• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 Uncle Danny

Uncle Danny

2nd Line Scorer

• HoF Booster
  • 683 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 08:15 PM

I voted Edmonton and Nashville, although in retrospect, I wish I'd picked Florida since they have two teams and don't deserve either one. Nashville has just been such a clusterf*** of an organization, I gave them the nod instead.

I only picked Edmonton because of the history of the other eastern conference Canadian teams (and current skill level of Ottawa), and not wanting to touch the western wink.gif

I honestly wouldn't want to remove any Canadian teams, though. I would get rid of the Panthers and Preds, and move the Ducks (renaming them the Seals, of course) to San Francisco so I could watch games without leaving town while simultaneously pissing off the three real hockey fans in LA.
If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph:
THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED
FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD
WAS MUSIC
-- Kurt Vonnegut

#22 irishtemper14+25

irishtemper14+25

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 10:46 PM

i wouldnt remove a canadian team, id get rid of LA and Tampa or Florida. just because the teams are bad and i dont think there should be more than one team per state

Kudos to Teeman for the Sig
"You remember that chap a few years ago, climbed Everest with no oxygen, came down nearly dead...they asked him why he went up there to die. He said I didn't, I went up there to live."

#23 2forinterferance

2forinterferance

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:23 PM

If i had my own way i would get rid of Florida, Phoenix, Nashville and San jose.

I don't think the state of Florida should have more then one hockey team, and i honeslty just don't like Phoenix or Nashville, The only reason i think San jose should be moved is because i don't like California having 3 teams and i would instead say anahiem but i also don't want any team thats won a Stanley cup to get moved, idk why.

#24 wingfanatic4alltime

wingfanatic4alltime

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:39 PM

i disagree i think when a team only attracts 14 thousand people to a championship rally as the ducks did that should automatically get you eliminated.
IN KENNY WE TRUST!!

#25 Reds4Life

Reds4Life

Red Wings

• Gold Booster
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 07:10 AM

I don't like Ducks but I don't think they should be moved. They won SC and are building good team and fan base over there though. Plus we might have Avs-like rivalry with them pretty soon.. smile.gif

Nashville -> Any Canadian city
Phoenix -> Any Canadian city
Florida -> Any Canadian city

#26 Grittzkey

Grittzkey

L L L L SAD FACE

• HoF Booster
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 12:43 PM

How does florida manage to have 2 hockey teams?
Lebda - Your Off The Team... My most used quote during the games.

#27 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 11:06 PM

I voted to remove Florida and Edmonton. But I had a hard time picking a canadian team. I would rather move Phoenix back to Winnipeg. Florida and Nashville should also be sent elsewhere like to Hamilton ON, and somewhere colder than Nashville.
lighten up people, it's the internet!

#28 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 03:33 PM

Why get rid of any Canadian teams?

Nashville and Columbus make the most sense.

GET THE HELL OUT!!
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#29 steveyzerman19

steveyzerman19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:47 PM

Nashville will be gone in a couple years anyways. Carolina has had 2 teams make it to the cup finals and one even won the cup and they still dont support the team. Two teams in Florida is one too many. Atlanta is going to end up in Vegas.

The only Canadian teams that make sence to get rid of would be Vancouver or Ottawa. The history of those team isnt as deep.

#30 redwingslady87

redwingslady87

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 10:58 AM

i would actually like to see L.A. on there instead of San Jose. Why do you need two hockey teams as close to each other as L.A. and Anaheim are? San Jose is in the middle of the state, then L.A. and Anaheim are like a half hour away from each other. Get rid of one of them.

#31 johnnyoski

johnnyoski

Red Wing-Parrothead

• Silver Booster
  • 504 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 03:33 PM

Voted Atlanta/Edmonton but would really like to see Atlanta, Florida, Nashville and Carolina contracted or moved.

#32 jim3033

jim3033

Hossa knows kung-fu!

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 07:20 PM

Eliminate Atlanta and Florida. Eliminate the CBA 'parity.' Move Detroit to the Eastern conference. Relocate Nashville to Winnepeg.

#33 spyder

spyder

Rookie

• Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 09:14 AM

Dump L.A or Anahiem, tampa bay, atlanta, carolina, nashville, possibly columbus. whats next bettman teams in mexico?

#34 RedWingsFan4Life

RedWingsFan4Life

Why Jebus? Why?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 12:40 AM

I want Florida gone since they have no market/Fan base. I would rather Eliminate more American teams but, since I had to vote for one I picked Vancouver.

19 we'll all miss you....

#35 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 02:56 AM

I voted FL and Edmonton. I gave this some pretty good thought and decided on my reasons for doing so.

