• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Andy Pred 48

Flames or Avs

Rate this topic

It looks like the final spot in the west is between these 2 and on current form the Avs could well nick it. Calgary seem to be in freefall at present with only 1 win in there last 6 games.Whereas the Avs look like they are hitting some form at just the right time, 8 wins and 1 OT loss in their last 9 is championship form.Our own Redwings could make it all the more interesting by winning in Calgary Tues. April will be the make or break as they face each other twice in the space of 5 days with the second game being the last regular game of the season in Colarado, now that could be a real barn burner.

Gotta give the Avs some credit, they're still very much in the battle, 8-1-1 in their last ten. Flames haven't been getting results and are feeling the heat.

Edmonton is just TANKING it right now too, they are something like 0-10-0 in their last 10.

Don't be so hard on them, they DO have one whole point out of their last ten games. :P

But yeah, they're embarrassing right now. I can't believe they actually got into the finals last year.

There's no guarantee that the Wings are going to even win the division to play Colorado or Calgary, they gave it right back to Nashville for better/worse after losing in Vancouver on Saturday.

It doesn't matter who the Wings play in the postseason for the first round, every team that makes the playoffs is very capable of making a deep run.

Gotta give the Avs some credit, they're still very much in the battle, 8-1-1 in their last ten. Flames haven't been getting results and are feeling the heat.

Don't be so hard on them, they DO have one whole point out of their last ten games. :P

But yeah, they're embarrassing right now. I can't believe they actually got into the finals last year.

They did lose Pronger over the offseason and Smyth, recently. I think the Smyth trade took everything out of them. They really didn't want that guy to leave.

easy there! Im sure if you took Lidstrom off our team, then took Zetterberg off, dont you think we'd have a bit of troublee producing? The team you see now in Edmonton is not what took them to the playoffs last year, do your homework.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Flames have a much tougher schedule ahead of them. Avs will steal their spot.

Lets hope. Whos scarier Kipper or ******* Jose Theodore/Budaj. can't belive im saying this but

GO AVS GO! WE NEED AN EZ FIRST ROUND!

I'd rather finish 1st and play the Avs or 4th and play the Stars than finish 1st to play the Flames or 4th to play the Sharks....

Minnesota is a wild card....... :P

My sentiments exactly. If they aren;t afreaid to check im afraid of them.

They did lose Pronger over the offseason and Smyth, recently. I think the Smyth trade took everything out of them. They really didn't want that guy to leave.

easy there! Im sure if you took Lidstrom off our team, then took Zetterberg off, dont you think we'd have a bit of troublee producing? The team you see now in Edmonton is not what took them to the playoffs last year, do your homework.

They weren't even going to the playoffs with Smyth still on the team. And to me, trading away your captain and the heart and soul of your team is not quite the recipe for constant success. What could have been such a big problem with his contract negotiations? You keep hold of those kind of guys no matter what.

Pronger I admit but they got a decent return for him.

First off, the Avs that could make the playoffs are not the same team we have beaten up on this season. I will be a very difficult round if we face them. I hope the attitude on the boards does not reflect that of the team.

Secondly, Smyth and the Oilers were arguing over a measely 100K... tell me Smyth wanted to stay in Edmonton. He would have been making well over 6 million, I believe.

Secondly, Smyth and the Oilers were arguing over a measely 100K... tell me Smyth wanted to stay in Edmonton. He would have been making well over 6 million, I believe.

Yeah, I personally don't know enough of what's going on between them so I'll rather leave it at that. I didn't mean to turn this thread into an Oilers debate, I apologise for the needless bashing.

As to the Avs-Flames question, I'd love to see the Avs as our 1st round opponent. Maybe some of that old fire between us could be brought back. Not to mention they're probably easier to beat. :P

Of course, marginals are so small right now that our 1st opponent is basically a toss-up between Vancouver, Dallas, San Jose, Minnesota, Calgary and Colorado.

