• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jdog19

God Bless the L.A. Marathon!

Rate this topic

Not only is the Marathon coverage scheduled until 11am PST, NBC has decided that they don't want to clip the NHL coverage completely, so they will graciously let us watch the last hour of the Red Wings game! Yipee!

I mean...I would love to watch the game in it's entirety, but not at the expense of hours of grafitti watching! :P

Next season...it's DTV, CenterIce, and no more bitching.

I just seen the guide, and it says there is only paid programming on before the Wings game tomorrow. And it also says the game will start on time. Am I missing something here?

Likely the references to LA and PST...

That really bites, it mystifies me on how America can be so indifferent to a sport like Hockey. I love all sports and basically watch whatever sport I can find on TV, whether it's college basketball between two unranked teams or poker (which is apparently a sport now.)

However I can easily say Hockey is far and away the most enjoyable to watch, even despite growing up a Basketball fan hockey won me over easily. Same goes for Soccer really, easily the world's most popular sport yet people barely care about it in the states, what the hell is wrong with us?

Thank god I'm in Michigan and GOING to the game :) lol

I don't have to worry about the dumb marathon!

How can you be a Wings fan, or a hockey fan for that matter, in Los Angeles and not have Center Ice? I mean, they don't even broadcast all the Kings games locally and you expect them to show the Wings game over a marathon?

Edited by al48

How can you be a Wings fan, or a hockey fan for that matter, in Los Angeles and not have Center Ice? I mean, they don't even broadcast all the Kings games locally and you expect them to show the Wings game over a marathon?

I do have center ice - you should know better Catch.,,,

I do have center ice - you should know better Catch.,,,

Hell, I didn't even realize that was you posting this. So, what's the problem then?

EDIT...crap, I'm way off...never mind...I'm going to bed. At any rate...the Kings suck. I heard attendence was in the dumps today. Most likely because there isn't any draw for the other teams fans, which is all it usually is at Staples

Edited by al48

Hell, I didn't even realize that was you posting this. So, what's the problem then?

I didn't post the original thread - i was just saying THANK GOD i'm in Detroit and GOING to the game tomorrow...

even if you do have center ice - local games are blacked out on it silly!

That really bites, it mystifies me on how America can be so indifferent to a sport like Hockey. I love all sports and basically watch whatever sport I can find on TV, whether it's college basketball between two unranked teams or poker (which is apparently a sport now.)

However I can easily say Hockey is far and away the most enjoyable to watch, even despite growing up a Basketball fan hockey won me over easily. Same goes for Soccer really, easily the world's most popular sport yet people barely care about it in the states, what the hell is wrong with us?

Why should something be wrong with us if we have different sports tastes from the rest of the world? I resent that. Maybe something is wrong with the rest of the world in that football has not caught on there.

Why should something be wrong with us if we have different sports tastes from the rest of the world? I resent that. Maybe something is wrong with the rest of the world in that football has not caught on there.

Real football is already the worlds game ;)

they are showing dumb marathon here in LA, and what a surprise NHL Center Ice's channel that is supposed to show Red Wings is f***g blocked...

Despite of having NHL Center Ice I don't get to see this game in full...

they are showing dumb marathon here in LA, and what a surprise NHL Center Ice's channel that is supposed to show Red Wings is f***g blocked...

Is that thrilling Penguins - Flyers game on instead? :P

That is such an overused matchup. Blah blah blah, Sid scores, Hatcher gets beat badly, Malkin scores, Hatcher gets beat again, Recchi scores, Hatcher gets beat yet again. It's pretty much the same thing every time.

Guest paveldatsukthenextsavard

same here in orange county, i don't understand why they have to block out the game if they're not showing it on nbc anyways. i hate socal sometimes

Amen (again).

By the way, SoCal folks, I'm in San Diego at the moment and saw the game in its entirety. So I suppose it must have been an LA thing only.

When are you leaving? I wont be back until Wednesday... :(

I have another game to attend. I have to reverse NeverForgetMac#25's luck from today's game...I think he's the RGDT's kryptonite...

When are you leaving? I wont be back until Wednesday... :(

I have another game to attend. I have to reverse NeverForgetMac#25's luck from today's game...I think he's the RGDT's kryptonite...

A long time, unfortunately. Long story, but the sum and gist of it is, the powers that be in the Navy are RETARDS.

Leaves plenty of time if you want to swing down to Sandog for a visit :D

Not only is the Marathon coverage scheduled until 11am PST, NBC has decided that they don't want to clip the NHL coverage completely, so they will graciously let us watch the last hour of the Red Wings game! Yipee!

I mean...I would love to watch the game in it's entirety, but not at the expense of hours of grafitti watching! :P

Next season...it's DTV, CenterIce, and no more bitching.

Well, I'm from LA and I do have Center Ice, but the game was blacked out!!! So I just watched last hour of it on NBC. :crazy:

Edited by sharomyga

A long time, unfortunately. Long story, but the sum and gist of it is, the powers that be in the Navy are RETARDS.

Leaves plenty of time if you want to swing down to Sandog for a visit :D

Oh stop - enjoy SD it's a gorgeous city!!

Yes, and you can come up for the games on Center Ice if you wish! :)

Tomorrow Wings-Nashville eeee :)