• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

TSN's message posting

Rate this topic

Its just so funny to me, that every time I post a message on tsn.ca about the Red Wings, when they are playing a non-canadian team, I can say just about anything and it gets posted. Now on the flip side, EVERY time I post about the Wings while they are playing a Canadian team somehow my message never gets posted. I mean yeah I never sugarcoat anything and sometimes my words can be harsh but true. So last night for example, I thought about their overwhelming canadian bias. So I decided to take it down a notch and give a few Go Red Wings! And I said the Flames acted pretty classless near the end. Then I said Wings in 5. Thats it. Yet they wouldnt post it. Even though there has been times where ive been 10 times more harsh and they have no problem posting it when its the Wings playing another American team. But say anything about their precious Canadian teams(no matter how polite you try to make it) and you get shot down and your post never sees the light of day. This has been bugging me for awhle now. But last night when I purposely toned it down and still got my point across, yet they still wouldn't post my message, that was the last straw. I had to rant. That is absolutely rediculous that im not able to calmly say they acted a little classless and Wings in 5 with a Go Wings at the end. I would understand if all my posts were rejected. But only the ones that has to do with a canadian team?? F-ing Bullsh*t if you ask me. Its gonna make me that much happier when we knock the flamers out of the playoffs. Well thats about it, I just had to finally rant about this.

yeah i understand your frustration, weird i never root for a team just cause theyre american vs canadian...canadians seem to have a tiny inferority complex sometimes

Its just so funny to me, that every time I post a message on tsn.ca about the Red Wings, when they are playing a non-canadian team, I can say just about anything and it gets posted. Now on the flip side, EVERY time I post about the Wings while they are playing a Canadian team somehow my message never gets posted. I mean yeah I never sugarcoat anything and sometimes my words can be harsh but true. So last night for example, I thought about their overwhelming canadian bias. So I decided to take it down a notch and give a few Go Red Wings! And I said the Flames acted pretty classless near the end. Then I said Wings in 5. Thats it. Yet they wouldnt post it. Even though there has been times where ive been 10 times more harsh and they have no problem posting it when its the Wings playing another American team. But say anything about their precious Canadian teams(no matter how polite you try to make it) and you get shot down and your post never sees the light of day. This has been bugging me for awhle now. But last night when I purposely toned it down and still got my point across, yet they still wouldn't post my message, that was the last straw. I had to rant. That is absolutely rediculous that im not able to calmly say they acted a little classless and Wings in 5 with a Go Wings at the end. I would understand if all my posts were rejected. But only the ones that has to do with a canadian team?? F-ing Bullsh*t if you ask me. Its gonna make me that much happier when we knock the flamers out of the playoffs. Well thats about it, I just had to finally rant about this.

It could be because they don't want a flame (pardon the pun) war. But it seems that it turns into wars most of the time anyway.

the TSN.ca mods are increibly weird.

When Honda released their myearthstory.com f1 livery this year all this asses were agreeing with the story about how polluting f1 is.

i made a point that they were wrong because f1 has been carbon neutral since 1997 (which is completely right btw) i get shot down. So it isn't just Canadian bias, it's so the morons who write the articles are always right as well...

It could be because they don't want a flame (pardon the pun) war. But it seems that it turns into wars most of the time anyway.

I would totally understand that if they acted that way with all teams. But its just when its us playing a canadian team. :angry:

the TSN.ca mods are increibly weird.

When Honda released their myearthstory.com f1 livery this year all this asses were agreeing with the story about how polluting f1 is.

i made a point that they were wrong because f1 has been carbon neutral since 1997 (which is completely right btw) i get shot down. So it isn't just Canadian bias, it's so the morons who write the articles are always right as well...

Its just such a crock of s***. Lets reject someones post because we dont agree with it. I mean I could see if someone is going crazy and being just ignorant. But to state an opinion in a reasonable way then get it rejected is a ******* joke.

TSN has rejected my posts before also. Their just a bunch of whiny ass canadians that are crying in their beer because the all mighty Calgary Flames were beatin by those Euro puss Red Wings (which is how they view us). It's disgusting some of the bias that goes on at TSN. I still go there for game reviews, and a few other stuff like that, but really, it sickens me sometimes with the amount of bias that goes on there.

I found it funny while watching the last period of the Buffalo and NYI game on TSN that when they flashed scores from that night, they wouldn't elaborate after flashing the Wings/Calgary score. They just flashed the score and moved on to the next while telling us who scored, played goal, etc., after every other score from that night. Guess the guys behind the scene at TSN weren't too happy. It's sounds silly but it rings true to what you guys are talking about.

Not trying to play devil's advocate or anything, but TSN is sometimes dubbed as Toronto Sports Network by Canadians, because that is all the network seems to care about (much to the chagrin of us out west). I honeslty cant' say anything about their message board, because after a few visits I realized a lot of posts on it are pure crap.

I've always noticed this as well. Lots of times i'll end it with "let the fans from the states have their opinion heard once in awhile". Has nothing to do with tone either.. Because canadian fans can flame the so called "soft over-rated Dead Things " to hell and back all night long. It really is pretty sad.

Speaking of bias' how about Versus' Hockey Central. Do these guys even realize that there is a Western Conference??? Everytime I watch all they talk about is the East, even though the West is vastly superior. Last night they didn't even mention anything about the Wings/Flame game besides the score for 3 seconds then went back into talking about the Buffalo/NY game for another 20 minutes...Really pisses me off.

Speaking of bias' how about Versus' Hockey Central. Do these guys even realize that there is a Western Conference??? Everytime I watch all they talk about is the East, even though the West is vastly superior. Last night they didn't even mention anything about the Wings/Flame game besides the score for 3 seconds then went back into talking about the Buffalo/NY game for another 20 minutes...Really pisses me off.

Tonight they were basically forced to talk about it, since no Eastern Conference teams played today. They were still throwing stuff in about the East though, so I guess some things never change.

Damn you guys get pissed off easy. Yes, TSN is bias but dont turn this into a "whiny ass Canadian" thing. Americans networks would be bias too, but they dont give a s*** about hockey. The American broadcasters are equally bias as the Canadian ones... If you dont like it, dont go to the tsn site... the world doesnt revolve around Detroit Michigan..

Edited by e_mcgrath88

Damn you guys get pissed off easy. Yes, TSN is bias but dont turn this into a "whiny ass Canadian" thing. Americans networks would be bias too, but they dont give a s*** about hockey. The American broadcasters are equally bias as the Canadian ones... If you dont like it, dont go to the tsn site... the world doesnt revolve around Detroit Michigan..

No s***.. would you not expect the station to be bias towards Canadian teams... thats who they report day in and day out..they are a Canadian station..and besides it's the same with american stations too and it should be that way!!

yeah i understand your frustration, weird i never root for a team just cause theyre american vs canadian...canadians seem to have a tiny inferority complex sometimes

I've never fully understood that.

On one hand, I can see wanting your team to win, but I have never once caught myself thinking "Well the Wings are out, I just hope an american team wins it all."

NHL teams all have canadian players, and in a lot of cases, the majority of a roster are canadians...so I guess I dont get not cheering on the sport, and if youre seriously canadian biased, then your countrymen no matter what team they are on.

Maybe i'm just slow :P

EXCUSE ME!!!! Yeah, I'm using all caps and pointing that out. Perhaps someone has already called you on it, but that was not called for. Sure some canadians get up in arms about their teams, as would a Red Wing in defense of his. And I dont know why TSN would block a comment like that, I have seem some of the s*** they allow to be posted. But dont be playing the nationality card on this. The backlash could come right back at all the things americans do which irk us. But I wont, cuz for the most part I love americans and if I had to be born into another country than Canada ... it would be the US.

Sorry if this reply seemed a little extreme for the minor comment made ... but it pisses me off - on Both sides of the border - when we verbaly attack one anther for no reason.

EXCUSE ME!!!! Yeah, I'm using all caps and pointing that out. Perhaps someone has already called you on it, but that was not called for. Sure some canadians get up in arms about their teams, as would a Red Wing in defense of his. And I dont know why TSN would block a comment like that, I have seem some of the s*** they allow to be posted. But dont be playing the nationality card on this. The backlash could come right back at all the things americans do which irk us. But I wont, cuz for the most part I love americans and if I had to be born into another country than Canada ... it would be the US.

Sorry if this reply seemed a little extreme for the minor comment made ... but it pisses me off - on Both sides of the border - when we verbaly attack one anther for no reason.

no, im glad you posted this cause it only proves my point. First of all you obviously didnt read the thread and went into blind hate mode cause no one called me out on this comment, as a matter of fact only one person posted in response to it and said they agree with me saying that they have never pulled the "i root for a team because of whether they are canadian or american".

