• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
russianswede919293

Wings have made an Offer for Jason Blake

Rate this topic

He'd waive it if it became clear he was no longer wanted on the Wings. Maybe not to the Isles per se, but the only thing a NTC will do is give the player a bit of control of his destination. Very rarely does a guy with a NTC stick around with a team that wants to trade him.

No one was screaming "NTC!!!!" when Pete and Tkachuk were involved in trade rumors. Why is that?

because they played for crappy teams that were not going to make the playoffs

because they played for crappy teams that were not going to make the playoffs

So they had reasons to waive their NTCs. Why couldn't Draper have reasons?

I never said that to begin with. :P

Then why are you replying to me? ;)

Because he has been a Wing for pretty much all of his career? He plays a big defensive role for us? Detroits going to the playoffs again? He is a leader to most of the guys in the dressing room? He is happy where he is?

He could, but I havent heard any news about him being unhappy here. he seems to be well liked by the wings organization and fans, so I see no reason why he would want to waive his NTC.

EDIT: damn you and your fast fingers superstar

Edited by Statts

Hmmm what do you mean? Why wouldn't he fit? Is he not a good guy to have around? Or am I totally off here?

There was rumored to be friction in the lockerroom and between he and the coaching staff in LA. Apparently HE though he should be getting more ice time, and a larger role. His coaches saw him as talented, but selfish.

His attitude was rumored to be "F*ck you then. Trade me. You'll be sorry when I'm gone."

So they traded him. He became very close with Mike Peca once he got to Long Island. It was rumored that he had T-Shirts made up after the 2001-2002 Season which read "Good Ole Boys Club", (or something to that effect), for himself, Peca, and 2 or 3 other undisclosed Players on the Team. It was rumored that it was the members of the GOBC which led the charge against Peter Laviolette at the close of the 2002-2003 Season, throwing their head coach under the bus, and resulting in Peter's ouster from the HC position on LI.

It has been rumored, (by some very reliable sources within the Org.), that Blake is NOT liked even amongst his own Teammates, and that he further doesn't much care for THEM, either. Nothing personal.....just that he has what has been called a "Little Man Complex", and that he's never really been fond of ANY of his Teammates, anywhere.

Now.....all of that has been rumored......but here are things I see NIGHTLY, with my OWN eyes......and I not only watch, but TAPE, every Isles game via NHL Center Ice.......

He is definitely a high energy guy, but watch him. Really, REALLY watch him. He's a puck hog. He'll take the shot rather than pass the puck, no matter HOW BAD the angle for himself, no matter how GOOD a Teammate's angle.

He's also a show-boat. He'll dipsy doodle, especialy on the PK, much to the delight of the fans. Matter of fact, he'll keep the puck for so long that he gets so exhausted that he finally stumbles, loses the puck, or gives the puck away entirely out of sheer exhaustion. All the while there are fresh legs on the ice, other guys he can pass to.

And watch his goal celebrations particularly closely.......EVERY TIME.....

Back turned to the ice after scoring, he skates directly up to the glass behind the goal, does the whole fist-pump, stick waving, "look at me, look at ME!", chest butts the glass for the fans, then finally turns and gives a courtesy nod to the guy who passed him the puck.

Edited by Outsider

There was rumored to be friction in the lockerroom and between he and the coaching staff in LA. Apparently HE though he should be getting more ice time, and a larger role. His coaches saw him as talented, but selfish.

His attitude was rumored to be "F*ck you then. Trade me. You'll be sorry when I'm gone."

So they traded him. He became very close with Mike Peca once he got to Long Island. It was rumored that he had T-Shirts made up after the 2001-2002 Season which read "Good Ole Boys Club", (or something to that effect), for himself, Peca, and 2 or 3 other undisclosed Players on the Team. It was rumored that it was the members of the GOBC which led the charge against Peter Laviolette at the close of the 2002-2003 Season, throwing their head coach under the bus, and resulting in Peter's ouster from the HC position on LI.

It has been rumored, (by some very reliable sources within the Org.), that Blake is NOT liked even amongst his own Teammates, and that he further doesn't much care for THEM, either. Nothing personal.....just that he has what has been called a "Little Man Complex", and that he's never really been fond of ANY of his Teammates, anywhere.

Now.....all of that has been rumored......but here are things I see NIGHTLY, with my OWN eyes......and I not only watch, but TAPE, every Isles game via NHL Center Ice.......

He is definitely a high energy guy, but watch him. Really, REALLY watch him. He's a puck hog. He'll take the shot rather than pass the puck, no matter HOW BAD the angle for himself, no matter how GOOD a Teammate's angle.

