• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Xduff83X

lilly pad fights moen! lmao!

Rate this topic

I fail to see the humor in Lilja fighting.People should be happy that he actually dropped the gloves with someone and he faired better than anyone thought he would.I'd be love to see more of the Pain Train dropping his gloves.If nothing else it might fire some guys up.Great nickname btw whoever thought of that. :D

Exactly. That's what got me upset in the few posts above. Finally a Wing sticks up for himself and his teammates and he gets bashed for it! That's pathetic. I'm so glad Lilja fought. It's made me respect him and actually like the guy a bit. You can tell how much momentum if gave the Wings and that much needed spark they needed to go out there and do their thing. Atta boy Lils!

Exactly. That's what got me upset in the few posts above. Finally a Wing sticks up for himself and his teammates and he gets bashed for it! That's pathetic. I'm so glad Lilja fought. It's made me respect him and actually like the guy a bit. You can tell how much momentum if gave the Wings and that much needed spark they needed to go out there and do their thing. Atta boy Lils!

no according to them its random intervention from god and coincidence the wings got fired up after the fight not lilja...duhhh

no according to them its random intervention from god and coincidence the wings got fired up after the fight not lilja...duhhh

So sad.

Don't get me wrong, I will call Lilja out any time of the day. But when he does something right, I am REQUIRED to give him props. See, that's all it takes Lils! You're a Red Wing...I love you! Use your size baby! Go ahead! THE PAIN TRAIN STOPS FOR NO ONE!!!

So sad.

Don't get me wrong, I will call Lilja out any time of the day. But when he does something right, I am REQUIRED to give him props. See, that's all it takes Lils! You're a Red Wing...I love you! Use your size baby! Go ahead! THE PAIN TRAIN STOPS FOR NO ONE!!!

:lol:

YEP. I am totally lovin this pain train thing going on! Thanks to HOH for starting it! :clap:

Hmmm..now which Predator will Lilja fight on Thursday?!

It completely motivated the team.. I was there, I'd say the fight was a draw. But, .. unlike some ignorant posters (which there will always be), the fight did what it was supposed to: FIRE UP THE TEAM! Period 2 was totally dominated by the Wings. "The Pain Train" .. :P Selanne burning by Mr. Lilly nonwithstanding, (which he can do to a LOT of defenseman), I thought he played quite well.

Is Tootoo back??? :unsure: If not Webber, but Webber has KO`d Moen before

I can see the headliner now.....

The Pain Train vs. the TooToo Train......

:lol:

edit:spelling

Edited by CdnWingsFanEh

Call me crazy but i've never been a real big Lilja fan but after that night I think I could see mysself liking him a bit more. I cannot belive he actually dropped the gloves! Don't know if anyone else noticed this but Lilja landed a few real nice shots that stunned Moen early on before Moen's fighting instincts kicked in. If Lilja started to fight more he could be a decent fighter and a better player IMO. The guy is 6-3 230 if he plays nasty like he did against the Ducks, I would have no problem dressing him as a 7th defensman in the PO.

This shows how sad the Wings have become when it comes to fighting. IMO the fight was embarrassing if your a Wings fan, we would have been better off not to even have had a fight. Lilja throws a punch and misses and as soon as the other guy throws a punch he dives to the ice and grabs the guys leg. Why didn't he just lay on the ice and turtle up? I would rather have my ass kicked than to act like that. That kinda stuff will sure send a message to the other team, I bet they got a good laugh out of it. I liked what they did over by the bench that showed me more than the fight. Dont you miss the days when we had guys who could actually win a fight. Kocer, Shanny, Mac, LaPoint, Konstantinov, Ward, etc. Why cant we have at least one guy who can fight.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::clap:

Its a sad state of affairs when a god awful fight, involving Andrea Lilja of all people, is getting this amount of attention.

It was an awful fight, he ended up turtling- and people are talking about how much of a message this sends to the rest of the league. I mean, props to Lilja for stepping up to a guy way out of his league- but the rest of the league still knows that Detroit is hands down the softest team in the league.

Its just hilarious that such a pathetic fight gets people so worked up.

Riiiiight. Because the fight didn't spark anything for the Wings huh?

You are totally exaggerating on Lilja, by the way. First off Lilja didn't throw a punch..he threw about three that all connected. He then TRIPPED and thats when Moen got the upperhand.

You think the Ducks got a laugh out of it? That's funny because I recall them saying the Wings played great last night and that they were surprised with their physical play. Which btw, is a good thing.

I'm sorry but the only thing embarassing out of all this is your post.

See, its homer garbage like this that gives decent LGW posters a bad name. Lets get one thing straight here, Lilja was LUCKY he didnt get hurt. I give him all the credit in the world for stepping up to the plate against Moen, but make no mistake about it- Moen is the overwhelmingly better fighter. Lilja threw a nice first punch that missed and followed it up with a couple non-damaging blows that may or may not have GLANCED Moen. At that point, his inexperience was exposed when he started leaning with his head and Moen easily threw him off balance and landed a couple shots. Lilja realized he was overmatched and clung to Moen's leg for dear life.

Again, nice to see a Red Wing actually step up- but dont get cocky. He had no clue what he was doing and was lucky to escape without any damage

If Lilja started to fight more he could be a decent fighter and a better player IMO. The guy is 6-3 230 if he plays nasty like he did against the Ducks, I would have no problem dressing him as a 7th defensman in the PO.

CC that message to Max Kuznetsov and Jiri Fischer. They are great big guys who have an advantage over the other non-fighters of the league because of their sheer size- but they lack the 'fighters spirit'. They will answer the bell occasionally and because of their overwhelming physical size, can do decent- but as we've all seen- the gunshy, reserved nature of their fighting style can get them hurt.

Its a sad state of affairs when a god awful fight, involving Andrea Lilja of all people, is getting this amount of attention.

It was an awful fight, he ended up turtling- and people are talking about how much of a message this sends to the rest of the league. I mean, props to Lilja for stepping up to a guy way out of his league- but the rest of the league still knows that Detroit is hands down the softest team in the league.

See, its homer garbage like this that gives decent LGW posters a bad name. Lets get one thing straight here, Lilja was LUCKY he didnt get hurt. I give him all the credit in the world for stepping up to the plate against Moen, but make no mistake about it- Moen is the overwhelmingly better fighter. Lilja threw a nice first punch that missed and followed it up with a couple non-damaging blows that may or may not have GLANCED Moen. At that point, his inexperience was exposed when he started leaning with his head and Moen easily threw him off balance and landed a couple shots. Lilja realized he was overmatched and clung to Moen's leg for dear life.

Again, nice to see a Red Wing actually step up- but dont get cocky. He had no clue what he was doing and was lucky to escape without any damage

Blah Blah Blah. You're so much smarter than everyone aren't you? Everyone here knows that Lilja is not a fighter and that the Wings never fight, THAT'S why it's getting this much attention. Lilja standing up to a real fighter and actually landed some punches is commendable. Hell, even the players were joking around about it in the dressing room. Nothing too serious, just starting to stick up for each other and come together as a team at the right time (which is what everyone here is always bitching to see). That's all that's being said. Seeing this kind of thing before we go into the playoffs is great considering how we've fared in previous years.

Yeah, and Lilly's third punch "GLANCED" Moen so hard it almost knocked his damn helmet off. Why do you think Moen tried to get him off balance? Because Lilly already gave him two good shots to the head.

But we're all homers man...

esteef

Edited by esteef

It took balls to stand and trade punches with a clearly superior fighter, Lilja deserves credit for that, and I'm sure he affected a lot of players' play that night by doing so. I can't say I didn't enjoy seeing a rare Red Wings fight, but there is a good reason we have the fewest fighting majors in the league. If anyone is going to fight, it should at least be someone who knows how to protect themselves properly, which rules out all but maybe 2 players in the lineup. Moen is a dangerous fighter, and Lilja put himself in serious risk by taking him on. I acknowledge what he did for the team, but I wouldn't want this to become a regular occurence for him.

First off, lose your damn attitude. Secondly, don't freaking call me out and say that i'm garbage or that I'm a homer poster. I've posted on these board for years and nearly every single day and no one has a problem with me. It's jerks like you that come around calling people out that gives all this a bad name. I have been ragging on Lilja all season which I believe makes me NOT a homer. I thought he played great and had a really good fight especially when it was against Moen who is supposedly suppose to kick his ass. That didn't happen and Lilja did a good job defending himself. I gave him credit because it was due and I would love to see more of it from him.vHe sparked the team and set the tone for them to play physical and on top of that to go out and win. You don't agree? Then fine. But don't go insulting and calling someone out to make yourself look better.

Edited by hockeycrazy3033

Yeah, you know your narcissistic attitude toward others is crap, you come in here just proclaiming stupid posts left and right, but when one of our guys, knowingly goes up against a proclaimed fighter and someone who he knows would probably beat him to a pulp if given the chance, i dont see that as stupid, i see it as courageous. Its not just coincidence that the team decided to step it up after that little brawl after the first period. He turned the game around, and while he doesnt have the best record, he shouldnt be attacked for the record when he actually steps up and does something.

Take off your lilja hate glasses that only allow you to look one direction and open your eyes

Yeah, you know your narcissistic attitude toward others is crap, you come in here just proclaiming stupid posts left and right, but when one of our guys, knowingly goes up against a proclaimed fighter and someone who he knows would probably beat him to a pulp if given the chance, i dont see that as stupid, i see it as courageous. Its not just coincidence that the team decided to step it up after that little brawl after the first period. He turned the game around, and while he doesnt have the best record, he shouldnt be attacked for the record when he actually steps up and does something.

Take off your lilja hate glasses that only allow you to look one direction and open your eyes

Atta boy! :clap:

no.... Shea Weber got KTFO by Travis Moen earlier this year

Lights out for Moen, than lights out for Weber... Except of course Moen just untucked the sweater from over his head while Weber needed help off the ice.

