• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
58Miles2Joe

Ken Holland, the legend continues

Rate this topic

Wow, he is going to stop watching the red wings after being a fan for thirty years? Thats crazy, Bertuzzi is not a bad guy, he just got caught up in his emotions. He apologized, and even though Moore can't except his apology thats no fuault of Bertuzzi's. I can't imagine not watching the wings because their is one player on the team I don't like.

That is way cool that Kenny actually talked to this guy.

The other guy has to learn to forgive and forget. Can you imagine what people thought of Mac when he beat the living day lights out of Claude the turtler.

I'm gunna call and ***** about something that isn't quite as important and maybe I will get Steve. :D

But seriously, that is really cool of Kenny to do. And for someone to stop watching Red Wings because of Bert, thats a little extreme. I can't stand when people say, 'he basically tried to kill a guy.' What Todd did was by no means acceptable, but trying to kill someone he wasn't. I have never liked Todd. I always thought he was very selfish and a bit of a baby. Even before the Moore incident I said, 'that guy is gunna do something stupid oneday and it is gunna get someone hurt.' And what he did to Moore was inexcusable. However, that is in the past and nothing more can be done. He has to wake up every day knowing full well what he did. I imagine more than once (aside from when the reporters are grilling him) he has thought about that nights events. He has been punished and the world should be able to move on. I have made my attempt at moving on. I still don't like Bert, but I wish him all the best on our team and will cheer him on as a Red Wing.

Why? Because that's what matters ... Cheering on our Team.

If you could go back and look at some of the posts made about Bertuzzi back when this incident first happened, this wouldn't seem that bad. Almost everyone on this forum was screaming for his head, and I would wager that most of those doing the screaming would have agreed with this guy at that point....

Of course, now that he is a Wing, all is forgiven and forgotten....

I (along with a very select few others) was in Bertuzzi's corner from the start, and I caught all sorts of Hell in some of the threads on the subject...

It cracks me up to see how many people have now put that whole incident behind them and even go so far as to defend him now...before though, you couldn't find hardly anyone in his corner...

Guest GordieSid&Ted

If you could go back and look at some of the posts made about Bertuzzi back when this incident first happened, this wouldn't seem that bad. Almost everyone on this forum was screaming for his head, and I would wager that most of those doing the screaming would have agreed with this guy at that point....

I (along with a very select few others) was in Bertuzzi's corner from the start, and I caught all sorts of Hell in some of the threads on the subject...

It cracks me up to see how many people have now put that whole incident behind them and even go so far as to defend him now...before though, you couldn't find hardly anyone in his corner...

I'm with you. I've always been in his corner. I've seen far too many ugly incidents in hockey to put any extra stock into this one. It was another sucker punch. One i've seen about 1500 times. It just had the most freakishly bizarre injury result. Chris Simon tries to decapitate Hollweg and gets a hand slap compared to what Bert went through.

That's the problem for Bert here. People are so outraged at him because of the injury, not the act. If they were truly disgusted by the act they wouldn't watch hockey cause almost a week doesn't go by that somebody doesn't catch a glove on punch to the mellon. People act as if Bertuzzi or any other aggressor can choose the amount of damage they're going to inflict.

It was a sucker punch. We've all seen it countless times, we'll see it countless more times. Those of us with our heads on straight can realize that. It doesn't excuse the sucker punch. It just takes rational people to realize that the injury was a fluke. Todd couldn't try to break this guy's neck. He didn't know he'd break his neck. Nobody ever foresaw his neck breaking. Sucker punch gone wrong. He's paid the price.

:o another wings fan from monroe. i cannot believe it.

Hey, there's plenty of Wings fans in the Monroe area :cool: I live in Bedford myself. Most of us aren't as crazy as this guy. Not watching the Wings because of one player is pretty ridiculous. Though it is pretty awesome that he got Kenny to talk to him.

Edited by Comrade Zorro

Who is this guy kidding? He was talking to a janitor or a guy from the ticket booth. Kenny's probably still laughing about it.

Haha, the secratary said, "Please hold" Then comes back a minute later in a deep-attempted-mans voice and goes on speaker phone as everyone around the office has a good chuckle.

Apples and oranges to me, I was never supportive of Bertuzzi, always thought his punishment should've been more severe. But I also never said that he wouldn't help this team if he were on it.

Just because I don't support what he did, or didn't support him when he did it doesn't mean I have to not support him, as a player, on the Red Wings right now.

I'm sure you're against murder, Vladinator, but if a member of your family murdered someone, would you completely turn your back on them? (I'm just using murder as an example of an extreme to make a point)

I don't forgive Bertuzzi for what he did, but as long as he can help the team, I'm not going to not support him while he's here.

Edited by Heaton

That is awesome that Holland took the time to talk to a disgruntled fan.

I understand that guy was angry about the Bertuzzi trade, but what kind of fan doesn't watch their team play because of one player? I found that funny.

Edited by Wings_Rule_1010

Haha, the secratary said, "Please hold" Then comes back a minute later in a deep-attempted-mans voice and goes on speaker phone as everyone around the office has a good chuckle.

Hahaha! Or she put him on hold and this old fart spent 45 minutes bitching at a Michael Bolton CD.

This Mr. Sandrowsky is obviously not a true fan. Even if he doesn't like Bertuzzi atleast cheer on the rest of the team. But we already have enough fans, who cares if we lost one crazy fan.

What did this guy hope to accomplish though by talking with Holland? Free Tickets? Like what does he want Holland to do, Have Bert Benched or released???

Good for Holland though :clap: . The Bert trade added some much needed grit to this Wings team. :thumbup: