• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
russianswede919293

Wings have made an Offer for Jason Blake

Rate this topic

Yess! I remember Blake as I was/still am an Isles fan too. I was a fan of his, Bates, Parrish, Cairns, and the 'train wreck' Webb. Hahaha

Blake could do wonders for the Wings.

I don't know about wonders, but it would be like picking up another Cleary. That cannot at all be bad, unless of course we overpay.

I would like to see Blake on the second line with Lang and Franzen. Franzen really played more of a postive role then anyone save Holmstrom in the Nashville game.

I don't know about wonders, but it would be like picking up another Cleary. That cannot at all be bad, unless of course we overpay.

I would like to see Blake on the second line with Lang and Franzen. Franzen really played more of a postive role then anyone save Holmstrom in the Nashville game.

Jason Blake is a way better goal scorer than Dan Cleary. The past four seasons he's had over or around 50 points. Cleary has yet to hit 40. The comparison is not even close.

Edited by Kp-Wings

So, do you think Draper is soft then.....

Drapes isn't soft in -that- sense of the term, but he isn't able to throw the body around. When he's retaining puck possession down in their zone, like, there was an example last night, he's able to fight off the attention of defenders while he's trying to wheel down there, but if they get him, he's gone.

He's also good at trying to fend people off when he's coming one-on-one down the side or right down the middle on a near-breakaway, but if he had more size, he'd be the kind of player to muscle the D-man right out of the picture and bolt, instead of having to fight them all the way. Kris is a damn good player, but he does have his limitations as anybody.

I like Blake, I think he'd be a great fit for this team -- his salary isn't very large at all, and we could add size and toughness in another deal (s). I just don't see why the Isles would trade him -- they're playing well and are in a playoff dogfight. Why would they trade their best player? And what would we have that would even remotely interest them at this point? The only way I can see the Isles dealing Blake is if it's a directive from their crazy owner.

I like Blake, I think he'd be a great fit for this team -- his salary isn't very large at all, and we could add size and toughness in another deal (s). I just don't see why the Isles would trade him -- they're playing well and are in a playoff dogfight. Why would they trade their best player? And what would we have that would even remotely interest them at this point? The only way I can see the Isles dealing Blake is if it's a directive from their crazy owner.

The word is that Blake and Snow had gotten into it with each other. Blake told Snow that he wants to be signed to a new contract before the deadline, otherwise he wants out, wants to be traded. That is why the Isles may trade him.

The Islanders won't want to give up Blake for nothing that can help them this season.

That said, Jason Williams will probably be included in any deal, as he had similar numbers to Blake last season and is still young with contract left. We would probably have to include a prospect and/or pick as well...perhaps something like Williams/Meech/2nd would bring in Blake. They get a decent defense prospect, a forward who could contribute right away (maybe) and a decent pick for a guy who's likely gone after the year.

Williams may be playing like s*** right now, but his age and production last season mean he still has some value in a trade like this.

The word is that Blake and Snow had gotten into it with each other. Blake told Snow that he wants to be signed to a new contract before the deadline, otherwise he wants out, wants to be traded. That is why the Isles may trade him.

Its good to see we are looking at long term investments instead of rental players.

Having said that,we still need some muscle for the playoffs,but Blake can hopefully pot a few for us.

I think that Lang needs someone other than Williams on his line to break out of his slump, IMO a guy like Fedotenko or maybe even Bondra (i think hes a center, but we could convert him) may help and I know that Fedotenko has a habit of scoring important goals, and hes bigger than Blake but close to being as fast as him. Stats-wise I'm not sure. Also Fedotenko and Bondra haven't been mentioned in many trades so maybe the Wings could pick them up at a discount price?? Then to that I would just add Fedoruk and be happy... biggrin.gif

I think that Lang needs someone other than Williams on his line to break out of his slump, IMO a guy like Fedotenko[/quote

Would likely cost Hudler and a pick based on the way trades have been going. Way too much for a guy like him.

or maybe even Bondra (i think hes a center, but we could convert him)

Bondra has been a RW his whole career.

The correct answer is to put Hudler in Williams' spot. Hudler is a far better goal scorer than Williams, and ythat's who we need on Lang's wing--a guy who can find the back of the net. A big part of Lang's slump is that Cleary and Willy haven't been putting the puck away. Give him someone who can do so and we'll have a second line that scores.

