• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sting 11

OFFICIAL: Todd Bertuzzi a Red Wing

Rate this topic

All right. I think I can put together coherent sentences now.

I'm not 100% thrilled with this. I can understand why everyone wants him here. BUT he hasn't been healthy, and he could hurt his back again and we'd be screwed. That, and I've just never really liked the guy. I just hope he can stay healthy, and that he doesn't do anything stupid again. If he plays well for us then I will be more accepting. Like Kira said, he's got to EARN the Winged Wheel.

Matthias was having a great year. I really hate to see him go, but at least it wasn't Kindl.

NHL.com is now reporting the trade was for two conditional picks, one in 2007 and one in 2008.

NHL.com

Edited by Icer

I also saw on Onrait's trade blog on TSN (not sure if we've gotten this specific in the thread):

...conditional draft pick that could be as high as a number one if the Wings get deep into the playoffs, Bertuzzi plays a certain number of games AND he re-signs with the Wings in the summer.

Kenny really negotiated the hell out of these terms.

*raises a glass* Here's to you, Mr. Holland. You did good.

Awesome trade. I think Mathias for Bert is a good gamble to take. I would have prefered to give up one of the many undersized skilled European forwards we have, but oh well.

wow, it's hard to get a word in edgewise around here today! :P

I am happy with the pick-up of Bert, IF he can get healthy and play somewhere in the vicinity of his pre-2004 level. I worry about the back surgery, but if he can rehab and get back before the playoffs, this is a great addition. We need a player just like him, if not Bert himself. I just hope we don't wind up with a slightly less costly edition of Derian Hatcher, in terms of the injury and relative uselessness to the club.

As for the incident with Moore, I believe Bertuzzi is sincerely sorry. He did his pennance and paid the fines required of him by the authorities... so we move on, now. I am more than willing to give the guy a chance as a Wing.

I can't wait to watch other players bounce off that big body the way Cheli did, every time he flung himself on Bert in the 2002 playoffs! :lol:

Kenny is a genius if this works out the way we hope. I, for one, won't second guess our GM -- he knows stuff we don't about this situation.

:thumbup: and :clap:, Kenny!!

Homer Datsyuk Z burg

Calder Draper Bertuzzi

Malts Lang Cleary

Filppula Hulder Samuelsson

Do something with Franzen

This will NOT be the line combos.

Most likely

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Homer

Calder/Samuellsson-Lang-Bertuzzi

Maltby-Draper-Franzen

Cleary-Filppula- Hudler

Picks confirmed (via Holland on 1270am):

- Conditional in 2007 can be a 1st if Wings reach conference finals and as high as a 2nd-rounder if Bertuzzi plays 2/3rd of the Wings games + performance.

- Conditional 2nd in 2008 if he re-signs with the Red Wings.

Picks confirmed (via Holland on 1270am):

- Conditional in 2007 can be a 1st if Wings reach conference finals and as high as a 2nd-rounder if Bertuzzi plays 2/3rd of the Wings games + performance.

- Conditional 2nd in 2008 if he re-signs with the Red Wings.

Very very very very fair.