He's also a show-boat. He'll dipsy doodle, especialy on the PK, much to the delight of the fans. Matter of fact, he'll keep the puck for so long that he gets so exhausted that he finally stumbles, loses the puck, or gives the puck away entirely out of sheer exhaustion. All the while there are fresh legs on the ice, other guys he can pass to.

And watch his goal celebrations particularly closely.......EVERY TIME.....

Back turned to the ice after scoring, he skates directly up to the glass behind the goal, does the whole fist-pump, stick waving, "look at me, look at ME!", chest butts the glass for the fans, then finally turns and gives a courtesy nod to the guy who passed him the puck.

Wow! Thanks for the insights,I thought he would be a good fit on this team,but if we needed an *******,then we should have gotten Tkachuk.

yeah, i would think the wings locker room is probably a pretty humbling place to new guys. all the all stars and proven veterens will put people in their place without saying a word.

yeah, i would think the wings locker room is probably a pretty humbling place to new guys. all the all stars and proven veterens will put people in their place without saying a word.

I'm thinking if we can control Sean Avery then we can handle Blake too.

Because he has been a Wing for pretty much all of his career? He plays a big defensive role for us? Detroits going to the playoffs again? He is a leader to most of the guys in the dressing room? He is happy where he is?

And apart from his tenure and the Wings going to the playoffs, any one of those things can change.

My main point is that having a NTC does not mean he cannot and will not get traded. Players with NTCs get traded all the time for varying reasons. Situations and feelings change. If Kenny wanted to trade Draper, he would get traded.

Well I am worried and anxious, but sitting around here isn't helping.

I am going to watch Mystery, Alaska, the Gold medal game, and Slap shot until something happens.

Anyone who wants to join me can do so.

I am just glad we aren't paying the cow for some beans.

Well I am worried and anxious, but sitting around here isn't helping.

I am going to watch Mystery, Alaska, the Gold medal game, and Slap shot until something happens.

Anyone who wants to join me can do so.

I am just glad we aren't paying the cow for some beans.

good movie!

And apart from his tenure and the Wings going to the playoffs, any one of those things can change.

My main point is that having a NTC does not mean he cannot and will not get traded. Players with NTCs get traded all the time for varying reasons. Situations and feelings change. If Kenny wanted to trade Draper, he would get traded.

I know what you mean. The thing is Kenny does not want to trade Drapes.

He would indeed.

This post goes to the Hall Of Fame :clap:

Edited by FinRedWing

I don't get why you would even want to trade Draper. He does his job very well. If we are moving that way, might as well move Schneider and Maltby as well...

[/qu

Draper would be good trade bait for Guerin.

Edited by The Enforcer

Why? I know he's a great guy, Selke winner, super cool, but let's look at the facts here: he's 35, not a gamebreaker by any stretch of the imagination, and most importantly has one year left on his deal.

Any proposed deal would be "Draper+X" of course, but my point is is that Kris really doesn't have any value at all for a rebuilding team since he's only going to be a round for one season. Picks and prospects, that's all they're looking for.

starting to run of out players here....lol. I agree and think blake will be traded before te end of the night. To me, theres only four good forwards left tha we should try to get.....if we don't, then I think we should keep with the team we have.

Last minute pickups:

1. Guerin, Bertuzzi

2. Blake, Bertuzzi

3. Nolan, Bertuzzi

and when i say bertuzzi, i only mean if the price is right. Like maybe for a 5th round pick.

starting to run of out players here....lol. I agree and think blake will be traded before te end of the night. To me, theres only four good forwards left tha we should try to get.....if we don't, then I think we should keep with the team we have.

Last minute pickups:

1. Guerin, Bertuzzi

2. Blake, Bertuzzi

3. Nolan, Bertuzzi

and when i say bertuzzi, i only mean if the price is right. Like maybe for a 5th round pick.

5th pick sounds too low...I'd go 3rd rounder for him or a conditional pick based on whether or not he plays/produces due to the back injury and the fact that he hasn't proven he is healthy...I have a back injury now, its been there for close to 2 months, they recur and can really hold you down, so I kind of hope they take caution with Bertuzzi....

P.S. The Hussey call-up may be signaling a trade is on the way since it is unlikely that the person acquired would be dressed tomorrow and as far as I know there are no new injuries and Ellis is still up...so I think he may be moving to Detroit....but I'm speculating with hope...

Last minute pickups:

1. Guerin, Bertuzzi

2. Blake, Bertuzzi

3. Nolan, Bertuzzi

I have Nolan ahead of Blake on my list.

btw...you're dreaming if you think they'll let Bert go for a 5th rounder.