CC that message to Max Kuznetsov and Jiri Fischer. They are great big guys who have an advantage over the other non-fighters of the league because of their sheer size- but they lack the 'fighters spirit'. They will answer the bell occasionally and because of their overwhelming physical size, can do decent- but as we've all seen- the gunshy, reserved nature of their fighting style can get them hurt.

What is your problem anyways? You don't have to call out the whole board on it and act like a jackass.

Big deal. We seen a fight and thought it was cool. So what? We don't see that many fights around here anymore. Without Shanahan or McCarty, there hasn't been an actual player who really fights to play here (no, Norton and Bootland don't count).

The other reason we all made a big deal about it is because of who was involved in the fight. Moen, a pretty tough guy, and Lilja, who we all pretty much know about now. Sure Lilja didn't win, but he didn't get smoked with about 5 blind haymakers or get his face crunched in like Todd Fedoruk. Calm down already and stop calling people out just because we were happy there was a fight.

What is your problem anyways? You don't have to call out the whole board on it and act like a jackass.

Big deal. We seen a fight and thought it was cool. So what? We don't see that many fights around here anymore. Without Shanahan or McCarty, there hasn't been an actual player who really fights to play here (no, Norton and Bootland don't count).

The other reason we all made a big deal about it is because of who was involved in the fight. Moen, a pretty tough guy, and Lilja, who we all pretty much know about now. Sure Lilja didn't win, but he didn't get smoked with about 5 blind haymakers or get his face crunched in like Todd Fedoruk. Calm down already and stop calling people out just because we were happy there was a fight.

Lilja has fought before, and against some pretty stiff competition actually tougher than Moen...its not like this is some guy who came completely out of nowhere with a fight like say, Kronwall for example. Im happy Lilja fought, but some of us have the "ITS ABOUT TIME!" reaction more so than the "WAY TO GO LILJA!!" reaction is all...

Lilja has fought before, and against some pretty stiff competition actually tougher than Moen...its not like this is some guy who came completely out of nowhere with a fight like say, Kronwall for example. Im happy Lilja fought, but some of us have the "ITS ABOUT TIME!" reaction more so than the "WAY TO GO LILJA!!" reaction is all...

I can relate to that. I'm more the "way to go" crowd because even though Lilly has fought before, I still don't really consider him a "fighter". And with what happened to Fedoruk, a known fighter, still fresh in everyone's minds, he gets even more credit from me for jumping in there against a guy like Moen (who has already knocked a few guys silly this season).

esteef

Hockeyfights.com only lists him of having one fight in his career.

Come on Lou! I expect you to be on top of these things! :P

Hockeyfights.com only lists him of having one fight in his career.

Come on Lou! I expect you to be on top of these things! :P

He has fought Godard, shane corson and Jovo. He has had 8 fights to be exact. In my opinion with Lilja playing on a team of Detroit's caliber where he is fighting for a spot in the regular roster he should be fighting alot more, Lilja really could/should be a 10-12 fights a year guy especially playing on Detroit.

The only fight Fischer ever lost was to Shawn Thornton. He has beaten Iginla, Bertuzzi, Hartnell, and Barnaby, among others. Just FTR.

EDIT: Kuznetsov had three fights, against Laraque, Low, and Odgers. The fact he didn't get destroyed by those guys is commendable.

Edited by eva unit zero

He has fought Godard, shane corson and Jovo. He has had 8 fights to be exact. In my opinion with Lilja playing on a team of Detroit's caliber where he is fighting for a spot in the regular roster he should be fighting alot more, Lilja really could/should be a 10-12 fights a year guy especially playing on Detroit.

Hmm, must have missed those.

Any results? Godard in perticular is pretty tough, so I wonder how Lilja held up against him.

The only fight Fischer ever lost was to Shawn Thornton. He has beaten Iginla, Bertuzzi, Hartnell, and Barnaby, among others. Just FTR.

EDIT: Kuznetsov had three fights, against Laraque, Low, and Odgers. The fact he didn't get destroyed by those guys is commendable.

He didnt "beat" Iginla or Bertuzzi. He "fought" them.

Barnaby- Edge Fischer

Lappy- Draw

Boucher- Win Fischer

Hartnell- Win Fischer

Bertuzzi- Draw

Iginla- Edge Iginla

Thornton- Win Thornton

Kilger- Win Fischer

Moro- Win Fischer

So to solidify my point, Fischer did great against the little guys, as he should- and struggled against the bigger guys where his power and strength was neutralized.

And Kuztensov got destroyed by Reed Low. He clung for dear life against Laraque, and he held his own against Odgers.

Again, a big guy who can handle smaller fighters but gets exposed when he fights someone who can negate their size.

5 fights.

Moen- Win Moen

Jovonovski- Win Jovonovski

Simon- Draw

Corson- Win Corson

Goddard- Win Goddard