• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
russianswede919293

Wings have made an Offer for Jason Blake

Rate this topic

Greg Logan reports on his blog that Jason Blake's days as an Islander may be drawing to a close. Logan cites a league source claiming the top five Western Conference teams are engaged in a bidding war for Blake. "Because of Blake’s unsigned status, Snow has offers for the speedy 33-year-old forward from Nashville, which already made a big deal to acquire Peter Forsberg, Vancouver, Detroit, San Jose and Dallas. Only Anaheim among the top six Western Conference teams has not yet made an offer. The Islanders would not trade Blake to an Eastern Conference rival", writes Logan.

LINK

I think this would be a good trade since Cleary went down for the next month.

No clue what the offer we made was but I would do Williams and a pick for Blake.

Blake is small, but man can that guy score and he is SUPER fast and all heart and hustle.

EXACTLY...When Oz went to Long Island I became an Islanders fan as well as a Wings fan, I have fallen off track with them ever since Oz left but even then I loved Blake and was so glad to see him perform since the lockout. THe new rules are written for guys like Blake. He is a great scorer, Powerplay and Penalty Killer. I think that it isnt exactly what we need but would certainly fill the Cleary void. We could then trade Lang to replace the pick traded for Blake (if we traded a pick) and use that pick and a prospect for a guy like Guerin.

EXACTLY...When Oz went to Long Island I became an Islanders fan as well as a Wings fan, I have fallen off track with them ever since Oz left but even then I loved Blake and was so glad to see him perform since the lockout. THe new rules are written for guys like Blake. He is a great scorer, Powerplay and Penalty Killer. I think that it isnt exactly what we need but would certainly fill the Cleary void. We could then trade Lang to replace the pick traded for Blake (if we traded a pick) and use that pick and a prospect for a guy like Guerin.

And if babs still wnats to use williams on the second line it'd probably be

Hudler-Williams-Blake , which would be pretty good , espically when Cleary gets back

And if babs still wnats to use williams on the second line it'd probably be

Hudler-Williams-Blake , which would be pretty good , espically when Cleary gets back

I think we could re-sign him after a trade too since he wants 5 years 18-million...so about 3.4 a year. Which is about the same as Lang makes and he won't be re-signed even if he isn't traded. Just the speculation on this one has me excited because as I said before I've always been a huge Blake fan and he would bring so much energy on every shift, which is what has been lacking on the second line.

Edited by russianswede919293

Jason Blake does not know how to slack off. I periodically watch Islanders games, and he's consistently among the most impressive players on their roster. Paired with half-way respectable linemates, he could turn our #2 unit into something good.

I dunno what are odds are realistically since San Jose also has placed an offer and they have a stellar line of prospects. I would be willing to send a little more in this one than in a renty player since I think he will probably re-sign where he is traded because the price is right.

It'll probably take 1-2 prospects and 1-2 picks....

Jason Blake does not know how to slack off. I periodically watch Islanders games, and he's consistently among the most impressive players on their roster. Paired with half-way respectable linemates, he could turn our #2 unit into something good.

Perfect. He can play with Lang ;)

Seriously though, I have always liked Jason Blake, he was a player I always thought would be extremely efffective with Datsyuk and Zetterberg. He works hard and his style of play would certainly be effective against the trap!

Blake and Lapointe into the playoffs would be just as satisfying as Guerin.

I figured the Wings would make a pitch for him -- and I'd be definitely for it, depending on the cost.

As others have pointed out he's all hustle, all the time -- he's a high-energy player with a solid scoring touch.

He'd do very well on a second line spot where Lang isn't exactly the most fleet of foot.

Perfect. He can play with Lang ;)

Seriously though, I have always liked Jason Blake, he was a player I always thought would be extremely efffective with Datsyuk and Zetterberg. He works hard and his style of play would certainly be effective against the trap!

Blake and Lapointe into the playoffs would be just as satisfying as Guerin.

Yeah I think your right. If we got Blake Lapointe would be a good 2nd pick up instead of goung after both Blake and Guerin. I hope we land one of the two (I want Blake) and then Lapointe as well...

Blake - NO

He's not what we need.

Yeah I would have agreed with you a couple days ago but with Cleary out we could certainly use him now...I know he isnt big but if we got Blake and another player as well that was bigger I would be ecstatic.

LINK

I think this would be a good trade since Cleary went down for the next month.

No clue what the offer we made was but I would do Williams and a pick for Blake.

I think the key words in the article were bidding war. I cant imagine any bidding war being won with Williams and a pick. Be realistic please!

Rest assured...it will be Hudler and picks.

Yess! I remember Blake as I was/still am an Isles fan too. I was a fan of his, Bates, Parrish, Cairns, and the 'train wreck' Webb. Hahaha

Blake could do wonders for the Wings.

I think the key words in the article were bidding war. I cant imagine any bidding war being won with Williams and a pick. Be realistic please!

Rest assured...it will be Hudler and picks.

I don't really have a problem with Hudler and picks for Blake, since it would be easier to re-sign him than a guy like Guerin who will go for much more $$$. And I think that Holland might be able to work something out in terms of a conditional pick if he re-signs with the team or something like in the Tkachuk trade.

Yess! I remember Blake as I was/still am an Isles fan too. I was a fan of his, Bates, Parrish, Cairns, and the 'train wreck' Webb. Hahaha

I still like the Isles too just haven't followed them too religiously anymore that Oz is gone. I do love DiPietro though. Bates is a good Maltby like player and Parrish was one of my favorites as well. Webb may have been a train wreck but its hard not to love a guy that hit Sundin then fought Domi the first time I ever saw him play...

He's opposite of Lang. Fast, he scores and he works hard all the time. Lets get this deal done

You know...I've gotten to the point where I'm not expecting to get Blake, Lapointe, Bertuzzi or anyone that will be useful in the playoffs.

Therefore, I escape disappointment and could be pleasantly surprised. :P