• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Legionnaire11

LGW Fit Club

Rate this topic

im slowly becoming a fat ass im at 11.5% body fat! :(

Ahhh welcome to the club.

I have a hard time eating so damn early in the morning... that is my problem with breakfast. I consider lunch my actual breakfast.

Hank- I think everyone has "been there, done that" with the whole bench press/biceps curl only weight routine!

theres much more to lifting weights than just a bench press / biceps curl. To be honest, consulting a doctor or dietician would be best that way there is some sort of schedule to follow with a proper balance of what you should or shouldnt eat. Starving yourself only results in your metabolism slowing down, yeah you'll lose a few pounds of body water but that comes back quickly. Part of the dietician's job is to lay out for you what you can eat, how much and how often. Balance of all the foods is important, including counting your carb , fat, and calorie intake, not eating crackers and drinking a pop in place of a meal. Medical Insurance will cover a visit to a dietician, especially if you get a referral from your medical doctor. The fad diets work in the beginning, but they dont keep it off for good. Speaking from experiance here, and im throwing in my 2 cents.

theres much more to lifting weights than just a bench press / biceps curl. To be honest, consulting a doctor or dietician would be best that way there is some sort of schedule to follow with a proper balance of what you should or shouldnt eat. Starving yourself only results in your metabolism slowing down, yeah you'll lose a few pounds of body water but that comes back quickly. Part of the dietician's job is to lay out for you what you can eat, how much and how often. Balance of all the foods is important, including counting your carb , fat, and calorie intake, not eating crackers and drinking a pop in place of a meal. Medical Insurance will cover a visit to a dietician, especially if you get a referral from your medical doctor. The fad diets work in the beginning, but they dont keep it off for good. Speaking from experiance here, and im throwing in my 2 cents.

I know, I was just referring to the typical routine when beginners first start out.

Myself, I could never follow a strict diet. Life's too short to be finicky with every single thing you eat! Just following a few general guidelines like exercising and not stuffing your face at night and you'll be fine. I may be an exception, but i pretty much eat what i want throughout the day and Im not fat. I think without a doubt working out is more important than anything, and allows you to get away with eating more than you probably should and things you shouldnt really be eating since you're metabolism is so stepped up. I always get a kick out of serving sizes, i swear they must set those amounts for a 70lb woman or something! Like the other day i had these mini taco things, the serving size was listed at 4 tacos...well, i ate 24! lol. Or the 50 pizza rolls that i mentioned earlier in this thread...the serving size for that is friggin 6! Get the hell outta here...who can possibly be full after 6 of those things? Or am i just another Kobayashi???

Well, I've been seeing some really good progress lately.

This week I actually haven't worked out as much as I usually do, but yesterday I dealt with the heat and humidity (nearly 100 degrees, 110 heat index roughly) and cycled for a good while riding 20 miles. Just being out in the heat alone without doing anything helps burn off fat/calories, then it's just a matter of how long you can take it. So I know that helped.

Despite the lack of exercise for the week, I've really watched what I have been eating lately. I've only eaten fried food 3 times in the past 2 1/2 weeks roughly.

I weighed myself this morning and am at 146 my lowest ever in a good while, and have been consistently going downward over the past week and a half.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Alright, I finally got my gym membership reactivated yesterday. I'm going to weigh myself today and see how it goes.

I'm going to start out with a week of cardio to get the body used to moving again, then I'll mix in some weightlifting too.

The only thing I'll really change in my diet is cut out 80% of the Mountain Dew and Dr. Pepper.

Despite the lack of exercise for the week, I've really watched what I have been eating lately. I've only eaten fried food 3 times in the past 2 1/2 weeks roughly.

I imagine that is an impressive feat in LA :D:thumbup:

I imagine that is an impressive feat in LA :D:thumbup:

In a way it's impressive I guess, but despite being a local, I've never really been into the food here all that much. Not really into crawfish, I like seafood every now and then down here but I'm more of an Italian guy.

I cracked yesterday but I pretty much have wrapped up fast food eating in a box for good, except for an infrequent visit to Sonic once in a while like yesterday. Other than that, the only fried food I eat is from a casual restaurant. Fast food overall sucks.

But even after eating Sonic yesterday afternoon I didn't gain much, which is very encouraging because my eating decisions, more often than not, are starting to pay off.

