• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
russianswede919293

Wings have made an Offer for Jason Blake

Rate this topic

Guest JBlakeFan55

I have ben a life long Detroit resident and as eveyone other caucasian in the state a Wings fan , But formerly i was an Islanders fan. I was a fan when the Wiz went to the ile and have remained a fan of the NYI . But recently the team and all its medoracrodie have continuouly let me down. With the recent loss of York and Zitty and the unheard of conctract given to Rick the team has some what lost its appeal. So as of lately i have started folllowing the wings again and can i say boy is it fun to finally watch a winning team. Yet there was still one person on the NYI that i continue to have a great love for Jason Blake . You all can imagine my excitement when i heard that there was a possiblity of him comming to my home town i was thrilled. Blake is a play worth watching in the leauge he is small but has more heart and drive then many players in the league. He also has the ablilty to score which in my opion has never hurt a orgainization, Thus far he has a more than respectable 27 goals on par with the likes of all our hero zetterberg who is also a force to watch yet . I feel if blake were to be traded to the Wings he would just improve on his all ready impressive season due the the fact that he will now have a much stronger supporting cast to work with he may not be exactly what the wings need , but there is no chance he can hurt the Wings organization. He can only add just that much more heart and hustle to the all ready rock solid team. So i just hope that Jason will come to hockeytown and help the Wings contiune the tradion of exccellence.

GOD BLESS THE USA AND GO RED WINGS

If Nashville gets him, then I give up on hockey.

U r not the only one

Jason Blake does not know how to slack off. I periodically watch Islanders games, and he's consistently among the most impressive players on their roster. Paired with half-way respectable linemates, he could turn our #2 unit into something good.

Ya ive watched him also this year, cuz sometimes i get center ice for free sometimes and wow he is just great

Blake would be ok, you could send Maltboy and useless Willy out there for him, bring Bootland up, get Guerin, and we would knock the preds out of the playoffs.

Garth Snow may be an inexpierenced GM, but he's not an idiot. Please, be serious here.

Garth Snow may be an inexpierenced GM, but he's not an idiot. Please, be serious here.

Not bashing you here but what about 15yr 67.5 million dollar contract with DiPietro. That's not inexperience that's just plain dumb.

Bondra has been a RW his whole career.

The correct answer is to put Hudler in Williams' spot. Hudler is a far better goal scorer than Williams, and ythat's who we need on Lang's wing--a guy who can find the back of the net. A big part of Lang's slump is that Cleary and Willy haven't been putting the puck away. Give him someone who can do so and we'll have a second line that scores.

Thanks for correcting me, I'm not sure why I thought that he was a center.

As for Fedotenko, I read somwhere that Tampa was looking for a stick handling defenseman, not sure if their needs have changed or not now. I guess I'm not too into the idea of the Wings adding more people that are small. :unsure: I just hope that if we do pick up someone we dont sell out our farm system. Id rather get a guy comparable to Danny Markov for a pick than Guerin for a prospect and some picks, although I heard that this years draft isn't suposed to be too talented...

What is dumb is that you think that deal was ALL of Garth's doing. Charles Wang, look him up.

So what? Your telling me it was all Wang. Doubt it. Garth did have something to do with that deal. He's the GM right? Doesn't matter who did that deal.....it's one of the worst deals in recent memory. Can we agree on that??

I'm not sure Blakesy would fit in with the Wings lockerroom. For the same reason that he was never drafted. Which would be the same reason why he was never able to catch on in Los Angeles.

Wonder why he's being shopped when the Isles are in the middle of a heated race to make the Play Offs? He leads the Isles in goals and in points, after all.....

Don't get me wrong, I love Blakesy's hustle. But there's a definite culture inside the Wings lockerroom, and I don't think Jason Blake would fit in.

Hmmm what do you mean? Why wouldn't he fit? Is he not a good guy to have around? Or am I totally off here?

So what? Your telling me it was all Wang. Doubt it. Garth did have something to do with that deal. He's the GM right? Doesn't matter who did that deal.....it's one of the worst deals in recent memory. Can we agree on that??

It is the worst deal yes. Wang made Snow GM...and Wang was doing stupid s*** all summer. That deal also happened very early in Snow's GM career. So yes, it was all Wang.

Blake would be ok, you could send Maltboy and useless Willy out there for him, bring Bootland up, get Guerin, and we would knock the preds out of the playoffs.

What would Bootland give us?

Not bashing you here but what about 15yr 67.5 million dollar contract with DiPietro. That's not inexperience that's just plain dumb.

Well not when you factor in market and dollar inflation :hehe:

Q:Do you think Draper would waive his NTC to go to the Islanders?

A:No way in hell

Agreed- he wants to retire a Wing and I hope he does!

What would Bootland give us?

Visions of a place where footwear literally grows on trees?

Q:Do you think Draper would waive his NTC to go to the Islanders?

A:No way in hell

He'd waive it if it became clear he was no longer wanted on the Wings. Maybe not to the Isles per se, but the only thing a NTC will do is give the player a bit of control of his destination. Very rarely does a guy with a NTC stick around with a team that wants to trade him.

No one was screaming "NTC!!!!" when Pete and Tkachuk were involved in trade rumors. Why is that?

Kinda missed all the hooplah today, so here's my two cents:

Damn these rentals are getting expensive. You sit pat, and in a few years all the playoff teams are on the outside because all their young guys are somewhere else, and the teams with all the young guys are too inexperienced to make a run at it. Then you're the big dog all the sudden.

Or maybe not. But I've got a feeling the price for Guerin/Blake is, like, the deed to the franchise at this point.

He'd waive it if it became clear he was no longer wanted on the Wings. Maybe not to the Isles per se, but the only thing a NTC will do is give the player a bit of control of his destination. Very rarely does a guy with a NTC stick around with a team that wants to trade him.

No one was screaming "NTC!!!!" when Pete and Tkachuk were involved in trade rumors. Why is that?

I really doubt the Wings are shopping Draper though.

It is the worst deal yes. Wang made Snow GM...and Wang was doing stupid s*** all summer. That deal also happened very early in Snow's GM career. So yes, it was all Wang.

Agreed. It's an absolutely horrendous deal. There are so many WAY better goalies than Dipietro. Heck, Dipietro looks marginally better than Raycroft on some nites. And he is definitely, no way near Ryan Miller, who makes much less.

The Red Wings are not shopping Drapes nor will they ever. I cannot even believe that this is being discussed. The Blues and Flyers are not going to make the playoffs so they dealt they're unrestricted FAs to be in order to rebuild. The Wings are going to the post season, Draper is not a UFA and from what I can see, he will probably retire a Wing.