy like Gauthier flattens one of his teammates? I know Avery has said some pretty goofy things in addition to the francophone comment but I see it as being completely blown out of proportion. How many times has Avery been on record saying something controversial? Maybe 4 times? Whoopdefreaking doo. So everybody is up in arms because Avery's opinion of visor-wearing, French Canadians isn't so flattering yet years ago Chris Chelios makes comments about Bettman should be worried about the safety of himself and family I think it was and everybody cheers Chelios for being vocal and telling it like it is just because we all hate Bettman.

The bottom line for me is I wouldn't want Avery because he is too small a player for the role i'd like to see filled on this team. As far as his mouth, I could care less. I love it when hockey players say something or anything at all because most of them are automatons who you can't get a drop out of them even though you know they have something to say.

I guess I just don't agree with all the hate that gets thrown in Avery's direction.

PS: How long can one be punished for things they said in the past. Has Avery even been quoted saying anything this year?

Wow, that's just brilliant right there.

Maybe he got that 1.1 mil because he scored 15 goals and 39 points to go with the 257 PIM's he racked up. Can you find another player with PIM's that high with that much production?

I guess maybe i'm the only person around here who doesn't give a s*** what Avery says. Like he's the first athlete to say things that aren't exactly P.C. In the grand scheme of things if they guy is going to be a 15-20 goal scorer, who cares if he lets his emotions run his mouth after a guy like Gauthier flattens one of his teammates? I know Avery has said some pretty goofy things in addition to the francophone comment but I see it as being completely blown out of proportion.

No, it wasn't.. What his francophone comment did was show just how much of a selfish prick he was. Yes, Gauthier hit Roenick. Roenick is now out of LA, and was never very good while he was there. On the contrary, the two greatest LA Kings in the history of the franchise were--you guessed it--visor wearing francophones. That Avery would make such a comment as a King is indicative of his appreciation for his team and teammates.

On the contrary, the two greatest LA Kings in the history of the franchise were--you guessed it--visor wearing francophones.

I can see Robitaille. I didn't know that Gretzky was French, or wore a visor.

No, it wasn't.. What his francophone comment did was show just how much of a selfish prick he was. Yes, Gauthier hit Roenick. Roenick is now out of LA, and was never very good while he was there. On the contrary, the two greatest LA Kings in the history of the franchise were--you guessed it--visor wearing francophones. That Avery would make such a comment as a King is indicative of his appreciation for his team and teammates.

Dionne wore a visor? Gretzky parles Francois? I am shocked, shocked to learn that. :)

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Well that's your opinion of course. You see, I don't put too much stock into what Avery says because he's not exactly an Igor Larionov type. By that I mean Sean is an emotional guy who says things sometimes I think he hasn't really thought about or might not even believe but says it anyways. I think everybody knows somebody like that.

I think you are giving him too much credit for being calculating or intentionally evil when I think he's just an emotional kid who flies by the seat of his pants and says stuff because he's emotional and likes to agitate. I don't give Avery credit for being cunning and calculating.

Ah, either way I don't really care. Everybody thinks he's a villain, I think he's just brash and a bit of an *******, no big deal to me.

He deserves all the negativity thrown his way because of past actions but I agree, he's kept it down this year. Living in SoCal I see the Kings games all the time and he is a good player regardless of the smack everyone talks about him. He's surprisingly fast and can handle the puck pretty well considering he's not really known for it. He hits hard and will back up whatever he says or does with his fists.

He's not the greatest player, but he's not chopped liver like some here would suggest because of what he says in the media.

I agree with Gordie though, he's too small for what we need.

esteef

Well that's your opinion of course. You see, I don't put too much stock into what Avery says because he's not exactly an Igor Larionov type. By that I mean Sean is an emotional guy who says things sometimes I think he hasn't really thought about or might not even believe but says it anyways. I think everybody knows somebody like that.

I think you are giving him too much credit for being calculating or intentionally evil when I think he's just an emotional kid who flies by the seat of his pants and says stuff because he's emotional and likes to agitate. I don't give Avery credit for being cunning and calculating.

Ah, either way I don't really care. Everybody thinks he's a villain, I think he's just brash and a bit of an *******, no big deal to me.

the stupid stuff he says is a minor part of the reason I wouldn't want Avery back. He's managed to keep his foot out of his mouth so far this season, but when he doesn't, it's a distraction for the team.

Mainly I just think he's a stupid player. Great energy, decent skills, terrible decisions.

People keep saying he's changed, but I'm not seeing it. or the weak reasoning of "he'd be better around all the Wings veterans." Umm, that didn't really work last time he was here. He's old enough and been in the league long enough that if he ever were going to straighten himself out, it would've happened already. And it hasn't.

I just think he's always gonna be a player with a lot of great qualities but too many downsides that will hurt your team.

I can see Robitaille. I didn't know that Gretzky was French, or wore a visor.

So, would you say that Hull is ahead of Fedorov on Detroit's greatest players of all time?

Obviously, he is referring to Dionne, who had far more goals and points with LA than Gretzky, though, I'm not sure I've ever seen him wearing a visor.

Edited by toby91_ca

The bottom line for me is I wouldn't want Avery because he is too small a player for the role i'd like to see filled on this team. As far as his mouth, I could care less. I love it when hockey players say something or anything at all because most of them are automatons who you can't get a drop out of them even though you know they have something to say.

I guess I just don't agree with all the hate that gets thrown in Avery's direction.

PS: How long can one be punished for things they said in the past. Has Avery even been quoted saying anything this year?

When you get kicked off of your team because of continuously venting your mouth with controversy and bad attitude on the PROFESSIONAL level, that says a lot to me. Avery should have been kissing butt that the Kings let him back on.

I don't doubt that he has some skill on the ice or he wouldn't have been able to play night in/out in the NHL like he's been able to do the past few seasons. I like how he plays hard and intense more often than not.

But there's a fine line between playing intense, and just being out of control on the ice and with your mouth in the locker room and to the press. Avery might not have done it (yet) this season, but he's done it one too many times in the past, this is why I'd always be cautious about having him on my team.

He has that ability, unfortunately, to be a major locker room/team cancer if he blows his top to where it affects team chemistry and other players that he's supposed to play and work with 6-7 months out of the year.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan