• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Salviaman

Tootoo

Rate this topic

Stop comparing Tootoo to Maltby..Maltby has played on a checking line most of his career against the other teams top scorers...Does tootoo play against the other teams top scorers?? I'll bet he doesnt!!

Does toots play on the PK unit all the time??? NO!! so stop with the comparisons, Maltby is way more versatile than Tootoo will ever be!!

I was thinking the same thing. Maltby does more (plays defense?) then just skate around like an out of control mini cooper.

The eskimo is just out of control on the ice, hes reckless and with his charging every time he tries to hit someone, its only a matter of time before he hurts someone(hopefully himself). Too bad he coulnt have taken a run at Chris Simon.

Guest micah

If Nashville's poerplay were better, tootoo could have been their MVP, in his limited ice time he drew at least 3 undisiplined penalties. He knows his role and is very good at it.

Correct term would Inuit I believe.

that would be true if he is Inuit...if he is Eskimo then Eskimo is the right term...Eskimo is NOT like oriental...which is a region not a people...Eskimos are a people.

PC is for wussies

Okay, well after watching the game last night , I am now totally on board with the Too Too is a (insert expletive here) little punk! Especially after his little from behind cheap shot on Datsyuk after the play had been whistled. I would LOVE to see anyone from any team pound him in to a pulp!!! :punch:

Side note: Datsyuk's check on Hordichuck last neam was FREAKIN' AWESOME! :thumbup:

If Nashville's poerplay were better, tootoo could have been their MVP, in his limited ice time he drew at least 3 undisiplined penalties. He knows his role and is very good at it.

Yeah, and if Hasek weighed 600lbs he's win the Vezina, the Hart, and the Conn Smythe every year. Fruitoo is a punk and the las 2 games have cemented him in my "All-Time Most Hated Players" list somewhere between Lemieux and Foote. And it's not because he kills the Wings offensively (see Forsberg) or defensively (see Pronger) it's because he does nothing well but run at our players from across the rink and drop his gloves and throw punches one night and ******* out when challenged the next.

In *my* opinion Tootoo is one of the leagues premier power forwards who can score, hit, fight, and basically do it all.

*dodges tomatoes*

:D

Fight? :lol:

Is that why Tootoo did not want to fight Bootland last night with this time being in a fair match-up.

If he's causing such a stir everywhere he plays, especially here...He's obviously doing something right. He's tremendous at taking the opposition off of their game, focusing on head hunting him. I would love for him to play on my team. I also like the fact that he's 5'9'' and playing that kind of style...I don't hate Tootoo, i just hate Nashville.

And for everyone comparing Tootoo and Maltby. It's a good comparison. They play the same style. Tootoo girled out last night against Bootland. But, if you remember, Maltby girled out when Fiddler dropped his gloves last night also..

Guest micah

Tootoo girled out last night against Bootland. But, if you remember, Maltby girled out when Fiddler dropped his gloves last night also..

If you recall though, Tootoo girlied out and got his team on the PP. The Wings didn't benefit at all from Maltby's cowardice.

Edited by micah

I still hate the little prick with a passion. Wants to act like a tough guy in Nashville and drop his gloves before Booters had a chance to get ready, and then wanted no parts of Booters last night. He's just a little *****, and there's going to be somebody who he pisses off enough that they're going to take his sorry ass out.

I hope he's stupid enough to go after Bert when we play them the last time.

Tootoo will be Sean Avey in two years.

Is this supposed to be a bad thing? Im sure given Tootoo's physical style of play Nashville would be thrilled if Tootoo also knocked in around 15 goals a year.

Edited by Lou_Siffer

You talk about being a man and yet you don't even get it. You wanna talk about toughness, "being a man", i'm all for it Mr. Expert. Fighting in hockey and in general has been an interest of mine for a long time. If you want to match wits about the Code or hockey fights in general then please let me know. I'd love to hear what you have to say.

Yeah, I bought that book too... doesn't make either of us an expert. I didn't say (or at least didn't MEAN) that I think Bertuzzi was conciously thinking about how to end a career - no one who plays hockey could be that malicious (well, I guess they could... but I prefer to think of them as admirable and prideful). Nevertheless, he DID.

I'm a lot of things (stubborn is one of them, you nailed that on the head!) but stupid - I am not. Yes, indeed, "s***" does happen - but, what you forget to mention, Socrates, is that the likelihood of destroying a life, and a career, increases the more behind the attackee you are.

Being a man and being tough are two different things, which I'm sure you can grasp. I believe that you can do whatever you want to a fellow player as long as he's looking at you. He steps onto the ice with the understanding that there is a certain danger level he's accepting, and that's totally fair. But anytime someone breaks the "code," it's a malicious attack. Should it be punishable by law? I'm not so sure about that, because hockey is a dangerous endeavor... but someone who is a professional has to know when the line has been crossed and when you're still playing fair.

The vast majority of hockey players get it - and I'm sure that Todd Bertuzzi gets it. That doesn't mean that he didn't cross the line and take a partially unmitigated cheap shot at a "defenseless player" - but so did the other players that you've listed as examples. Yes, Tie Domi crossed the line MANY times. Is he a man? Yes. Did he act like a man those times? No. He acted like a goon and a tough guy.

I think that now you and I are saying the same thing and it's probably become reduntant. I don't mean to derail the thread and make it about Bertuzzi, because we're trying to talk about Jordin Tootoo. My original post was just to say that while we, as Red Wings fans, love to hate him, I'm sure we'd learn to love him if he was on our side. He may be a dirty player on ocassion, but we've just established that players can and do cross that line, and while it's unfortunate, it hasn't dissuaded anyone from being a Bertuzzi fan or a Tie Domi fan or a Chris Chelios fan or a (God help us) Claude Lemieux fan.

Why do people keep refering to Tootoo an eskimo? do people go around calling Larague annoying black man? or Kariya a pesky little Jap??

Thats like asking why a pred fan goes around saying *insert player name* sucks.

I'd like to see a show of hands of everyone who wishes he was on our team.

:rolleyes:

And after a show of hands, explain something:

Around hockey, [though not in here, cuz he plays for another team], Tootoo is regarded as player alot of teams would love to have.

Bertuzzi on the other hand ...

Edited by motorcitykid

And after a show of hands, explain something:

Around hockey, [though not in here, cuz he plays for another team], Tootoo is regarded as player alot of teams would love to have.

Bertuzzi on the other hand ...

Wow. Let's bring up the Moore incident AGAIN.