I'd much rather play the Avs. Screw this "careful what you wish for" crap. I WANT COLORADO. The Flames are big and strong and Kiprusoff has "Hot Goalie" written all over him. Don't want anything to do with that team, no matter how bad they're playing now.

I'm totally hoping for the Avs, ironically. For selfish reasons it's fun to have the local team in the playoffs, plus I'd probably have a shot at tix for one of the first round games. I was actually hoping Minnesota would drop out - my LEAST favorite team to watch play - I don't think I could make it through a Wild playoff series - then again the first rounds probably won't even be televised with the NHLs non-existent TV contract..........

I'd much rather play the Avs. Screw this "careful what you wish for" crap. I WANT COLORADO. The Flames are big and strong and Kiprusoff has "Hot Goalie" written all over him. Don't want anything to do with that team, no matter how bad they're playing now.

They took 2/4 from us. They've shown they're capable of beating us. Also, Paul Stasiny is having one heck of a rookie year. And if you haven't seen, Peter Budaij is the playing that role of the "hot" goalie instead of Kip. All Kiprusoff is doing is letting his team get knocked out of the playoffs. I'd just hate to see us playing this young and very potent offensive team that could finally piece by piece coming together.

Edited by Mudvayneowns91

First off, the Avs that could make the playoffs are not the same team we have beaten up on this season. I will be a very difficult round if we face them. I hope the attitude on the boards does not reflect that of the team.

No offense man, but you really haven't beaten us up this season we're both 1-0-1 against each other, I think it would be a great series, but there are still 10 games left, and I know the Avs now hold there own destiny, but it is very unlikely they will win all the rest of their games. The eighth spot is no lock for either team. But I will say this I will be a Red Wing fan tomorrow night. If we do get in, you guys just do your part and win the division so maybe we can get a little bit of our rivalry back :D

Edited by csdan

No offense man, but you really haven't beaten us up this season we're both 1-0-1 against each other, I think it would be a great series, but there are still 10 games left, and I know the Avs now hold there own destiny, but it is very unlikely they will win all the rest of their games. The eighth spot is no lock for either team. But I will say this I will be a Red Wing fan tomorrow night. If we do get in, you guys just do your part and win the division so maybe we can get a little bit of our rivalry back :D

No offense taken, but I'm not refering to the final score, more the play on-ice.

Second, I have no contempt whatsoever for the Avs, except for the fans who take away from something that was great by watering it down today (no offense). Personally, I'm rooting for the Avs as my third pick, but of course Wings come first and Rangers are my back-up team. I'm hoping the Avs make it because they've sort of won me over.

One last edit: I will submit and say that there was one game against the Avs where they completely dominated a very lazy Detroit squad, which I believe they one 3-1.

Edited by Earthhuman

They took 2/4 from us. They've shown they're capable of beating us. Also, Paul Stasiny is having one heck of a rookie year. And if you haven't seen, Peter Budaij is the playing that role of the "hot" goalie instead of Kip. All Kiprusoff is doing is letting his team get knocked out of the playoffs. I'd just hate to see us playing this young and very potent offensive team that could finally piece by piece coming together.

Calgary plays a style that matches up really well with Detroit. They're a dump and chase team with bruising forwards and defensemen. Colorado's style is one the Red Wings welcome.

Peter Budaj is a hot goalie now. Mikka Kiprusoff is a Vezina winner and a proven playoff performer who put his team on his back when they couldn't score goals to save their lives.

Regular season matchups are meaningless when the playoffs start.

I'll take Colorado.

I'd much rather have Colorado. As BlueMonk said, Calgary matches up really well against us. Colorado has a pretty non-existant defense and weak goaltending (knock on wood).

There's no guarantee that the Wings are going to even win the division to play Colorado or Calgary, they gave it right back to Nashville for better/worse after losing in Vancouver on Saturday.

It doesn't matter who the Wings play in the postseason for the first round, every team that makes the playoffs is very capable of making a deep run.

That's very true