• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings_Dynasty

Hudler vs. Flip vs. Sammy vs. Cleary

Rate this topic

Hudler has done much more with his time than Flip has. I'd take Huddles over Flip, but honestly I'd take both of them and let others sit...or rather...if others DON'T score, sit them and give the young guns a chance.

Guest Crymson

Kopecky will never play. I think we all know this.

Cleary will NEVER, EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER be benched. I think we also know this.

Hudler has been very good lately, but is small.

Babs loves Flip

Babs loves Sammy, but he's hideous lately.

I'd say Sammy or Huds. Unfortunately, probably Huds. That makes me want to vomit.

Filpulla WILL NOT SIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! take him out of this discussion now!! its absurd to even suggest the possibility of it happening--He is an UNTOUCHABLE (Quote Kenny Holland) and has played fantastic in the limmited ice time he gets!

Hudler--I cant see how anyone could bench him at this stage and how he is currently playing is great!

Cleary--having a carreer year and if he gets back into form the last 3-4 games he will stay in the Lineup.

Sammy-- can get hot scoring but it hasnt happened yet--he has to be the odd man out until someone else screws up or starts to slump!

Kopecky--PLEASE!! he is done for the year and will be nothing more than a reserve in case of injuries.

Edited by Lazerbeam

Does anyone think Maltby might be a possibility to sit? Filppula is now playing a couple of minutes a night on the PK, therefore reducing Maltby’s role. Despite his playoff experience I wouldn’t rule him out to be the odd man out.

it feels good knowing that we have some depth up front...

as of right now, I'd want Maltby to sit because he's been struggling but since he's been in the playoffs many times, I know he'll be ready...so in that case, I'd want Sammy to sit

:clap: Malts is the odd man out now adays...

My apologies for rehashing anything but here's my 0.02...

Assumning everybody is healthy and we are talking right now, Cleary is in no matter what. Even if he's on a cold streak, I think it's safe that most here agree that while not the biggest, he battles/skates hard in the trenches and all that stuff. We need his work ethic in the playoffs. Hopefully he can start scoring again like he did in December.

Then the order would be

Rex

Flipper

Sammy

Rex has been a helluva finisher lately and as long as he keeps working hard and not fall off the face of the earth, he'll get some scoring chances

We all know of Samuelsson's annoyances of long unscreen bombs that rarely go in. If he somehow catches a hot streak though by the, give him a nod.

Look, I'd prefer to see the kids over Sammy as they've performed great under pressure and more PT lately. I'm trying to give Samuelsson some benefit of the doubt though, even if it's a small percentage.

I will say this again...

MALTBY WILL NOT BE SAT IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!

Seriously, how many times must this be stated? He's been with the Wings for such a long time, and he still does his job just fine. What really compensates him to be sat? Because he doesn't score very much? Neither does Draper. Neither does Fraznen. Neither does Cleary (lately). So please, let's cut off the Maltby criticism already.

Guest Tunbo Batman

all those players rock except samuelllson, so sit him. i kinda get the feeling that these moments here are critical to fillpula's development. me sees great things in this hard-working, talented young man's future. Hudller, except for his size, is great. those hands will score lots of goals. Cleary works way to hard to be benched :D

I support maltby sitting to be honest. Not only does he have the lowest point total of any of the listed players, he's also a -11. On this team, thats sad.

Hmmm.. being a PK might have something to do with that.... :blink:

If I'm Babs I have a meeting with Flip, Sammie and Huds and say that the 3 of them are trying out for 2 slots in the playoffs. The player that does what is asked of him the best is in. Actually, I would throw Maltby and Cleary in that mix as well and say 3 for 5.

Personally, I would like to see Huds and Flip stay in. Flip is better than Cleary and Huds is lookin mighty fine on the PP on the half-wall. The smirf has some skills.

Guest Tunbo Batman

EERRRRRRR!!!!

You are guilty of perpetuating

HOCKEY MYTH NUMBER 1028 : BEING A PK IS BAD FOR YOUR +/-.

STATUS : FALSE. +/- are only counted on even strength goals.

:P

If you don't believe me, ask Sheldon "Wayyyyy Over-rfu***g-rated" Souray...he's got like 700 goals this season and is like -2 :P

Edited by Tunbo Batman

I will say this again...

MALTBY WILL NOT BE SAT IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!

Seriously, how many times must this be stated? He's been with the Wings for such a long time

Irrelevant.

and he still does his job just fine. What really compensates him to be sat? Because he doesn't score very much? Neither does Draper. Neither does Fraznen. Neither does Cleary (lately).

They all score more than Malts, AND are better defensively.

So please, let's cut off the Maltby criticism already.

Yes, the guy was a part of 3 Cup wins. But he's a shadow of what he was then, and more importantly, he is redundant. He brings nothing that several other players don't already bring and do a better job at. Sammy is the only other guy you can really say is in that situation where his presence is a redundancy. Which is why I said one of them should sit.

I'd give Malts a chance, because he can do little things that don't show up on the scoresheet.

But like I said earlier this season, I like Malts, but I think the team has moved on a bit past him. He should have to earn his spot like everyone else. If there's someone who would be better in the playoffs than him, he should have to sit.

EERRRRRRR!!!!

You are guilty of perpetuating

HOCKEY MYTH NUMBER 1028 : BEING A PK IS BAD FOR YOUR +/-.

STATUS : FALSE. +/- are only counted on even strength goals.

:P

If you don't believe me, ask Sheldon "Wayyyyy Over-rfu***g-rated" Souray...he's got like 700 goals this season and is like -2 :P

Sorry, although you are partially right, the +/- stat is affected on a man advantage play if the disadvantaged team scores a goal. Therefore, if you let in a shortie you get a minus.

I don't condone Maltby's spot in the line-up simply because he's been a key player in the past. All players should be evaluated on their current level of play.

I would start both Maltby and Samuelson. But make it clear that it's not a free ride for either player.

PK isnt taken into account in +/-. Only even strength goals count on this. And it is sad to see that on this team. The only person that has any excuse to be any double digits "-" on this team is Calder, seeing as though he came from Philly with a - 72... then again even he's in the black since joining the wings...