Jason Blake. LW 5'10' 180 lbs. career 0.55 PPG in the regular season, 2G 4 pts and -6 in 19 career playoff games. OK player, but I'm not overly impressed.

yeah... but it's been Islanders.

as others mentioned - nice, flashy kid who has good scoring touch and plays with heart. and he also is quite girtty, at least in Wings standards. looks good in my book and I wouldn't cry about giving up Williams for him.

yeah... but it's been Islanders.

as others mentioned - nice, flashy kid who has good scoring touch and plays with heart. and he also is quite girtty, at least in Wings standards. looks good in my book and I wouldn't cry about giving up Williams for him.

Exactly. Considering the Islanders haven't made it past the first round since 1993, and clearly Blake wasn't playing for them then, it's hard to judge Blake's playoff numbers when he's been on a team that hasn't won a playoff series since he's been there.

wow.....i can't believe the Isles are willing to give up their star player right when their playoff hopes are bigger then ever.......but i'd love to have him here. But I still think we need a tough guy.....if we could grab Blake and Lapointe or Nolan, I'd be VERY happy.

Wang/Snow have no choice if it's true that Blake demands a contract like 18M$/5yr.

and frankly - what does it change if they trade him or not, if they'll nevertheless suck big time in 1st round?

Guest Crymson

wow.....i can't believe the Isles are willing to give up their star player right when their playoff hopes are bigger then ever.......but i'd love to have him here. But I still think we need a tough guy.....if we could grab Blake and Lapointe or Nolan, I'd be VERY happy.

Nolan > Lapointe, IMO.

$1.1m vs $2.4m

Rental vs contract

Offensive production vs little offensive production

Decent defensive play vs horrible defensive play

Plus, Lapointe has stated that he does not want to leave Chicago.

Just some stats for comparison from Yahoo: last years stats are in ()

Jason Blake: 5-10 185 Age:33

Regular Season: 62GP(76) 29G(28) 23A(29) +5(0) 24PIM(60)

Ruslan Fedotenko: 6-2 195 Age:28

Regular Season: 61GP(80) 11G(26) 15A(15) -5(-4) 42PIM(44)

Peter Bondra: 6-1 202 Age:38

Regular Season: 13GP(60) 5G(21) 6A(18) 2(-3) 14(40)

Based purely upon regular season stats, Blake is the best, but, I would take into account that Fedotenko is younger and hasn't reached full potential yet. Also i know that Fedotenko is a guy that has a similar style to Holmstrom but also plays a traditional wing style and isn't afraid to hit. I haven't seen Blake or Bondra more than once or twice so I reserve my judgment.

Guest Crymson

Yeah, let's get another Lang because soft=bad, tough=good. :clap:

Regrettably, reality does not often figure into the minds of those in panic mode. "Get this guy! Why aren't you getting this guy! We need this sort of guy.. go get him! What's your problem--you are a horrible GM for not getting him! What, they want some of our top prospects for him? I'll delete that fact from my memory banks. Go and get who we need!"

jason blake would add alot to this team. If you think dats and Z are good now, add a blinding flash who shoots the puck and chases rebounds to the mix. Second line hell, i bet he's first line by the playoffs if we get him.

Blake would be an excellent pickup, provided we don't overpay. He wouldn't go a long way in making us a nastier team to play against, but he gives his all every single night (something that can't be said of more than a few players on this team) and knows how to put the puck in the net.

Granted, he's certainly not the only piece we need. I hope Holland isn't thinking this is "The Deal."

Yess! I remember Blake as I was/still am an Isles fan too. I was a fan of his, Bates, Parrish, Cairns, and the 'train wreck' Webb. Hahaha

Blake could do wonders for the Wings.

I'm not sure Blakesy would fit in with the Wings lockerroom. For the same reason that he was never drafted. Which would be the same reason why he was never able to catch on in Los Angeles.

Wonder why he's being shopped when the Isles are in the middle of a heated race to make the Play Offs? He leads the Isles in goals and in points, after all.....

Don't get me wrong, I love Blakesy's hustle. But there's a definite culture inside the Wings lockerroom, and I don't think Jason Blake would fit in.

Blake is small, but man can that guy score and he is SUPER fast and all heart and hustle.

Much more useful to us than Williams! I hope that any deal for him involves Williams and a draft pick...

Regrettably, reality does not often figure into the minds of those in panic mode. "Get this guy! Why aren't you getting this guy! We need this sort of guy.. go get him! What's your problem--you are a horrible GM for not getting him! What, they want some of our top prospects for him? I'll delete that fact from my memory banks. Go and get who we need!"

Are you just figuring this out? This is a Sports/Hockey forum where people post what comes to their head, with no consequences except people calling them out. Get used to it Crymson, there will always be people with DILLUSIONS. ;)