One: While eliminating places in the south like Nashville, Atlanta, Carolina, and so forth seems to make sense at first, I really think it's a good idea not to if they can generate enough fans (Nashville seems to be doing that well enough) and keep the revenue flowing. Why? Well, it spreads the NHL out over more physical turf overall, and while it makes sense that hockey is a 'northern sport' so to speak, if they're going to be a national level, large sport, like football or soccer, that's something that needs to be got over. And if you look at the southern teams (Nashville, Carolina, FL/TB, Atlanta, and if you want to increase the spread a little St. Louis and Dallas), they make a pretty even spread across the Southeastern US.

Florida does not need more than 1 hockey team.. their fan base needs to stick around 1 team for the moment. As someone born and raised in Florida, I chose to get rid of Florida over TB? Why? Several reasons, some logical and some personal. Personal reasons are that my grandmother lives near TB and I can always go watch a game (and maybe catch the Wings playing them!) while visiting there. I also like their logo better (I know that the name Panthers was chosen because there was this big save the FL panther thing going on around the same time team was created). As for logical reasons, TB has been around longer, they make for a decent underdog and TB is already a pretty good center of sports in Florida (Buccaneers, the Orlando basketball team is a short distance away..). It's better geographically centered around the TB/St Pete/Orlando/Sarasota-Bradenburg/Miami area. Oh, and TB is certainly nicer than Jacksonville, which is a frigging cockroach infested craphole. Hell, Lynyrd Skynyrd was from Jacksonville and the place sucked so much they preferred to write a song about frigging ALABAMA.

As for the Canadian teams, well, I'd rather not have picked a Canadian team.. but Edmonton was the obvious choice. The others have a good geographical spread and are all major cities, not to mention they have rich history.

Now, if I could pick ANY 2 teams, I'd still keep FL in there, but my second choice of a team to ditch would be Anaheim hands down. Cali already has a plethora of hockey teams to choose from, particularly SoCal, and they're NEVER going to get over that Disney team stigma and it's always going to make them a joke. Throw out the fact that their logo is about the least menacing thing over, a frigging duck. I mean sure, you can argue that the Penguins are an avian too, but hey, atleast penguins have a cool factor, and atleast there's a major bad guy called The Penguin. Tell me where the hell you can find The Duck? What would he do, run around and yell AAAAFLAAAAC at people?

Anyhow, there's my choices and my logic.
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#36 Chaldean

Chaldean

Red Wing Empire

• PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 10:58 PM

Why the hell would you eliminate a Canadian team? I think they should move Atlanta and Columbus to Canada IMO.

#37 octopusonice

octopusonice

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 11:08 PM

From the standpoint of answering the question, I voted Florida and Calgary.

I eliminated any team from consideration that had won a Cup recently or had some tradition behind it. Calgary in my eyes had the least tradition IMHO, although some of you are free to dispute that.

From the standpoint of being a dictator and making my own stipulations, I would not eliminate a Canadian team. A lot of those areas have suffered economically and I think having a hockey team is huge for the local morale.

It would be tempting to eliminate the Ducks, but since that is the closest NHL team to where I live and can drive to to see the Wings, I would only do it if I could move the Kings to Anaheim.

I would eliminate Florida and Columbus.

#38 octopusonice

octopusonice

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 11:10 PM

QUOTE (octopusonice @ June 13, 2008 - 09:08PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From the standpoint of answering the question, I voted Florida and Calgary.

I eliminated any team from consideration that had won a Cup recently or had some tradition behind it. Calgary in my eyes had the least tradition IMHO, although some of you are free to dispute that.

From the standpoint of being a dictator and making my own stipulations, I would not eliminate a Canadian team. A lot of those areas have suffered economically and I think having a hockey team is huge for the local morale.

It would be tempting to eliminate the Ducks, but since that is the closest NHL team to where I live and can drive to to see the Wings, I would only do it if I could move the Kings to Anaheim.

I would eliminate Florida and Columbus.

EDIT: Half the people there (CBJ) probably root for the Wings anyway.

EDIT#2: Sorry, hit the wrong button.

Edited by octopusonice, 13 June 2008 - 11:11 PM.

#39 Spinner

Spinner

4th line spectator

• PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 11:41 AM

I agree with most that there's no need to eliminate a Canadien team and tho I voted for Phoenix, because I feel sorry for Wayne, I would rather eliminate Florida and Atlanta, and move the Wings to the Eastern Conference
He found the key to success 4 hours before he found the hole in his pocket.

#40 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:22 PM

Why would u eliminate a Canadian team?

How about two non US hockey markets like Atlanta and Carolina. That would be a start.

Posted Image