• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Legionnaire11

LGW Fit Club

Rate this topic

I think he sells it. :lol:

If nothing else I think he has stock in Allmax (the company that makes it).

TheLegend19 - if you really want it, I bet bodybuilding.com has it. They have all sorts of supplements for sale on there, and a forum full of people that use/discuss all sorts of supplements/diets/workouts. Crazy people. haha. But ifyou weed through the idiots there are some knowledgeable people on there.

So I had a relapse so to speak last night. First Wings game of the season, and I celebrated in true glutton form. Ate all but two slices of a pizza and desert too. Bad Nick.

Back to behaving good today.

I used to be a huge Coke drinker, at least one a day. I decided to stop in July, I beleive. I'm 5' 10" and weighed 179 then. I stopped drinking it and replaced it with water...now I have maybe one pop a month. I just weighed myself and I'm at 158. Unreal!

I used to be a huge Coke drinker, at least one a day. I decided to stop in July, I beleive. I'm 5' 10" and weighed 179 then. I stopped drinking it and replaced it with water...now I have maybe one pop a month. I just weighed myself and I'm at 158. Unreal!

Cutting out soda over time, which dramatically reduces sugar intake, seriously helps reduce weight.

Nothing out of the ordinary to report right now with myself losing weight, still around where I usually am b/w 145 - 150 pounds which I am more than satisfied with, but something I am now incorporating into workouts most days...instead of doing situps, I now try to crouch into what looks like a fetal position on my back, keep my shoulders off ground, and try to kick/bike pedal my legs for as long as possible.

Doing that will tone your chest fairly quickly if you keep at it.

9-10 - 220 lbs

9-17- 217 lbs

9-24 - 213 lbs

10/1 - 212 lbs

10/8 - 209 lbs

Last week was a good week, I worked out or ran (2 miles) every other day. I got some pretty wicked blisters on the bottom off my feet from this weekend :crazy:. I am about half way to my goal of 195 lbs!!!!!

Sounds like everyone is doing a good job, keep up the great work!!

Edited by tipetz22

9-10 - 220 lbs

9-17- 217 lbs

9-24 - 213 lbs

10/1 - 212 lbs

10/8 - 209 lbs

Last week was a good week, I worked out or ran (2 miles) every other day. I got some pretty wicked blisters on the bottom off my feet from this weekend :crazy:. I am about half way to my goal of 195 lbs!!!!!

Sounds like everyone is doing a good job, keep up the great work!!

Great progress man, well done.

I weighed in today at 202lbs (started at 215-216lbs 2 months ago). I bet it would have been 200lbs but my dad was in town and we ate junk all weekend (had pizza three times!)

Pizza good......VERY GOOD :lol:

Anyways, nothing new with me in terms of weight, clocked in at 148 this morning, but I barely make time for myself to lift weights, so I'm going to try a new routine.

I'm getting back into making my early morning around 5:00/5:15 am, but to take care of the weightlifting problems I'm going to try to flip-flop cardio/weightlifting each day.

Try to dedicate a day to do hard cardio, running around 45 minutes.

Then try to lift weights for 40-45 minutes the following day, plus 10-15 minutes of some light cardio work.

And conclude both routines by laying around and/or working out my chest area in the sauna room.

Pizza good......VERY GOOD :lol:

Try to dedicate a day to do hard cardio, running around 45 minutes.

Then try to lift weights for 40-45 minutes the following day, plus 10-15 minutes of some light cardio work.

Pizza is awesome. :D

I've switched over to a similar routine. I alternate between cardio and wieghtlifting too, switching off every day (keep Sunday as my lazy day). That way I'm able to be thorough with my workout and not feel rushed. Plus the variety helps too.

5AM is EARLY though. Ouch!

9/22/07: 178.4 lbs.

9/30/07: 178 lbs.

10/5/07: 177 lbs.

10/27/07: 173 lbs

Haven't checked in, in a couple weeks. So far, so good. I've got a year to hit 150. If I keep going at about a pound a week, I should be in good shape.

Every Thanksgiving where I'm from there is a 5-mile run that takes place that I usually get involved in.

I can easily run 5-miles in my sleep, but you wouldn't mistake me for a sprinter or somebody who runs cross country. Last year I took part in the race and ran it in about 45:15 total, and that I wasn't in the greatest of shape and wasn't really working out on a consistent basis around Thanksgiving last year.

I've basically been kicking myself in the rear and getting myself motivated to do the race this year at or under a 9:00/mile pace and get under 45:00 total. The past few weeks I've ramped up my efforts running pretty hard on the treadmill. I hate the treadmill, but if I can have the patience of running on it for extended lenghts of time, I can beat this goal.

Last week I finally beat the 9:00/mile pace a few times while being able to last running 5 miles on the treadmill, and I passed it the past two days with flying colors. Yesterday I really felt damned good and did it in 44:12, or about an 8:50/minute pace. Today I did it slightly slower, closer to 44:30, but I considered today more impressive because my iPod died on me not even halfway through my run, and I had to run about 2 3/4 miles just hearing treadmill thuds over and over again without motivating music. :D

So, I know I can do it, just hopefully will be able to do it when it counts. Overall it's been good though because I've lost some weight doing this, got down to about 143 late week (slightly up from bad weekend eating), and I'm pretty re-committed right now to accomplishing this goal Thursday as well as increasing my stamina/getting in shape.

I have little doubt I'll stay motivated to exercise throughout the holiday season, but hopefully the Thanksgiving/Christmas food won't take it's toll too much. :lol:

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

I challenged the fiance this morning and suggested we try to each LOSE 5 pounds between now and Xmas. So not just fighting not gaining weight but actually losing. I've pry put on about 5 pounds thanks to tailgating season (aka football season). He's gonna try and lose 10. He's always trying to lose weight, he lost 60 pounds after college and then throughout the years he usually fluctuates 20 pounds.

We'll see how it goes!

Argh - it's so much harder to work out ever since I got back from that deployment. When the ship's at sea there's nothing better to do, so, may as well go to the gym. My weight's stayed pretty much the same ever since September.

But....I did a 1.5 mile run that the Navy makes us do every so often, and I ran a 10:46. Much better than the roughly 12:30 I did last time.

I absolutely shattered my goal in running the 5-mile race of 9:00/mile or 45:00 total. I finished it in 42:57, about 8:35/mile.

Thankfully I didn't become bloated after Thanksgiving lunch/dinner yesterday, now I can resume focus on plenty of running/cardio work and some weightlifting here/there. :lol:

Good job with the run. Running is something I really have trouble doing. Thank god for cardio machines and hiking.

I slacked a bit over the weekend, but not too bad. I'll get back on track at the gym tonight. Exercise is officially a habit/daily routine for me now. :)

Something I'm going to try to incorporate into my workouts after this evening, even though I've been keeping of with working out for the most part at least 3 - 4 times a week, sometimes 4 - 5...

Tonight after the Wings-Canadiens games I worked out for a while and did treadmill duty again. I ran 3 miles at a pretty good pace last night so I wasn't in much of a mood to run today, so I jacked up the incline grade on the treadmill to the highest level/grade (15.0%) and I walked at an extremely fast rate for 30 minutes, anywhere from 4.0 - 4.5 MPH. That doesn't seem like much activity but that's a pretty brisk walking pace even on flat ground, and I was feeling it pretty quickly. I killed 440 calories in just 30 minutes doing this probably a fair amount more than I would've done if I ran a pretty good jog on a flat road. Double that and killing 880 calories in an hours is A LOT in the grand scheme of things.

Doing this will be good for me as well because it's not quite as taxing as jogging/running, and with my work commute totaling anywhere from 75 - 90 minutes too/from work sometimes I'm pressed for time to work out and get things done, so I'm not often in the mood to run. Again, not as demanding as a jog but you can still get a good bit out of your body doing this.

So anyone want to get some fit going again? I have been really good about working out ever since this summer. but i can always use some help pushing me.

Graduation 200lbs

Now 170lbs

I work out at lifetime fitness in Troy before work and Sterling Heights after work. I like lifetime but is there any other good places to go around that area?

Funny you revive this thread now!

I actually just got serious about weight loss/getting in shape for my upcoming wedding. We got a treadmill on Monday, and I've used it everyday since! I'm not on a "diet" but I'm eating healthy (no high fat foods, lots of fruits and veggies and lean protein, keeping an eye on sodium intake, limiting processed foods). I'm also running a 10K in early May. My fiance is doing the half marathon, but I'm not quite up to that!

My goal is 15 pounds by May 17, 2008, and with some toning of arms and tummy. As of weigh in this morning (I'm weighing in every Friday morning for another weight loss board) I'm down 3 pounds!! But weekends will be a challenge in sticking with the healthy eating. I freakin love beer and fatty foods and on the weekends, I'm usually surrounded by both.

I gotta get back on the fitness kick. I was doing really well, and then Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years kicked my ass.

Do it! You've got an upcoming wedding too right?

You can be like my fiance, he says he gonna get in shape for the wedding because afterwards he plans on "really letting himself go."

He's kidding.

I think.

I gotta get back on the fitness kick. I was doing really well, and then Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years kicked my ass.

same here. I was at the gym 6 days a week for at least 90 minutes a day for 3 months. I was at 195lbs, being 6'1".

Then the holidays/snow hit and I became mr lazy. sonnuava. gained 7 lbs of flubber back. Maybe I should just go on a crack binge, that might drop some weight.

Do it! You've got an upcoming wedding too right?

You can be like my fiance, he says he gonna get in shape for the wedding because afterwards he plans on "really letting himself go."

He's kidding.

I think.

Your fiance is either pretty funny, or brutally honest. haha.