• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Legionnaire11

LGW Fit Club

Rate this topic

I've been working away from home the past couple of weeks my diet has been going crazy . i've pretty much been living off junk food and hardly had time to exercise. i'm hating being out of my ruitine that way . I'm up to 150lbs . i used to be 142lbs soooo, I'm gonna have to buckle down and try losing that extra weight. wish me luck.

Time to take my working out a little more seriously. I weighed myself at the gym today. I'm going wiegh myself once a week on Saturdays. My goal is to get down to 150, which was what I was when I started college. I've got a 13 months until my wedding, so I've got plenty of time, but I need to buckle down and work harder. After law school, I was close to 200. I've lost about 20 pounds so far.

9/22/07: 178.4 lbs.

And of course, as I type this, I'm sitting here drinking a beer watching football :lol:

Guest REDWINGS4LYFE

WHAT THE HELL DID THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING MAN!!!

SOME UNIVERSE STUFF

Edited by REDWINGS4LYFE

Time to take my working out a little more seriously. I weighed myself at the gym today. I'm going wiegh myself once a week on Saturdays. My goal is to get down to 150, which was what I was when I started college. I've got a 13 months until my wedding, so I've got plenty of time, but I need to buckle down and work harder. After law school, I was close to 200. I've lost about 20 pounds so far.

BlakChamber, Good Luck!!!

Quick update:

9-10 - 220 lbs

9-17- 217 lbs

9-24 - 213 lbs

This past week I tried to run every other day and do some light lifting (ease myself into it), along with cutting the junk food! This weekend was pretty busy, I had four soccer games to referee on Saturday and three indoor soccer games to play in on Sunday. I weighed my self last night when we got in from indoor and I was down to 207 :crazy: (I think I lost alot of water weight lost and no dinner at that point).

Thanks for the support and I will keep the updates coming!!

Edited by tipetz22

New goal! My boyfriend's friend from college is getting married in November, and I want to look smoking hot in a new dress. That will be around my pre-Thanksigiving fast (in which I get my weight down to an acceptable level so that I may stuff myself with a turkey, a bushel of potatoes and a small bucket of gravy and not be 20lbs overweight).

Goal Weight: 115 (by 11/3/07)

Current Weight: 123 (9/24/07)

That's just a little over a pound a week, so if done right (via healthy eating and exercise), totally possible. Already do those things anyway, so I just need to increase the intensity a bit and maintain that good old healthy diet (bringing my lunch every day to work - will save a few bucks too in the process!).

Also, I don't really do a pre-Thanksgiving fast then gorge to such an extent - but I do prepare :)

Will check back in next Sunday with an update.

Edited by zettermaberg

Guest REDWINGS4LYFE

BlakChamber ever hear of rapid cuts? this stuff is amazing works like a charm, i lost 10 pounds IN A WEEK AND A HALF. its natural with green tea extract caffeine and all this other good stuff

New goal! My boyfriend's friend from college is getting married in November, and I want to look smoking hot in a new dress. That will be around my pre-Thanksigiving fast (in which I get my weight down to an acceptable level so that I may stuff myself with a turkey, a bushel of potatoes and a small bucket of gravy and not be 20lbs overweight).

Current Weight: 123 (9/24/07)

That's just a little over a pound a week, so if done right (via healthy eating and exercise), totally possible. Already do those things anyway, so I just need to increase the intensity a bit and maintain that good old healthy diet (bringing my lunch every day to work - will save a few bucks too in the process!).

Also, I don't really do a pre-Thanksgiving fast then gorge to such an extent - but I do prepare :)

Will check back in next Sunday with an update.

Honestly, I think you would look just as "smoking hot" weighing 123 vs. 115. I'm all about getting fit/in-shape and I work out nearly every day, but I weigh about 146/147 pounds now, compared to years ago and up to this past December when I was pretty much 140.

My point is even though I've gained a few pounds I still look pretty slender (only about 5'7" for my height) and while I'm no body builder, I have a somewhat decent build. I lost a few pant sizes when I lost around 40 pounds a few years ago to the low 140s.

There's pretty much little/no differnce in how I look now weighing b/w 145 - 150, as opposed to me weighing around 140. I think I look good and I feel good about my physical health more often than not cause I usually eat right and keep up my exercise. I will wear the same pants size weighing 140 or 147.

I'm definitely not stopping you from losing a few pounds, but in your scenario here and my insight just now, I wouldn't fret about it too much.

BlakChamber ever hear of rapid cuts? this stuff is amazing works like a charm, i lost 10 pounds IN A WEEK AND A HALF. its natural with green tea extract caffeine and all this other good stuff

I've got over a year until my wedding, I don't think I need to lose weight that fast. Thanks though :)

Honestly, I think you would look just as "smoking hot" weighing 123 vs. 115. I'm all about getting fit/in-shape and I work out nearly every day, but I weigh about 146/147 pounds now, compared to years ago and up to this past December when I was pretty much 140.

My point is even though I've gained a few pounds I still look pretty slender (only about 5'7" for my height) and while I'm no body builder, I have a somewhat decent build. I lost a few pant sizes when I lost around 40 pounds a few years ago to the low 140s.

There's pretty much little/no differnce in how I look now weighing b/w 145 - 150, as opposed to me weighing around 140. I think I look good and I feel good about my physical health more often than not cause I usually eat right and keep up my exercise. I will wear the same pants size weighing 140 or 147.