Say what you will, there has been obvious nationalism from CBC and TSN, and theres no hiding it. I honestly couldnt care. I was just suggesting it as a possibility. I'd hardly consider what I said offensive, hahaha take a deep breath and read the rest of the thread, you will see its not a canada bash

edit: spelling

Edited by Viperar

no, im glad you posted this cause it only proves my point. First of all you obviously didnt read the thread and went into blind hate mode cause no one called me out on this comment, as a matter of fact only one person posted in response to it and said they agree with me saying that they have never pulled the "i root for a team because of whether they are canadian or american".

Say what you will, there has been obvious nationalism from CBC and TSN, and theres no hiding it. I honestly couldnt care. I was just suggesting it as a possibility. I'd hardly consider what I said offensive, hahaha take a deep breath and read the rest of the thread, you will see its not a canada bash

edit: spelling

I agree that their is nationalism on CBC and TSN. They are our networks. Just like ESPN or VS. would be in the states. I did no doubt fly into a blind rage, cuz I dont like the comments about Canada or Canadians. Would be no different that if I came on here after hearing an american broadcast and claimed all americans to be arrogant or ignorant. It is just rude. Believe, living in Canada and cheering for an American team I get more than frustrated sometimes with the Canadian bias. I dont care to see 10 minutes of Canucks highlights and 20 seconds of Detroit. I wont doubt for a second that Canadian stations are bias towards its teams and will often make stupid comments towards the refing etc. that they wouldnt if it were any other team. But as I said, I jsut didnt get for that comment, thats all.

I agree that their is nationalism on CBC and TSN. They are our networks. Just like ESPN or VS. would be in the states. I did no doubt fly into a blind rage, cuz I dont like the comments about Canada or Canadians. Would be no different that if I came on here after hearing an american broadcast and claimed all americans to be arrogant or ignorant. It is just rude. Believe, living in Canada and cheering for an American team I get more than frustrated sometimes with the Canadian bias. I dont care to see 10 minutes of Canucks highlights and 20 seconds of Detroit. I wont doubt for a second that Canadian stations are bias towards its teams and will often make stupid comments towards the refing etc. that they wouldnt if it were any other team. But as I said, I jsut didnt get for that comment, thats all.

Hahahahah 2 points

1. dont put words in my mouth cause i didnt call canadians arrogant or ignorant.

2. ESPN doesnt even like hockey, VS and NBC atleast show some sort of unbias in their commentating, but when Don Cherry blindly cheers for calgary because theyre canadian? Hahahah i am just saying that you dont see that around here, or i personally have never been like oh well, i want the penguins to beat the senators because the penguins are an american based team.

and honestly if you worded the crap i said to aim it at america i wouldnt really care, so dont assume id run into a blind rage defending my country, especially cause this isnt a nationalism forum for battles of countries, its a hockey forum.

Hahahahah 2 points

1. dont put words in my mouth cause i didnt call canadians arrogant or ignorant.

2. ESPN doesnt even like hockey, VS and NBC atleast show some sort of unbias in their commentating, but when Don Cherry blindly cheers for calgary because theyre canadian? Hahahah i am just saying that you dont see that around here, or i personally have never been like oh well, i want the penguins to beat the senators because the penguins are an american based team.

and honestly if you worded the crap i said to aim it at america i wouldnt really care, so dont assume id run into a blind rage defending my country, especially cause this isnt a nationalism forum for battles of countries, its a hockey forum.

Your last part was right. I worded it to make it something I often hear Canadian say about americans. And yeah, you are right, Espn has a lot but forgot about hockey (if they were ever really interested) So, sorry if you thought I was putting words in your mouth, I was just trying to flip it to what might be said on the other foot.

Look, so this doesn't seem like a total dick, I will apologize for the blind rage response. I cheer for the Red Wings, and it is a tough thing to do when living in Canada. I would never pick a team (except perhaps at the Olympics) based on nationality. I love the players that are on the team and what they accomplish. My arguement on the nationalism thing would go up against any american who spoke bad of a canadian, or any canadian who spoke ill of an american without just cause. I know your response wasnt directly based at a canadian, only at how we sometimes feel we have to gaurd our teams simply because they are on this side of the border. (thats what I thought your meaning was anyway.

You are right, this is a hockey forum. But occasionally the lines of sport and nationalism cross. It was blurred into one the moment this post was started.

I would hope you would root for canada in the olympics as well, its nations competeing against nations. All i said was that canadians are more outward about supporting a team because they are canadian than americans are about supporting an american team. And no offense but your response does give off a hint of inferiority complex :ph34r: