• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevie for president

Brodeur's acheivement

Rate this topic

Brodeur won his 48th game, breaking Bernie Parent's record set 30+ years

I think he is by far the best goalie in the NHL today and maybe the best goalie of this era (arguments can be made for Roy and Hasek), but with the shootout instead of a tie, i wonder how meaningful this really is. i know the nhl of the 70s and the nhl today are very different, but still a record was broken.

Guest Tunbo Batman

37 wins in 80 games? its okay.

oh, you wanna count the extra games and the shootout gimmicks? well, then these 2 performances are not very comparable now are they.

^overrated

3 point game/guarenteed win season + goalie who plays 80 games + good team,esp defensively = 38 wins not being that impressive.

bernie did it in less games, with less gimmicks. this is just another stat for the biggest actress in hockey.

No way is he overrated. Shocking come from you to point out something I posted and disagree with it. My oh my!

I can't believe people are going to take away such a great accomplishment from this guy. The Devils would be absolutely nowhere without him. He's there everything.

His 12 shutouts are pretty darn impressive too.

Edited by hockeycrazy3033

has anyone counted how many of these wins are OT?

You simply cannot count them in when comparing Brodeur to Parents record. Deduce the OT wins and you'll see that Brodeur is nothing special compared to Bernie.

Waaaaay overrated.

You simply cannot count them in when comparing Brodeur to Parents record. Deduce the OT wins and you'll see that Brodeur is nothing special compared to Bernie.

Waaaaay overrated.

OT or no OT. Marty Brodeur is a class act. NO one can denie that.

Brodeur is a little overrated but so is the breaking of this record. with teams more likely to get wins with the tie removed you can see that this record being beaten isn't that amazing. look at the fact that Luongo is about to do it in the same season.

a class act who five holes his sister in law and badmouths players he has no room badmouthing in his book. yeah, classy indeed.

guy's a ****** who puts on just as much of a show in front of mics as he does in his crease. like i said. actress.

:lol: I mean't a class act on the ice. P.S. I don't know what marty gets up to in his private life. The press over in scotland dosn't even know what the NHL stand for. I only find out about things like that on this forum. :thumbup:

Edited by glasgowcelticwing

I think that it is finally time that everyone give up on the whole "Brodeur is overrated" battle-cry.

The guy has more than proven his worth through the years.

He has played for multiple coaches, with players coming and going. Through it all there has been one consistent factor, and that is Brodeur.

Lots of teams have used the trap. Lots of teams have developed strict defensive styles. Other than maybe the Wings, no other team has been able to do it with the level of success that NJ & Brodeur have. Why is that? The other players have changed, the defense core has changed, the coaches have changed repeatedly, Stevens is even gone now, yet Brodeur continues to shine.

Give it up already. He has more than proven how good of a goalie he is, many times over.

The crap lines that anyone could shine in his position are a joke. If that were truly the case, then his success would be dimmed because EVERY OTHER TEAM IN THE LEAGUE WOULD MIRROR THEIR SYSTEM BY NOW.

I'm not claiming that he hasn't benefited from a solid defensive team structure, but when it comes down to it he is the last line of defense and has stood out among the league's best since his rookie season (which was before they even employed the trap and he came within 1 overtime period of taking his team to the finals that season).

The cry has gotten old. Give the man his due already.

just thought i'd spruce it up

notice it's always the people who just og by what a stat sheet says? or what someone else says? watch the guy. his 2 serious stops a night and 19 perimeter shots are not impressive in the big picture. they act like the system's easy to run so by george, everyone should be doing it! but they're not! cause....brodeur's good! team's have tried to mirror it. but it's a hard system to employ, and the devils have it down to a science, playing 4 defensemen per shift.

he's proof we hype players when we need them. he's curtis joseph playing for new jersey. his defense falls, so does he. he's never played through a bad team and never had the chips against him. it's not like we're saying he sucks, he doesn't. he's a great goalie. but still overrated.

people just keep following the herd.

I've watched tons of games with Brodeur in net. It isn't the spectacular saves that make a great goalie, it is consistency. No goalie has been more consistent than Brodeur since he came into the league.

just thought i'd spruce it up

notice it's always the people who just og by what a stat sheet says? or what someone else says? watch the guy. his 2 serious stops a night and 19 perimeter shots are not impressive in the big picture. they act like the system's easy to run so by george, everyone should be doing it! but they're not! cause....brodeur's good!

he's proof we hype players when we need them. he's curtis joseph playing for new jersey. his defense falls, so does he.

just keep following the herd.

Every goaltender needs their defence there's no doubt, but he's not got a Stevens or a Neidermayer anymore and he's STILL putting up great numbers. He deserves to be known as one of the best.

Waaaaay overrated.

Hahahaha deduce. :lol:

a class act who five holes his sister in law and badmouths players he has no room badmouthing in his book. yeah, classy indeed.

guy's a ****** who puts on just as much of a show in front of mics as he does in his crease. like i said. actress.

Please tell me how the hell his personal life plays into his on ice performance? As far as im concerned it's no one's business, and it absolutely does not take away from the amazing goaltender that he is.

You obviously don't like him therefore you're going to discredit him. I don't like Hasek but you don't see me denying him being an excellent goalie.

Luongo only needs 2 more wins to tie Brodeurs :P

If Luongo was so hot, how come he couldn't do that when he was in Florida?

Anyone? Beueller?

C'mon, easy answer. Anyone can play.

Same answer as Rolloson last year. He went to a team that can support him as well as he supports them. Switching teams doesn't make him a superstar. You need a team AND a goalie to have a good record. One can't do it without the other.