I'm definitely not stopping you from losing a few pounds, but in your scenario here and my insight just now, I wouldn't fret about it too much.

All true, SWF. I was being a bit dramatic with the smoking hot comment - and I agree that a pound here or there makes little difference. But I'm carrying it on a very tiny frame, so I always feel like it shows more (and that I can feel it more) when I fluctuate. Things fit a bit tighter, or the muscles look a less lean etc. Above all, I'd like to use it as motivation to look good, feel good and be well - the end numbers are secondary. Merely a goal to shoot for. I won't be bummed if I don't make it - I'll just feel good for trying!

Thanks for your insight :)

So it's been a slow start for me getting into the habit of going to the gym daily and eating well.

I finally bought groceries last week, eating better, cutting out soda, QDoba, etc.

So hopefully the weight will come off a lil faster in the next few weeks.

216.0 - 8/15/07

206.5 - 9/10/07- hovered there for a while

204.5 - 9/26/07

At 6'1" my "target" is 195 lbs or whatever I weigh in at by dropping the mid section chunk and building a lil more muscle.

Sounds like a lot of ya'll are doing well. Keep it up! Exercising and eating better has me feeling way healthier/more energetic already. Good stuff!

Blah, I'm trying to lose weight too. My goal is 10 lbs....but...I don't have a scale..haha. So I won't know when I achieve it. I've worked out every day this week and have been cutting out snacks and pop...which I love so much. Yesterday I had no pop....Today I had one..but I've also been drinking tons of water...green tea in the evening...so yay.

And I would never say what I weigh, but thought I'd post. Let you know how it goes...this is my first time posting here.

Good luck to everyone else.

Guest REDWINGS4LYFE

Haha. You really do seem to like that stuff. It's been working for you? Do you feel all "cracked" out?

lets just say it has soo much caffeine in it its like 3 red bulls a day! it works really well though

WFIE great work!!!!! Doing a little bit each day helps, Keep going, dude!!

Offsides, welcome aboard!! Good luck and let us know how your doing!! No pop :clap:

Edited by tipetz22

Now that I'm home I'm weighing myself more frequently and I seem to be checking in between 170 and 175 most of the time. Now that I've beaten my goal of 177 by last week, my new one is 165 by Christmas time. I did work out today. But on the down side, I'm sitting here right now eating an absolutely delicious Sourdough Jack from Jack-in-the-Box. Bad me! But it's sooooooo good, and in my defense I never promised to cut out fast food entirely.

I still have no idea what my ideal target weight ought to be, though. I'm still kinda pudgy around the waist. Definitely nowhere near as much as I was, but I can still grab a big ol' chunk of gut even when I stand up. (Nice image, huh?) Maybe another 20 pounds to get down to 155 would do it? I'm just gonna keep setting new goals til I get there. Problem is, it's easy to go run and lose weight when you're on the ship and there's nothing better to do and Taco Bell is not beckoning from every corner. Now is the real test to see if I can stick with a routine.

betterredthandead you can use rapid cuts by allmax

Yes, I'm well aware you endorse the stuff. I'm not planning on using supplements and stuff like that right now though. The more weight I lose without using them, the easier it is to keep it off. Supplements are no different from any other fad diet out there. They bring your weight down 'til you stop, then it comes right back.

9-10 - 220 lbs

9-17- 217 lbs

9-24 - 213 lbs

10/1 - 212 lbs

Well, last week was pretty busy (on the road 4 out of 7 days), which means not alot of working out. I am just glad that I didn't gain weight! This week should be better. With the weather nice outside and no travel planned, I should have a good week of exercise.

Highlight of the week: Discovering that I like sushi (well the California Roll anyway)!

Keep up the good work everybody!!!

9-10 - 220 lbs

9-17- 217 lbs

9-24 - 213 lbs

10/1 - 212 lbs

Well, last week was pretty busy (on the road 4 out of 7 days), which means not alot of working out. I am just glad that I didn't gain weight! This week should be better. With the weather nice outside and no travel planned, I should have a good week of exercise.

Highlight of the week: Discovering that I like sushi (well the California Roll anyway)!

Keep up the good work everybody!!!

Good work man! Keep it up!

As for me progress seems steady. And the gym is not only a habit now, but I don't dread going anymore.

216.0 - 8/15/07

206.5 - 9/10/07

204.5 - 9/26/07

203.5 - 9/31/07

9/30/07: 178 lbs.

Had to weigh myself on a Sunday since it was actually cool Saturday morning, I took a walk with the woman. I probably shouldn't weigh myself the day after I sat on my couch all day, watching college football and drinking beer :lol:

Last Week's Weight: 123 (9/24/07)

This Week: 122 (9/30/07)

I was a little behind in checking in. Things were busy! I know my goal weight is 115, but I'm realistically shooting for 118. I play two softball games a week, and am walking two miles a day at work (2 loops around the building, twice a day). I'd like to get in some higher octane cardio, but I detest running more than anything on this planet. Weekend bike rides on Hines drive have to suffice. I started a weight set, alternating legs/butt and arms/abs every day and yoga stretches at night. Progress slow, as expected, but not at all discouraged. Feeling good!

Where do you get this stuff?