And sacraficing soda helps A LOT. A lot less sugar intake during the day usually can contribute to some weight loss. I lost about 35-40 pounds a few years ago, giving up soft drinks was one of the big difference makers.

I hear ya on the fast food. I try to keep that as rare a thing as possible. Pizza on the other hand I still manage to eat on a weekly basis, I just can't give it up.

I miss Sonic though! There are none in my area so I haven' thad Sonic in proably 3+ years!

So I weighed in at 211 lbs. I was hovering at 216 before I started watching the soda/junk food intake. Now some cardio and another 10 lbs and I should be on my way.

Pizza still happens for me sometimes. Actually ate it last night for dinner for the first time in probably over a month, but it was out at a pretty nice Italian restaurant. I rarely do the chain pizza thing too plan and too much calories and such. I'm still pressing along pretty good with my progress, I weighed in at 145. Kept up my exercise for most of this week, I did a spinning class last night which burned off a lot of calories, and I plan to do around 25 miles of bike riding today.

I recently transferred stores, so insstead of having my choice of Zoup, Jimmy John's, and a couple other places, my options for eating on my break include bringing my own lunch or going to Cottage Inn. And while CI is good, its nice to be able to get something other than a 7" personal pizza EVERY DAMN DAY.

I know, I was just referring to the typical routine when beginners first start out.

Myself, I could never follow a strict diet. Life's too short to be finicky with every single thing you eat! Just following a few general guidelines like exercising and not stuffing your face at night and you'll be fine. I may be an exception, but i pretty much eat what i want throughout the day and Im not fat. I think without a doubt working out is more important than anything, and allows you to get away with eating more than you probably should and things you shouldnt really be eating since you're metabolism is so stepped up. I always get a kick out of serving sizes, i swear they must set those amounts for a 70lb woman or something! Like the other day i had these mini taco things, the serving size was listed at 4 tacos...well, i ate 24! lol. Or the 50 pizza rolls that i mentioned earlier in this thread...the serving size for that is friggin 6! Get the hell outta here...who can possibly be full after 6 of those things? Or am i just another Kobayashi???

Pizza rolls...I can eat boxes of those in a sitting. It should say 'servings per box 1/2'

Pizza still happens for me sometimes. Actually ate it last night for dinner for the first time in probably over a month, but it was out at a pretty nice Italian restaurant. I rarely do the chain pizza thing too plan and too much calories and such. I'm still pressing along pretty good with my progress, I weighed in at 145. Kept up my exercise for most of this week, I did a spinning class last night which burned off a lot of calories, and I plan to do around 25 miles of bike riding today.

Sounds like you're doing the right thing. I find the key to success in dieting is to not deny yourself the foods you like, no matter what they are, but strictly limit both portion size and frequency. Personally, I've been maintaining status quo because I haven't been exercising nearly enough.

I'm seeing some decently steady progress. Down to 208 lbs at the weigh in today. 8 lbs in 3 weeks thus far, mainly from cutting out crap like ice cream and burgers. Spent the last week getting my body used to the gym so hopefully a good hour of exercise per day will keep the trend going.

And I agree that it's good to still eat the food you really enjoy, just in moderation. Like Sundays I usually revert back to drinking Coke with my meals, and probably a desert. The rest of the week, I try to clean it up.

Guest REDWINGS4LYFE

my friend used hydroxycut and got good results, its good stuff gnc has it

Sounds like you're doing the right thing. I find the key to success in dieting is to not deny yourself the foods you like, no matter what they are, but strictly limit both portion size and frequency. Personally, I've been maintaining status quo because I haven't been exercising nearly enough.

That's the only way to do it for me. I've pretty much grown out of eating anything at any fast food restaurants, probably no more than once a month if that, so that's all but gone from my diet. I'm smart enough to not stuff my face with fried chicken or burgers every day, so for the most part I watch what I eat, even though I might not eat as much things that "taste good". I'd go miserable though if I went on a "strict" diet with all kinds of rules that I don't make up or have control over.

I made a boo-boo Sunday though. I ate a pretty big chicken salad sandwich, but felt like having a lazy day that day, and my weight went up a good bit in a short time. But, it's slowly fizzling back down to the mid-140s like I want.

