• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sting 11

OFFICIAL: Todd Bertuzzi a Red Wing

Rate this topic

my math teacher told me we got calder for williams and i was happy. then i looked a the clock and groand because there was only 2 hours left. i come home look at nhl.com and see a article called "Wings grab Bertuzzi." I had to look at this many times to believe it. I'm happy. good job holland :clap:

Guest MrSandMan

All right. I think I can put together coherent sentences now.

I'm not 100% thrilled with this. I can understand why everyone wants him here. BUT he hasn't been healthy, and he could hurt his back again and we'd be screwed. That, and I've just never really liked the guy. I just hope he can stay healthy, and that he doesn't do anything stupid again. If he plays well for us then I will be more accepting. Like Kira said, he's got to EARN the Winged Wheel.

How would we be screwed if he throws his back? He's more than we have now, right? Without him, we'd be the same.... we don't have to give our conditional pick and we're only out a prospect that probably won't ever make an impact anyhow.

I'm glad we made this deal.

Bert's on TSN right now. So far, he said he's extremely excited and can't wait to play with Lidstrom, Schneider, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, and the rest of the team.

Nick will be happy too, he no longer has to defend against him. It will be nice to see him on our PP, goaltenders are going to have fits as they have to contend with him and Homer.

How would we be screwed if he throws his back? He's more than we have now, right? Without him, we'd be the same.... we don't have to give our conditional pick and we're only out a prospect that probably won't ever make an impact anyhow.

I'm glad we made this deal.

No, I understand that. It's just that if he throws his back we'd be getting someone we can't even use. Kinda defeats the purpose. *shrug*

Dammit... I had to fly to Kentucky today.

Get in the hotel, power up the laptop and see this topic.

I'm sure everyone has already covered every positive and negative on this trade, but I just want to say that I think its a risk the Wings had to take.

Lets just hope Bert is motivated and plays like the guy we all hated so much years ago in the playoffs.

Yes, Yes, Hell Yes!! I was hoping for this. He will be awesome here guys, wait and see.

Hey Matt, I know we both were down with this move, and we didn't give up a roster player.

Good one Kenny!!!

Edited by rage

No, I understand that. It's just that if he throws his back we'd be getting someone we can't even use. Kinda defeats the purpose. *shrug*

Well sure, but we're not giving up somone we can use right now either. No risk, high reward.

I'm just kinda bummed about the whole he'll be ready to play "sometime in March", or he "could be in the line-up in 2-3 weeks" stuff. I was really hoping one of the reasons Kenny made the deal was because he was ready to go...

I'm just kinda bummed about the whole he'll be ready to play "sometime in March", or he "could be in the line-up in 2-3 weeks" stuff. I was really hoping one of the reasons Kenny made the deal was because he was ready to go...

It would be nice if he was 100% now, but we dont need him right now. Were sitting comfortaby in the standings.

It would be nice if he was 100% now, but we dont need him right now. Were sitting comfortaby in the standings.

Oh I get that, it's just a bummer, I wanna see him play! :(

On another note, I can't wait to talk trade stuff while watching the game tonight BUT I got a new computer, anyone know how I can retrieve my LGW log in, so i can set it up at home? THANKS!

seems like a lot more people support this acquisition then i thought. Considering the price we paid, I think its a great deal. (unless he gets injured before the playoffs :() But overall, I think its good.

Does anyone oppose the deal?

YOU GUYS THINK WILL RE SIGN HIM?

Well, we will have room for him. Fishers salary should be freed up next year. Williams is gone so that should leave about 3 million just right there. The key will be if he stays healthy and produces. If he produces, I can see the wings going after him. Personally, I would love to see them resign him if he makes a positive impact on the team. :)

All depends on how he performs in the playoffs IMO.

At the moment he looks like just a rental to me, because the Wings seem intent on resigning Datsyuk, so we have to keep that cap space open.

Guest DetroitBoy313

I don't know if Bertuzzi will want to resign but then again like my father just said,why wouldn't he?This is a first class organization he will be treated well and probably given a second chance at his career.It does kind of erk me to that were goin to see him in a wings jersey he probably is one of the players that I thought I would NEVER see in a Wings sweater.And I know everyone still has in the back of his head of what he did to Moore but unfortunately things happen in life and those was a horrible incident that I guarantee he is deeply saddened by it when he thinks about what he did,sometiems we let our nerves get the best of us.But I welcome Todd Bertuzzi because I am a Red Wings fan and I root for my team.LET GO RED WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just went on a preds board, I wanted to get their initial reaction to the news...funny stuff...

New #1 hated Redwing!

TooToo just got another head to hunt!!!!

His back vs Foppa's ankle for the Central!!!!!

Bertuzzi to the Wings. Yes, we have more reason to hate the bastards.

We'll see about that Tootoo comment ;)

ya but schneider lang will be out ... that would open up 6 million ... and then williams is gone ... calder is a ufa ... markov is a ufa that would be another 2.5 ... + cap geos up ...

so we are going to have a 9 million at least to spend ... we can resign datsyuk and bertuzzi ... we dont need lang schneider calder ... it would be good to re sign markov ... but im sure the rookies can take over for them specially for lang ... anyways i really really hope bert stays with us ... he would be a great help for the future too

wow! that's great news. i hope he gets healthy. i wish he'd have more time to get acclimated to the team before the playoffs, but damn, if he's healthy, i think we have the best front 6 in the league. and if he's not healthy we didn't sell the farm to get him. great job kenny. i was expecting to get home from work and read that nothing had been done. i'm excited. just wish we'd get to see him play soon. :clap:

I'm a little late to the posting game but I just want to say this in regards to getting Bertuzzi:

GLEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Now we've improved our skating with Calder, and gained just a little nasty edge with Bertuzzi, and if neither of them produces (HIGHLY UNLIKELY) we haven't lost anything. We're gonna have some fun now.