And I also extended the planned 25 mile bike ride to 30, although that was aided by having to take shelter from lightning for about a half hour. So, I had some 'saved' energy. :cool:

During weekdays, I'm now trying to run or do cario-related workouts twice a day now. Killing every calorie helps after eating a meal. I run treadmill most early mornings before work for about 2 - 2 1/2 miles, and I'm trying to run around that length immediately after work outdoors, pending time and if I have to run errands or got work-related functions in the evening. It's hard because it's a hot fother mucker out here, but I'm trying to keep up the mental/physical discipline to do this.

Guest REDWINGS4LYFE

well today i bought hydroxycut, it is the best burner on the market

im not really fat but i can't work out right now because of my injuries, i was 9% body fat and now im 12% body fat so im going to go on this stuff so i don't get any fatter, its not healthy stuff but i put way too much effort into working out over the past 3 years and if i lose all my gains it would kill me. ill let you guys know how the stuff is it claims you lose 9x the amount of weight you would lose without it. my friend has seen amazing results from it but i suspect this was due to him taking steroids which equals water weight and temporary muscle gain. when i took my cycle of Test. and dbol i lost 20 pounds after the cycle and i used PCT (nolvadex) so i am kind of weary on this even though my friend swears by it.

As far as I know, Hydroxy Cut mainly worked because it contained Ephedra, which was banned by the FDA in 2004.. I think. Basically it was like taking a lower dose of speed... I think.

Lemme know how it works for ya. I've considered taking a supplement to speed up the weight loss/make each work out more efficient.

Guest REDWINGS4LYFE

they refourmulated it now its caffeine packed, no more drugs

use rapid cuts that is safe

well here goes day one for me!

New update for me! It's been a while since I haven't actually weighed myself for over a month.

195.9 - May 11

194.5 - May 23

190.7 - June 8

186.2 - June 25

182.2 - July 2

183.3 - July 16

177.1 - August 25 - GOAL REACHED!!!

Yup....my goal for this deployment was to lose one pound a week, or a total of 19, which takes me from 196 to 177. (Disclaimer - today I slept right through breakfast and only had a granola bar from the vending machine, and I weighed myself before lunch, which turned out to be chicken parm so I'm probably right back where I started :lol: ) Don't care though.....the number on the scale said 177. Besides, I was still wearing my coveralls, which always add a pound or so. With just under four weeks to go until I get back home, I can probably drop another three or four pounds and get down to the low 170's for my "official" weigh-in (on the same bathroom scale that measured 196 when I left.)

Guest REDWINGS4LYFE

so far rapid cuts is pretty good i feel less hungry contains tons of caffine

Latest update....

195.9 - May 11

194.5 - May 23

190.7 - June 8

186.2 - June 25

182.2 - July 2

183.3 - July 16

177.1 - August 25 - GOAL REACHED!!!

175.8 - September 4

So far this deployment I've lost over 20 pounds, about 2.5 inches off the waist, and 4% body fat (from 27% to 23%). I haven't weighed 175 since about the beginning of my fourth year of college....in other words, I've lost almost four years of extra weight in four months. I've done it all entirely without supplements, too. I feel like if I started the supplements and then stopped them later on, the weight would just jump right on back.

Now that I've reached the goal I set out for, I think my next one will be 165 by Christmas.

That's pretty sweet progress BRTD. When I lost a good chunk of weight years ago, no supplements or anything for me either. No formal diet rules either, just my own things and sacraficies.

As for now, I'm not really worried all that much about losing a few more pounds. I'm consistently hovering anywhere between 145 - 150 pounds at 5'7", which I'm pretty much accepting now and is fine with me as long as I continue to exercise just about every day, that way I can continue to get away with eating "bad food" once every now and then.

I don't have any formal diet rules either, other than Rule #1 - "Stop eating so damn much." I've long ago accepted that I love junk food way too much to try and force it out of my diet entirely, and I like eating too much to force myself to only eat "healthy" stuff. So I still drink Dr Pepper and eat ice cream and all that stuff - just not nearly as much as I used to. This way I don't ever feel guilty about having dessert or picking the fried chicken instead of the pork, and I don't have to ever drive past a Taco Bell and hate myself for giving it up. I just eat smaller portions, make far fewer trips to the pop machines, and actually do work out instead of making excuses not to. It's a slower way to lose weight, but I'm happier about it because I'm not forcing the South Beach diet down my throat or being a calorie and carb Nazi.